“Best B and B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Athlone
Glasson Stone Lodge
Ranked #3 of 20 Athlone B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had a wedding in Glasson last weekend and stayed in this B and B.We were made very welcome by Oliver who brought us to hotel after we checked in.The room was very comfortable clean and had all the little extras that we usually forget to bring.The breakfast was lovely and Carmels homemade brown bread was very much appreciated after a night of partying.I would recommend this B and B to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed at the Stone Lodge for a night in May. I was made very welcome and the owners were very helpful with recommendations for restaurants. The room was a good size, bright, clean and well equipped. It was a very enjoyable and comfrotable experience. I can thoroughly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My brother lives down the road in Tang and booked the Glasson Stone Lodge for myself, my partner and two friends. We really liked this place. The owners were very sweet, friendly and made us extremely welcome right from the start - and the rooms were lovely. Smart, tastefully furnished and clean. Although the location is set back from a road, it was still quiet (I slept like a log and the bed was very comfortable), and we made use of the nearby amenities, notably the excellent Fatted Calf gastro pub a few minutes walk down the road. The breakfast was delicious. I had two perfectly poached eggs, two rashers of bacon and some toast - yummy. The full Irish seemed to go down well with my friends too. The black pudding was fab. Lovely fresh bread and big cafetieres of coffee. There was even a chocolate on the cups in our room. The garden at the back was charming, and as we picked a lovely sunny weekend, this was a nice extra. There was also ample parking at the back of the lodge. At 78 euros for a double room for a night, this was great value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3, which was a comfortable double room that I found quiet and very comfortable. Go...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you so much for your nice comments, good to know you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I would have to say that out of all the b&b's we have stayed in on our holiday here in Ireland this is a standout..
Carmel the owner was amazingly helpful and does her best to make your stay a memorable one.
The accommodation is modern and inviting.
Short walk to pubs and restaurants.
Charming little town to explore.
We would recommend this place to anyone who finds themselves in this part of Ireland.
Also great value for money!!!!!
Yvonne & Ray
Australia

Room Tip: Co Kerry to Londonderry (Derry)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thank you for your generous comments, nice to know we are doing it right.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I came to Glasson Stone Lodge for a wedding and was very very glad I did! It's perfectly located in the middle of a pretty village a few kms from two big function hotels, and walking distance from a glut of restaurants. The hosts Oliver & Carmel were terrific and the lovliest people, they could not have done enough for me. The room itself was pristine and surprisingly sumptuous given how very reasonable the price was. Next time I'm back in the midlands, I'd be loathe to go anywhere else!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We booked Glasson Stone Lodge as it was near the restaurant we were going to. We arrived early and got a very warm reception from a lovely lady called Carmel.The place was warm, welcoming and spotless. Our room was just perfect. Luxurious quilt, soft furnishing and pristine bathroom. Our breakfast was at 9.30, perhaps a tad early after a late night but it was fresh and tasty. We did not have to leave straight away as Carmel had things to do and we could relax which was a bonus. We met her husband Oliver the chef who is a quiet gentleman and friendly. All in all it was a wonderful experience and one that we will definitely return to.mags & pat

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2013

After searching for somewhere to stay, we arrived at this stunning cottage and were warmly welcomed by the charming and friendly Carmel. The room was stunning - well decorated and very comfortable. The village was a small but charming place to find ourselves in our last night on the road in Ireland. Our charming hosts certainly made our stay a truly memorable one. We would highly recommend the Stone Cottage to anyone looking for a quality B&B. Margaret and Dennis.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple