“Ssshh...”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I don't want to tell people how good this place is,it's hard enough to get a table as it is. However,i would have to say the tandoori chicken salad is the best ever. And their bagels with bacon,brie and cranberry...

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Had breakfast here recently, average enough. Fast and friendly service, breakfasts were a bit on the scarce side.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Lovely fresh home made food! Excellent customer service. Its a litl gen and the staff are friendly. Always busy which is a good sign too!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Each time I go to Athlone I always go to Poppy Fields for lunch. Staff are always friendly and chatty. There is a lovely selection of food to choose from. Everything is homemade and always so tasty. Try the chowder so good. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Went here the other morning with my partner for breakfast .. I ordered a mini breakfast while my partner had 2 sausages,2 rasher and a fried egg - both had tea. Waiter was nice and friendly but as soon as she took our order she dropped us our tea and toast and then sat on table beside us to eat her breakfast/lunch. we were then left for a good 10min before our breakfast came and by then out toast was clod. Presentation was not good, everything for both of us was throwing onto the plate. Plates were to small and mine was cracked in 3 different places and my cup for tea was not cleaned properly.Heard so much good things about this place but not impressed at all and don't think i will return.