“Tranquil oasis”

Athlone Springs Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We bought a discounted 1 night stay at this hotel,it was beautiful and the staff were amazing each and every one. Although it was outside of Athlone town centre it was still convenient. The restaurant and bar offered great deals on the food and we ate there. The meal we had was delicious and the service excellent. Our room was huge..a twin room but had 3 beds. Huge bath,great shower,tea and coffee making facilities etc. No complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
James D, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Dear Paula Galway,

Thank you for your review.
Feedback like this helps us become better at what we do and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

We strayed here for longer weekend. Hotel is not on the best location (far from the city) and also the neighborhood is not attractive at all. These are the only minus.
Rooms are very modern and big enough. Also bathroom is clean and big. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms. Breakfast during the weekdays is from the menu and at the weekend is full breakfast bar which is much better (as you can take more then 1 option).
Staff is really polite and friendly.
I really like leisure center with Turkish bath, sauna, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Center is really big and busy as they have quite few members from the town.
This was my second stay in Athlone Spring. Nice modern hotel for good value. And just over hour drive from Dublin.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fils33

Dear Fils33,

Reviewed 5 March 2013

There was 11 of us travelling from Clare to Carrick On Shannon for a Hen Party. I had arranged to stop off in Athlone for Finger food on the way up. I had emailed Athlone Springs before hand to organise this, Victoria and Nicola who I had been emailing were so helpful and made everything so easy.
Everyone loved the food and there was plenty to go around. We were served 2 huge platters of sandwiches, Chicken goujons, Cocktail sausages, & Spring Rolls, My sister is Celiac and also has food allergy's and they made her up a huge salad bowl as requested. The staff were all so nice and couldn't do enough for us.
I would highly recommend stopping off here for food, They do very reasonable group offers.
The hotel itself looks lovely and I hope to come back and stay for a night or two :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Alfie,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments..

Michael

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed here because the Radisson and other more central hotels were booked out. I spent less than 12 hours in the hotel in total as I was busy in the town, but I can say that:
The rooms are very nice indeed, though I did get one (room 104) which has an air conditioning plant outside the window and was located over the late night (Sat) bar with it's local musical entertainment. This did not bother me as I had a few scoops and slept like a log. However the fact that I was even remotely aware of it indicates that a less somnolent person should be concerned about that room and it's environs.

Notwithstanding the delicate state of my constitution at 0900, I found the breakfast to very good and the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Do not get a room above the bar
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tom634,

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here on 15th Feb for one night. My wife was attending a business conference and I was relaxing. Reception was efficient and friendly. The room was perfectly acceptable and we booked in for spa massages in the Zen spa. Again, this was very nice. The main flaw over our stay was the service for lunch on the Saturday. My wife's group, having pre booked and pre paid for the lunch had to wait one and a half hours to be served. This was totally unacceptable and inexplicable, so we won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear SkindiverDublin,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your kind comments regarding our reception,our rooms, and on our Zen Spa.

I am obviously disappointed to note that lunch service for your wife was less than acceptable as you seemed to have a long wait despite her having pre ordered in advance

First of all may I apologize for the level of service on Saturday last which was caused by a number of issues relating to the pre ordering system which we usually operate in the hotel running less than smoothly.

This was due to the fact that only one third of the delegates who went to the conference chose to pre order but all of them arrived into the restaurant for lunch.

This will not happen again as we have since looked at the issues it has raised for us operationally and we have put in place a system which will ensure a much more managed approach when a conference does not wish to include the conference lunch into its fee.

Again I thank you for your review and I would hope that if you return to us anytime soon I would be afforded the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Many Thanks Again

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We enjoyed a few days relaxing at the hotel .. Lovely food in bar on arrival & in restaurant on second night . Staff very helpful with helping us organise activities 4 family over few days & dinner in town on last nite ... Only little thing I would say is during term holidays maybe breakfast could be bit later .i.e 1030 possibly .. Would have liked more zzz in morning ... However overall would highly recommend the Hotel .

• Stayed: February 2013
Michael H, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear TobsN,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for you kind comments regarding our helpful and friendly team. I am glad that you enjoyed your food in both the bar and restaurant.

We are delighted that you and your family found Athlone in general to be to your liking and that you were able to find activities that suited your family during your stay.

On the breakfast comment we have already addressed this and as you recommended pushed our weekend breakfast service forward to10.30am.

Again thank you for your comments and I hope to see you all back in Athlone very soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

just back stayed there 10th feb till 12th have to say a very nice hotel ... right not in the best location would be lost if i didn't have the car, value for money well worth it .. the food was lovely ordered dinner in the bar staff very nice and one of the bar staff asked my son what would he like even if it wasn't on the menu, food came out very hot and lovely we weren't waiting to long for it.. breakfast was lovely and i asked one of the staff if we could have some pancakes as it was pancake Tuesday ..

the staff were very friendly especially on the front desk tony very helpful. the rooms were very comfortable the view wasn't the best but didn't bother me. used the gym not bad my son loved the pool they could do with a bit more for kids to do.

the wifi in the hotel was very strong in the reception area but not the best in the rooms..

we will be coming back to stay again and a bit longer ..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Gerry M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I must say how particularly delighted I was with your comments regarding your dining experiences in the hotel and the fact that we went the extra mile with regard to menu offerings and flexibility of menu for our little guests.

Our team are always empowered to ensure that they do as much as possible to facilitate guest’s requests.

I am unsure as to the ages of your children but for another visit I would highly recommend you looking at the following kid’s activities in the Athlone area and to perhaps make use of our discounted rates with all of these companies

1. Glendeer Pet Farm

2. Adventure Athlone Activity

3. Viking Boat Trip

4. Leisure World

5. Jump For Joy

Thanks again for you very kind review