“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eno Bar & Grill

Eno Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Dundalk
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Eno' Bar & Grill, is a vibrant restaurant with a great buzzy atmosphere. Everything is made fresh, from scratch every day, using the best ingredients that we can source - to offer you the freshest most authentic Mediterranean food. We think food is important & are passionate about what we do. We have a wood-fired oven which we use to make authentic Neapolitan style pizzas, bread & also roasted vegetables, fish & meat.We offer a great value early bird menu, daily 5-7pm & all night mid week. We also do a traditional Sunday Lunch Menu every week 12-4pm - perfect to get the family together!Eno' is located in the heart of Dundalk opposite St Patrick's Cathedral - easy to find and with ample parking!Our Tapas & Cocktail Lounge is open Friday & Saturday night, serving a selection of Spanish & Italian Tapas Specials.
Dundalk
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I have been to Eno many times and it just keeps getting better. From the moment you enter the premises there is a lovely bar to have a drink and the staff are very good and professional. The cocktails are great and they have proper draught beer too. The food has always been great and the menu constantly changing to give regulars like me a new treat every few weeks. The owners obviously put a lot of effort in and it shows everywhere in the building. My last meal of a bruschetta plate for starters and an amazing pesto pasta for mariners was fab and finished off with a great desert of afogato. It was all great and good value too. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Get Hungry...Eat at Eno's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Eno's is my favourite restaurant. Lunch was gorgeus, the pizza has the best taste ever. Other pizzas I have tasted in restaurants always have an over load of cheese as a topping which is not, in my opinion, the important ingredient. Eno's pizza has a lovely tomato sauce which is the overpowering ingredient the sweetness of the cheese topping simply complements the tomato base on the crispy pizza. The bruschetta was full of flavour and the diveristy of the toppings moreish. The house wine was delicious and suited both courses perfectly. Tiramisu was delicious as was the first coffee. The second coffee, however, was tasteless and definitely not fresh.

However, I am a big fan of Eno's and will always return this is my second review and I have visited this restaurant at least ten times in the last year both for lunch and evening meals. The quality of food is outstanding thank-you to the owners for your concept, authentic italian cuisine and maintaining a standard that your competitors in the area are obviously striving to reach.

Service was excellent; one waitress was working and dealt with a busy service so efficiently and with a helpful, pleasant attitude.

• Visited August 2012
Monaghan, Ireland
“yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have been here three times, delicious food all around, the crab linguine was delicious and the bruschettas are definately worth a try. cute surroundings, will definately be returning. You can also get takeaway, so i may be trying this some night i don't feel like cooking! :) YUM!

Visited February 2012
Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
“Good & bad.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Had a table booked for 20:15 & when we arrived there they realised that they had given our table to another party under the same name so we sat in the bar for quite a while. They were very apologetic & gave us complimentary drinks. We didn't mind too much as it was a genuine mistake. We eventually were shown to our table & ordered our food. Our starters didn't come til 21:30, 1:15 hours after we arrived, but I must say that they were absolutely beautiful. Then once our starters had been cleared away it took another 50 minutes for the mains to arrive. I had pasta all'arrabiata which was delicious, the portion was huge. I could only eat about half of it since the starter was a big portion too. We then had dessert, which came in 15 minutes. I had the chocolate fondant & I must say it really was something else.
Overall I must say the food was exquisit, but the wait before & inbetween courses was far too long. We weren't finished eating til 23:20, just over three hours from when we arrived.
I would not let the table mix up put me off going there again, but i'd say just for lunch next time.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Anne W
Victor G, Owner at Eno Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Anne,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your meal.
Regarding the delay in seating your party and the timing of your meal I would like to point out the following:
The delay in seating your party was caused by two factors.
Firstly as you could see we were fully booked - it was a very busy Saturday night service. Secondly, there was an unsettled young baby in your party. This necessitated that the table we sat you at be able to fulfil the following criteria:
a) The seating had to be suitable for the baby and enable it to lie down and sleep.
b) Easy access to the child so that it could be attended to easily during your meal.
c) To minimize any disturbance to other diners.
The table reserved for the group that we sat in error, would not have been suitable for your party. As a result, it took us a little while to rearrange our seating plan accordingly.

Had we been informed that you had a baby included in your party, we would have recommended a much earlier sitting. Many of our Saturday night guests, whom we know, would have organised baby sitters for the evening and we feel it is unfair to seat parties with very young children close to them. May I also point out that, the majority of restaurants will not even accept children after 8pm. We on the other hand, have adopted more of an Italian attitude to children and welcome them as long as they are well behaved and not disturbing other diners.

Perhaps the baby's unsettled behaviour made your party more aware of time, which is understandable, but there are some discrepancies in the timings you mention in your email, compared to our systems time log.

I note from our system that you were seated at 9:04 pm - your order was taken at 9:11pm and delivered about 15mins later shortly before 9:30pm. I can confirm this as at 9:35pm your waitress logged a "starters away" command on our system - this is done by the waitress when she has served the starters & acts as the signal for the kitchen to start making your main courses. During busy nights we would send the starters away signal soon after delivering the starters to give the kitchen a few extra minutes.

I would like to point out that your starters came from our kitchen and our wood-fired oven (beside your table) - two different sources. The starters from the wood-fired oven - mini Calzone pizzas & garlic pizza bread, were delivered to your table within two minutes of the others. I was at the back of the restaurant and witnessed this myself.

One of the main courses was a well done Fillet Steak - this takes a minimum of 20 minutes on the grill. This is the item that will dominate the timings of the rest of your parties main courses, in order to ensure everything arrives at the table together. We estimate that you received your main courses at 22:15pm (Extra potatoes were ordered at 22:23).

Your dessert order was logged on our system at 22:50pm and was delivered promptly within 15 minutes. The extra ice cream was ordered at 23:02 and delivered by me about 2 minutes later. Your table was paid and closed at 23:37pm - about half an hour after the last of your dessert was served. Your party were sitting at your table for just over 2 .5 hours - you all ate starters, main courses & dessert. Taking into account that there was a well done steak included & there were extra items ordered during both the main course and dessert, I do not think that this is an overly excessive amount of time for a party of 6, out celebrating a family occasion in a busy restaurant on a Saturday night.
Had you or any member of your party indicated that you were keen to finish your meal and leave, we would have done our utmost to speed up proceedings.

Victor Graham
Owner
Balbriggan, Dublin, Ireland
“lunch last tuesday”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

we found the place very comfortable, spacious and conducive to conversation. the menu was very confusing, so much so that I mistook the main course for a starter. It was supposed to be prawns with what sounded like a very exciting salad. There were vey few prawns and the salad was mediocre. there was a lot of asparagus which I couldn't finish. the desserts were delicious and beautifully presented. Michael, our waiter, was courteous and helpful. nice touches and rest rooms luxurious .expensive for main course as there was no substance to it, they did give us a free glass of wine as the service was so slow. I might return on a monday night when prices are cheaper. this could be a great venture.

• Visited July 2012