“Very nice”

Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Very nice and quiet place to relax, golf course look very good but never got around to it. rooms are very nice very quiet slept like a log.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
GlassonGlasson, Manager at Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Glasson. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you "slept like a log". Our location, means we can offer a nice peaceful getaway for many, with nothing but beautiful Glasson countryside, Lough Ree and the golf course to help our guests relax.

Next time you come and visit, make sure and book a round of golf. The golf course is stunning and allows even the most amatuer golfer an enjoyable yet challenging game. We provide golf clubs, so you don't even have to bring your own!!

The management and staff look forward to welcoming you back to Glasson in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Dear All......... My first comment EVER on Tripadvisor

Thank you sincerely for a FANTASTIC day on Sat last, what an outstanding hotel, staff, food, cleanliness, never mind the scenery!! You made our Christening like a 'Mini Wedding' - Qoute from our families!!

Thank you and we will be back........... 100 / 100 to you all - TOP CLASS
Front desk staff are in a league of their own, never loose that professional and friendly touch.. still did'nt tell you whre I got my shoes thou Louise!! ;-) (Schuh Galway ;-)!! )
Robin, you did a superb job and so did your service staff that day you made everyone feel at home...
Mr Reid... Thankyou for coming into our guests to introduce yourself - How decent and welcoming.

In the times that are in it, you exceeded our expectation and you will have no problem carrying on!! Best of luck and always keep that step ahead of the rest as it SHOWS!!

Chat Soon -

Room Tip: Facing the lake
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Herself R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your family get together at Glasson. A Christening is a truly special occassion, and the fact that you chose Glasson to celebrate your day; we thank you kindly for that. I will pass the shoe comment on to Louise, I'm sure she will be on the road to Galway, ruffling through Schuh to find those fabulous shoes! I have passed your lovely comments to both Robin, the service team, our culinary staff and to Mr Reid himself, who was more than happy to come and greet your guests on the day. We are a family run and managed hotel and we always strive to provide a personal yet professional service.

We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and that we made your Christening like a "Mini Wedding"!! We would be delighted to welcome you and your family back to Glasson in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Recently stayed at The Glasson, I have to say I was very impressed. When we checked in Louise was at hand to tell us everything about the local area pubs, clubs, walks etc she was great help even told us what the weather was due to be like the next day so we could plan the next day, very helpful!

We had a suite 307 which was fabulous, room had a lovely big bathroom, 2 tvs, fireplace with electric fire, couch and arm chair and a balcony with great view over the Lake and golf course, would be lovely on a summers day to sit out!

we ate in the bar the first night which was lovely, my girlfriend got bread and butter pudding for desert which was the nicest we have ever had. I would go back just to get it again.

Great breakfast both mornings, all staff were very friendly.

Had a great time and will def be back, told all my friends and family who were very impressed and all are making plans to visit some time soon.

Thanks to all the staff!

Room Tip: suite 307 is lovely
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank olearycolin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your lovely comment. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Glasson. It really makes our day to read a comment like yours, as we know that our hard work and dedication to our guests is noted. I have passed your comments to all our staff, and our chef is particularly happy about the Bread and Butter pudding comment, he has worked hard to perfect the dish!! Our bedrooms are one of our specialities, offering a mixture of classic and deluxe rooms with breath taking views over Lough Ree and Glasson Golf Course. We try and make or rooms "a home away from home" and we are thrilled to hear you settled in nicely.

Colin, give me a call the next time you are visiting, so I can introduce myself and deliver the Warm Glasson Welcome. We would be delighted to welcome you back, and I will be sure to have the Bread and Butter Pudding ready for your arrival.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We chose Glasson for its location and facilities.The Hotel staff were very helpful with advice re activities over a two day period.These activities included Golf,a Boat Trip on the Shannon with Viking Mike,and a visit to Nearby Clonmacnoise Abbey .All these activites were possible with the help of the Hotel Staff, very friendly and helpful bus drivers and tour gides.
We would highly recommend Glasson Hotel and Country Club for all comfort,hospitality and good value.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
GlassonGlasson, Manager at Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Garry,
I am delighted to have read your review and thanks a million for sharing your experience of Glasson with the rest of the tourism world. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we helped to put together your itinerary during your visit. There is so much to see and do around the Lakelands region, including Clonmacnoise, the Shannon cruise and of course our championship golf course. The hotel is ideal for groups like yours- as everything you need is within only 10/15 minutes drive from the hotel. Athlone is only a "stones throw away" from Glasson village, offering fantastic shopping and entertainment opportunities.
Garry, I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Give me a call directly so that I can get the opportunity to meet you myself and maybe organise some more fun and interesting things to see and do in the midlands.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We attended a large function in early Feb. This was the 5th time I have stayed at Glasson House, and I have always been impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We upgraded to a Deluxe room (extra cost, maybe I could have got it for nothing if I had delayed booking, but I did not want to risk it!). Large room, lovely view, and the walk-in shower was a real luxury. The only thing I would change is the big and too spongy pillows.
We ate out in Glasson village on Fri evening. There were only a few staying in the hotel that night, and breakfast the next day was cooked in the kitchen - very good. We played 12 holes of golf at a very good rate and with complimentary trolleys. As the crowds arrived we spent the afternoon in the bar watching the rugby. The bar staff were very busy but kept smiling. From the bar menu I had a small tartlet filled with onion marmalade and with grilled goats cheese on top with a side salad for lunch. It was good.
Our evening meal was in the function room upstairs. Food and service were very good.
Breakfast on the Sunday was disappointing. My pet hate is rashers that are cooked in a large pan in the oven. As a result the top is crispy but underneath they are pale and the fat looks undercooked because it has been swimming in the water released during cooking. The scrambled eggs were equally unappetising. Definitely not 4 star food.
I would not hesitate to stay again, the location and hotel itself are top class, I just hope the breakfast is better the next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view. This also ensures that you are not disturbed by cars leaving late at night or a...

Dear Mykosha,

Thanks a million for your comments and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay here at Glasson. We are always trying to improve the products and services we offer all our guests and in order to do so, feedback from our customers is both welcome and expected. We always get great comments in relation to our beds, and the fluffiness of our pillows and duvets do help to make our beds much more comfortable.

I am disappointed to hear about the "rasher" situation, I have passed your comments to our chef and we have taken on board your comments in relation to the rashers and the eggs.
We were delighted to welcome your function back to Glasson again this year and we look forward to meeting you again next year. In the meantime, if you wish to visit Glasson in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can persoanlly discuss your requirements.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We spent a weekend in Glasson at a family wedding. From start to finish everything was superb. Beautiful views over Lough Ree on the entrance to the hotel. Lovely warm welcome by the hotel staff. Very spacious and comfortable surroundings. Tasteful decor. The bedrooms were most impressive especially the very comfortable beds. I would have to say I probably had one of my best sleeps ever. All meals were thorougly enjoyed by all. A great place to stay for any occasion.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank laurie69

Dear Laurie,

Thanks a million for your lovely comments. We are delighted to hear that you "probably had one of your best nights sleep ever"; that really makes our job all the better. We get alot of positive feedback about our food and service, however the beds get a great mention too.
Make sure to come back to us again in the future, for some more much appreciated uninterrupted sleep!! Check out the hotel website, which is updated regularly with special offers and packages to suit shopping breaks, relaxation getaways and golf trips.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our yearly family reunion and enjoyed a lovely weekend.
The staff were welcoming and friendly and we hope to return back again next year for. more of the same first class treatment

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stellamarisachill

Dear Stella,

I am delighted to have read your lovely comments about your recent stay at Glasson. I can tell you it really brightens my day when I hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations during your visit. The managment and staff work very hard to ensure that we always offer a high quality service, and the good feedback makes it all the more worthwhile. Don't forget to tell all your friends about your trip, and spread the word about Glasson, truely a hidden gem in heart of Ireland.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Glasson in the future.