“best pub food of our trip”
Review of O'Dwyers The Villa

O'Dwyers The Villa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waterville
O'Dwyers The Villa
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waterville
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stopped here for lunch while driving the Ring of Kerry on a rainy day. Warm, inviting, popular with the locals. Had the best Sticky Toffee Pudding of our entire trip [in fact, we spent the rest of our vacation ordering it at every chance, but none came even close]. And the food was delicious too. We'd come back here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allelualle

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at the B&B recently and will split this review into plus and room for improvment aspects of staying here. On the plus side 1. At 35 Euro a night it's good value. 2. Well cooked Full Irish breakfast. 3. Well located in the village close to facilities. 4. Good TV reception in rooms . 5 Friendly staff. 6. Bar downstairs is very handy for late in the evening. 7. The room was clean.
On the room for improvement. 1 Although the premises were refurbished some time ago they have not been maintained with cracks in some ceilings and walls. 2. Some Hall and Bedside lights were not working. 3. I found it quite cold but it was winter. 4. What I assume was a water pump made noise at various times. 5. No extractor vents in bathrrooms and mirrors were too low to shave standing up.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonIrish32
Reviewed 17 January 2013

If in this neck of the woods then the sea side village of Waterville is definitely worth a visit. After an embracing walk with the dog along the sea front me and the wife were ready for a few pints of the black stuff and some traditional Irish food. We ventured into O'Dwyers to be greeted with a raging open fire and the smell of burning turf. The wife secured a table by the glowing embers whilst I called up a couple of pints of the black stuff. In Ireland be prepared to wait for your porter as pouring the perfect pint takes time and provides an opportunity to talk to the locals and have the 'Craic'. A friendly lady behind the bar provided menus and directed that I take a seat and that she would bring the Guinness and take our orders.This allowed for the opportunity to explore this traditional quaint Irish pub. Nothing pretentious, no blaring music or television but the back ground noise of locals chatting and laughing all adding to the friendly atmosphere. The Guinness arrived, jet black with a creamy smooth head, definitely hitting the spot and was to be the first of several that day! Whilst our intentions was to sample Irish fayre the couple next to us had opted for the chicken curry and we did the same and was not disappointed. Ample portions of curry and rice were accompanied by a huge basket of fries that would satisfy the most hungry of patrons.The curry was tasty with large chunks of chicken and of moderate heat cooked and infused using an array of spices. Having had some soakage we shouted up another two pints as it would have been rude not to. With liquid desert on order with both sat back and enjoyed the fire, the ambiance and of course the Guinness. All in all good service, food, drink and value for money. Until we return again don't change a thing!!! (Oh & two pints please...) Note: Unable to comment on B&B.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Although I didn't stay at the hotel, I spent an evening in the classic Irish pub. It was my first trip to Ireland and my first solo trip anywhere, and I stopped in Waterville on my trip through the ring of Kerry for dinner and some coffee. Originally, I was looking for a place that I could take food with me since it was already later than I'd hoped. But, I decided to sit at the bar and have some fish and chips. Not only was that delicious, but the company was wonderful. I was very nervous at first to talk with strangers, especially in another country, but there's no time to be nervous around the Irish, for they are as welcoming as could be and always up for chatting. I ended up spending over two hours talking with locals, a charming Irishman and a hilarious Englishman along with the bubbly and entertaining bartender. We talked on everything from sheep and various farm animals to politics and I could have kept on if I hadn't had to get back to my cottage which was a good 4 hours away. This was such an adventure for me (a novice young traveler) and I'll never forget it! Great food, great company - and that's what it's all about. That right there is why I started traveling.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Called here saturday afternoon for a pint and a snack, found the owner and the few locals at bar
friendly,bar is very clean, free wifi but a bit slow, owner told us to check out utube- wooden spoons which we did, very funny.We were staying in the smugglers but from the warm welcome would recommend you call here can't comment on b&b.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is the picture you have in your head of the classic country pub. Great location across the street from the beach in this four block town. Kids file in for a bite to eat in the restaurant after school. Old timers are sitting at the bar for a pint at 5 pm. A couple of picnic tables out front are a nice spot for a pint if the weather is nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our 2 BR room upstairs was quiet and comfortable. Food was okay. My son enjoyed his burger, my chicken patty sandwich may have been the reason I had to rush for the bathroom the next day. Good full Irish breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I went into the pub of O Dwyers and i have heard such good things. Maybe it was an off day but the young girl behind the counter was not very friendly at all it was 5pm and we didnt realise certain food started at 6pm. There was free wifi there but we didnt ask for the code. We got a few drinks and then left the atmosphere was so bad, i dont know if we just went at a bad time or that its always like this cause i visited a year before and it was amazing. Hopefully they solve this before i visit again next year.

Very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kate993
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Sea Lodge Hotel Waterville
#2 of 13 in Waterville
Smuggler's Inn
Smuggler's Inn
#4 of 13 in Waterville

Been to O'Dwyers The Villa? Share your experiences!