“Not for returning!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glasson Stone Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Athlone
Glasson Stone Lodge
Ranked #4 of 20 Athlone B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Not for returning!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Before I give my review I would just like to start I have never written a review on trip advisor before as most places I have stayed in were good to excellent but felt I had to put pin to paper so to speak here....Booked a single room for one night and never again! €55 on departure, only €50 via website (€3.50 booking fee), The lady of the house tried to convince me it was cheaper to book direct through her! she then touted for more business on the phone whilst I was making my booking as she had no other clients at that particular time for that night! I was asked what time would I arrive "as we are going out ourselves"! On arriving I was asked what type of breakfast did I want....followed by scrambled egg! I did not think I was getting an option so said scrambled will do...I did get a re-cooked wrinkly sausage and a half of cold tomato!!! next I was asked what time do you want breakfast as "we are going to mass in the morning"! There are no curtains on the window only a drape and the room was cold (rem it is a stone lodge!), I felt a pair of curtains would have given a warm feel as well as keeping the cold out! Most B&Bs now offer a cup a tea on arrival but nothing was offered! I gave her the money on departure and just about got a thanks! not worth €55, not sure she really wants to be in the hospitality business or has the personality for it! I am an Irish person and wondered what overseas clients would think of the welcome!

Room Tip: maybe a room at the front of the house?!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank magzerwest
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hi, sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We try and insure that all our guests are satisfied and We will certainly take all your comments on board in the view to achieving perfection. Thank you for your comments and apologies once again if we did not meet your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wicklow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

A group of five recently spent a weekend around the Glasson area. Lots to see and and great places to eat. Our b and b was recommended by all. Bright,comfortable and spacious double rooms with lots of little extras. The road is a little noisy bit the central location was great. Breakfast fresh and tasty. Overall a good experience at a good price

• Stayed June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Stayed here with friends as we were attending a wedding in Glasson Golf Club. The B&B is well located for it being about 5 minutes up the road and is also well located for the Wineport. The rooms were clean and roomy and the beds were comfortable.

In the bathroom there was a really helpful basket of items including facewipes and deodorant and shower gel and personal items in case you had forgotten anything which I thought was an excellent small extra touch.

The owner was very kind and drove us up to the hotel after we checked in which was very kind of her. And she gave us a taxi number for a guy to collect us late in the night (which he did at 6am!).

My only side comments would be that breakfast was only served from 8am-9.30am which we all thought was very early given that the majority of their business is people attending weddings. The breakfast was grand and lots of choice of cereal, toast or fry. Also, on a word of caution, they don't have a credit card machine so you have to pay with cash.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had a wedding in Glasson last weekend and stayed in this B and B.We were made very welcome by Oliver who brought us to hotel after we checked in.The room was very comfortable clean and had all the little extras that we usually forget to bring.The breakfast was lovely and Carmels homemade brown bread was very much appreciated after a night of partying.I would recommend this B and B to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed at the Stone Lodge for a night in May. I was made very welcome and the owners were very helpful with recommendations for restaurants. The room was a good size, bright, clean and well equipped. It was a very enjoyable and comfrotable experience. I can thoroughly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
West London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

My brother lives down the road in Tang and booked the Glasson Stone Lodge for myself, my partner and two friends. We really liked this place. The owners were very sweet, friendly and made us extremely welcome right from the start - and the rooms were lovely. Smart, tastefully furnished and clean. Although the location is set back from a road, it was still quiet (I slept like a log and the bed was very comfortable), and we made use of the nearby amenities, notably the excellent Fatted Calf gastro pub a few minutes walk down the road. The breakfast was delicious. I had two perfectly poached eggs, two rashers of bacon and some toast - yummy. The full Irish seemed to go down well with my friends too. The black pudding was fab. Lovely fresh bread and big cafetieres of coffee. There was even a chocolate on the cups in our room. The garden at the back was charming, and as we picked a lovely sunny weekend, this was a nice extra. There was also ample parking at the back of the lodge. At 78 euros for a double room for a night, this was great value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3, which was a comfortable double room that I found quiet and very comfortable. Go...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments, good to know you enjoyed your stay.
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I would have to say that out of all the b&b's we have stayed in on our holiday here in Ireland this is a standout..
Carmel the owner was amazingly helpful and does her best to make your stay a memorable one.
The accommodation is modern and inviting.
Short walk to pubs and restaurants.
Charming little town to explore.
We would recommend this place to anyone who finds themselves in this part of Ireland.
Also great value for money!!!!!
Yvonne & Ray
Australia

Room Tip: Co Kerry to Londonderry (Derry)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Thank you for your generous comments, nice to know we are doing it right.