“Superb B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Athlone
Glasson Stone Lodge
Ranked #2 of 20 Athlone B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Absolutely nothing to say wrong about this accommodation. Excellent in every way. We stayed here Friday 27th Sept. and found Carmel friendly and helpful - she even booked our restaurant for us! Rooms are fresh and airy and totally spotless. The Stone Lodge is a superb example of what all guesthouses in Ireland should be living up to. The breakfast matched the overall standard.
We were so impressed we have booked to come back to stay a night in October with two other couples to eat in another restaurant in the village!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hi Donal, thank you so much for your comments, nice to know we are doing it right, Carmel& oliver

Reviewed 31 August 2013

this was such a wonderful place to stay. our room was incredible, so roomy and comfortable. carmel & oliver think of everything! tea & coffee facilities in your room and lots toiletries in the bathroom right down to femine products. breakfast was fantastic and everything was so fresh. wi-fi in the rooms and there's a cosy loungeroom with t.v books and tourist information, although carmel & oliver were a wealth of information. lovely little town, hope to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen M
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank you Kathleen, it's lovely to see a review like yours, hope to see you again, until then all the best, Carmel&Oliver

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I travelled around Ireland staying in B&Bs. Glasson Stone Lodge was a standout experience: warm welcome by Carmel and Oliver who went out of their way to be helpful in many ways. The room was large, spotlessly clean, attractively presented and at ground level which made it easy to get our substantial suitcases to our room. Large off road car park was a bonus. Breakfast was the best we had in all of the B&Bs - absolutely delicious and the fruit salad was extra good. We had dinner in one of the nearby pubs, only a couple of minutes walk away. Many thanks to Carmel and Oliver for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, lovely to have you visit and glad to think we added a little something to your holiday, Carmel&Oliver

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great place. Carmel and Oliver are very welcoming, very friendly but not intrusive. I came to the area for sailing in Lough Ree Yacht Club and spent 3 nights. Carmel was very helpful with dealing with my wet gear etc. The house is really comfortable with everything you could need, including a kettle in the room which was especially appreciated by this tea-aholic. Carmel also thoughtfully has the ensuite stocked with toiletries in case you have forgotten anything. Breakfast was fantastic – everything and anything you could think of was available, including freshly stewed rhubarb from Carmel’s mother’s garden. Delicious. The rooms were refreshed daily and clean towels supplied. There is a large Centra next door which was very useful for picking up my lunch for the boat. Glasson is a lovely quaint town with a choice of excellent places to eat. So all in all, top marks, no complaints and I will be back next time I am sailing in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you Brian for taking the time to post your review and your kind words. Hope to see you again. Oliver

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I recently traveled with a friend to this warm and welcoming B & B. We found our accommodations most inviting and the warm welcoming we received from Carmel made me feel right at home. We visited quite a while as I tried to email my husband to let him know I was alive and well. Carmel suggested fun places to eat within walking distance and the next day fixed a great breakfast and we sat around drinking coffee and visiting like we were old friends. I would definitely stay again if I ever get back to Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hi Nancy, thank you so much for your very nice words. It was a pleasure meeting yourself and Denise and I enjoyed chatting with you both. If you are ever this side of the world again it will be a pleasure to have you stay with us, all the best from Carmel&Oliver

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Our stay at Glasson Stone Lodge was wonderful. I wish that I had spent more time there. This is a beautiful B&B in a quiet, small town. It's possible to walk to various wonderful places to eat. Our host was very gracious and helpful. I would definitely stay again. We had a wonderful breakfast with a good variety.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
glassonstonelodge, Owner at Glasson Stone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Hi Denise, thank you for your kind words, it's easy when we have someone like yourselves stay, until next time, Oliver

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband, Tom and I had a beautiful stay at Glasson Stone Lodge. Carmel and her husband Oliver were most gracious hosts. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed and pampered!
The local Artist shop in Glasson even opened on a Tuesday to let us explore fantastic local artistry. This couple is connected!! Carmel's dining recommendations were delish! We ate at Wineport Lodge and the Fatted Calf...visited Clonmacnoise and explored some of my "Dowling" heritage and Oliver's suggestion of Locke's Distillery led to an antique whiskey jug find later in our trip. I would highly recommend this family owned and operated B&B to all. Breakfast was wonderful, their family is kind and respectful...son Adam greeted us with a special welcome and son Mark was home visiting and shared his recent project experiences. Great people...quality setting...wonderful food...Fond Memories. Not just a B&B, Glasson Stone Lodge is a place where worldwide friendships are made! Thank you, Carmel. Jan & Tom from Illinois

Room Tip: All were decorated beautifully and customized to your size party.