“Fabulous homemade food.”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Each time I go to Athlone I always go to Poppy Fields for lunch. Staff are always friendly and chatty. There is a lovely selection of food to choose from. Everything is homemade and always so tasty. Try the chowder so good. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Poppy Fields

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Went here the other morning with my partner for breakfast .. I ordered a mini breakfast while my partner had 2 sausages,2 rasher and a fried egg - both had tea. Waiter was nice and friendly but as soon as she took our order she dropped us our tea and toast and then sat on table beside us to eat her breakfast/lunch. we were then left for a good 10min before our breakfast came and by then out toast was clod. Presentation was not good, everything for both of us was throwing onto the plate. Plates were to small and mine was cracked in 3 different places and my cup for tea was not cleaned properly.Heard so much good things about this place but not impressed at all and don't think i will return.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Two local ladies recommended this little place so before we left Athlone we called in for coffee. The menu choices looked good but we were only having coffee, which was very tasty...

Reviewed 15 May 2013

will never be going here again. ordered a sandwich, when I got it I realised there was something on it that I was mildy allergic to that was NOT written on the menu. After the staff were rude to me I decided to not order anything else. The member of staff insisted that it was my fault and made me pay. Disgraceful customer relations and below average food.

2  Thank YvonneH511
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Always find the food and staff good. Always full to the door but quick turnover. Great for a quick lunch.