“Early start”

Athlone Springs Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
“Early start”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Myself my husband and my two boys stayed in this hotel
when booking in I requested to be in a room away from any expected noise as we had an early start for a tak Wando competition and boys needed a good night sleep
The receptionist was very friendly and said we would be in room 113 away from hens and stags etc
We had our dinner food was excellent and staff in Restaurant exceptional
Went to bed got boys to sleep then the music started we could hear every word and vibration of music this went on till around half 3 in morning we never slept all night
was a night mare never again I don't know who thought this was a quiet room right over band and dj was wrecked for day complete waste of money only good thing was that kids slept if music had woke them would have had to leave
Pool edge also had pieces lifting where water is brushed into very dangerous
attention to detail also lacking in cleaning door in bathroom all spillages

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Olivia O
Michael H, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Olivia O,

Please accept my apologies for the noise interruptions which made your stay less than ideal.

On a future visit to Athlone please can you contact me direct to ensure that I can make the proper room allocations for you.

That Said I hope the boys preformed well.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I started our travels here. We stayed here for two days and to be honest I was grad to leave. I have never done reviews before but I had such mixed reviews over my break away, I decided it was time to start. When we arrived the receptionist seamed did interested, like it was trouble to check us in. We headed to our room which was fine. We went to the bar where we were met by one staff member who served us our drinks and bearly looked at us. The young girl who took our food order was polite and friendly but we ended having go wait for nearly 40 minutes for our food which was average to say the lease for the prices. We were glad we ate elsewhere the following night. Glad I had only booked for two days. Won't be going back

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Jane R,

Perhaps you would be so kind as to contact me direct to discuss our failings in more detail because as a team we normally get great reviews on how we treat our customer an in general our food achieves good comments.

We must have been off our "A" Game during your stay so my apologies for that .

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was in the Springs hotel with a bunch of girls for a night away & cant recommend tthe hotel enough, staff were excellent especially bar staff & the girls in reception so helpful & professional. Bar food was lovely & as the bar is small & they couldnt fit the group of us in for food that evening they gave us a table in the restaurant with the choice of bar food or off the restaurant menu. It is a short taxi ride away from Athlone town but def worth it.
I def will be returning!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Leeners

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad the team excelled at making your stay enjoyable.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel last weekend and it was excellent. 12 months approximately we had also stayed there and it was very poor ..this time the receptionist was very welcoming the room was spotless and then we decided to eat in the restaurant the food was absolutely beautiful now in a town like Athlone where there are many excellent restaurants this one is right up there with them. Overall a lovely hotel with friendly staff and an excellent restaurant.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Seanban,

What a difference a year makes!!!

Delighted you decided to give us a second try and thank you for your kind review.

kind Regards

Reviewed 31 March 2014

OK I don't want to be negative, But I have to say The Athlone springs needs a lot to be desired. The staff ware friendly enough, The lobby was nice, The building is a relatively new one, So Why the negativity?
The Room was nice, The same old room that You get in every hotel, Just not as clean, Not dirty, Just not up to scratch. Cigarette burns on the curtains looked old. The bathroom was old, Floor not clean from the previous occupant, leaky glass on the stand up shower meant that water went trough to the floor, The lack of a shower curtain meant that the towels got socked. The room lighting was dim, No option to turn on a main light. gave a dim look to the room.
The pool area was not nice at all, the staff member throwing a bucket of what I can only assume was Chlorine in the opposite end, was off putting, The steam room was Cold, If it was out of order a sign to say so would have been nice. The sauna had benches that ware a few years overdue for basic maintenance. ( Looking at splinters when You are in swimming shorts is very worrying )
The food in the restaurant , while quite nice, was served up very late, with the added "Ill bring the Veg in a moment" that never came, I assume my order was lost as I had to order desert twice, and was left an extra 20 mins just to get that. And when I went to pay, The bill bore no reflection on what it should have been,The Meal was included in My stay, But I was firstly told the bill was €50, a lot for Two beers, But it was sorted before I left.
I didn't complain to anyone in the hotel because if the staff cant already see the problems in the hotel, Its not My job to tell them.
This should be a better Hotel, You have the staff, The the location. You just have to put a little effort into it.
It Just felt Tired, Not Old but Tired.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Filmflanfan
Dear Filmflanfan,

Thank you for your review and despite obviously being very disappointed with its content my intention is to use it to refocus our team on what can happen when we take our eye off the ball for even an instant.
As you didn't mention anything at the time we were naturally unable to make any recompense to you so perhaps on a future visit to Athlone you would be so kind as to touch base and I may be able to offer you an upgrade.

Again thank you for your review.

Dublin
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Staff, room and breakfast were all very good, but the fact that one had to bring a towel from the room to the swimming pool was a nuisance, as there was no warning of this in the room and one had to return to get a towel and were thus short of towels for the next day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your review. It is the little things that count and in this instance the towel issue should not have arisen. I have asked my team to identify why sufficient towels were not available to our guests when you stayed.

I am glad however that you did enjoy the rest of your stay.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

spent one night midweek for 2
3 course evening meal and breakfast 120 euro excellent value
rooms clean and comfortable swimming pool excellent and location not to far out from town center
10 minutes in a taxi

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sligoinian
Dear Sligoinian,

Thank you for your review and your comments regarding the value and the standards you received. whilst here in Athlone Springs.

Hope to see you back again.

Regards