“Fantastic food but ...”

Cuisines: European, Irish, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Food is delicious but the prices are slowly rising and there is never enough tables. If you do go there I would recommend the seafood chowder or the buffalo wings to start.

3  Thank Seamus W

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Visit here every couple of months and food always excellent. However this was first time visiting that I wasn't impressed. The feed was at it's usual high standard and our main waitress was very nice & helpful. Service was slow, actually very slow even for a busy night and our coffees/teas arriving before our dessert was not ideal. The only major issue was one waitress in particular who was absolutely dog ignorant rude to us. I can't believe she ever got hired to a place that has in general such excellent customer service.
I do feel bad leaving a negative review as in years of visits this is the only bad experience I have ever had in Fitzpatricks. I still would have no problem recommending to others & will be back myself.

3  Thank LCD186605
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Had our first visit here recently based on recommendations from friends. Everything was fabulous. The set menu was
reasonably priced and I am looking forward to returning soon.

2  Thank KevinandLucy
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We live 50 minutes away but love to stop here to eat when we are in the area. Love the quirky decor and food is without fail, wonderful. The presentation is just great. Stopped in last Friday evening and were lucky to get a table without a booking. As always it was a pleasure. Grainne was our waitress and she was particularly friendly and efficient with everyone from what I observed. She was particularly kind to out five year old son and gave him a special ice cream cone. Looking forward to eating here again sometime.

3  Thank Barbskn
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We returned here after 40 years when the restaurant was called Angela's! The food was excellent then and is still excellent today. It was very busy but the service was still very good. The lobster dish will be a topic of conversation for many a year! Great to go back to somewhere and be just as enthusiastic!

1  Thank westyWells