All reviews golf course round of golf golf society wedding venue wedding reception lough ree beautiful setting top class from start to finish wonderful hotel wedding guests would highly recommend this hotel special thanks deluxe room second to none reception staff overlooking the lake
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been in Glasson Hotel as least three times this year alone. The stunning views, quiet location, lovely décor and tasty simple food always draw me back. .It being a family-run hotel help make this hotel a little more different than your average one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msmcgoo22
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I attended a wedding last week in Glasson Country House Hotel. Having been at a wedding here a few years back I was expecting much the same experience. Although the previous wedding had been extremely enjoyable this was even better. The hotel has been transformed and now takes full advantage of the absolutely beautiful surroundings. I live relatively near the hotel yet but it really feels like a world of its own. The staff were nothing short of fantastic throughout the day. My boyfriend and I were unable to get a taxi (granted it was the early hours of the morning!!) and one of the staff very kindly offered to bring us into Athlone where we were staying - more than you could ever expect and really saving the day! A huge thank you to Glasson Country House Hotel for a brilliant day in every respect.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Burke25
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely mother daughter escape for the night. We stayed in a suite - felt like our own luxury apartment. The view from our balcony was incredible. We had such a warm welcome and delicious breakfast and dinner. Nothing was too much trouble. We'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Melanie C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Glasson Golf & Country Club is almost in the center of Ireland, overlooking the beautiful Lough Ree on the river Shannon. Surrounded by a wonderful 18 hole golf course, and lovely walks, it has much to offer the visitor. Very friendly staff, and first class accommodation all add to the enjoyment.
The excellent nearby Motorway, and only 2 hrs from Dublin make the hotel easily accessible.
The Lovely village nearby has a number of really good local restaurants offering the visitor the choice of using the hotel facilities and/or dining locally.
We are a group of 12-16 friends , all in our 60's who have made a regular trip here each year for the last 6/7 years...a testament to the friendliness and hospitality.

Room Tip: Try get a delux Lake view room overlooking the wonderful vista of Lough Ree. It will add to the experience
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sean086
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Had lunch there today, food was fab. Staff friendly and polite. Went for a walk around the place really enjoyed it. Will be back when I'm staying at my aunts again just loved the place beautiful and quiet just what I needed after a busy week in work.

Stayed: July 2014