“Very good Food, nice decor and staff!”
Review of Eno Bar & Grill

Eno Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 99 Restaurants in Dundalk
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Eno' Bar & Grill, is a vibrant restaurant with a great buzzy atmosphere. Everything is made fresh, from scratch every day, using the best ingredients that we can source - to offer you the freshest most authentic Mediterranean food. We think food is important & are passionate about what we do. We have a wood-fired oven which we use to make authentic Neapolitan style pizzas, bread & also roasted vegetables, fish & meat.We offer a great value early bird menu, daily 5-7pm & all night mid week. We also do a traditional Sunday Lunch Menu every week 12-4pm - perfect to get the family together!Eno' is located in the heart of Dundalk opposite St Patrick's Cathedral - easy to find and with ample parking!Our Tapas & Cocktail Lounge is open Friday & Saturday night, serving a selection of Spanish & Italian Tapas Specials.
“Very good Food, nice decor and staff!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Celebrating a belated wedding anniversary, we arrived to Eno on a Saturday night with no reservation. Staff checked availability and with a bit of luck and good will from management we got seated.

Decor is very balanced and interesting. The wood fired oven at the back of the restaurant gives Eno a cozy feel even during the summer.

Starters: we had bruschetta first and loved the variety presented. Parma Ham really good, pesto also. Maybe a melted cheese option could be interesting for future. We also had mix seafood platter in tempura batter and was really really good. Really well presented and it tasted as good as it looked.

Mains: my wife went for a seafood Tagliatelle and it was the best she had so far. They don't spare on seafood with a great variety and cooked really well.
I went for a rib eye steak and don't let the price tag scare you, it is worth every cent. Really well presented with pepper sauce in pot, asparagus, chutney and potato gratin, portion big enough even for a big eater like me. Best steak experience I had so far.

Dessert: menu is varied and interesting but end up having just an affogato.

Will definitely be back to try the good looking pizzas, chocolate fondant and cocktails.

If we were to be picky, and as a suggestion, tables for 2 seem too small. Struggle to fit main plates and side order at the table.

We were really impressed, great food experience, staff and management very nice and a cozey place to be in. See you soon.

• Polish first
Co louth, Ireland
“Beautiful Decor, Food was disappointing on Night”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This decor is beautiful, service friendly and warm, toilets clean,tables a little too close together towards the back of the restaurant.
We opted for the 'Early bird' menu, 3 courses for €25, Good selection of all courses, I did enjoy my meal but unfortunately I do have a few little grumbles.
My Ministrone Soup was not very hot and the beans/ Lentils were hard ,but the flavour was nice.
my friend ordered the Seabass, the main was a bit underwhelmed, there was a lot of roasted beetroot on plate, there is only so much beetroot one can eat, some Italian style potatoes, which she would have prefered more of then the large amount of untouched beetroot. My pizza was lovely although would have liked a touch more tomato sauce, it was a bit dry in places,but I did enjoy.
Desert!!! Oh Dear, 'Cappucino pavlova' was advertised, what i got was a meringue nest filled with cream, sprinkled with coffee powder on top, and 1 strawberry cut in half on either side of the nest.I am sorry, it was a dismal attempt at a pavlova,2 strawberry halves do not constitute calling that dessert ''pavlova''.Overall the athmosphere and food was nice, just a little bit disappointing as I had heard great reviews of Eno's Food, maybe we were just unlucky !!We ordered 2 bottles of house wine and were charged 56 euro on bill for them... Shocking for house wine!
Would I go back,? I loved the ambience, the service was friendly and welcoming, just felt, yes its an early bird and good value, but felt that early bird orders are not treated same as ala carte orders... I will try it for Lunch, because in fairness to Eno they have a great reputation and it is a beautiful restaurant,that it deserves a second chance, I hope to review it again at a later stage and can give more positive review.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank almajosgan
dundalk
“Love Love Love”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Been to Eno many times, one of my favourite restaurants in Dundalk. Always great food with a lovely atmosphere and friendly staff.

Visited July 2014
Dundalk, Ireland
“Communion dinner”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had our daughters Communion Dinner at Eno, the food was very good and the children got to help make their own pizza's which they loved.

The staff are excellent and very friendly, the restaurant is clean and has nice decor, over all an excellent experience and good value to boot. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Dundalk
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in Eno many times. But I have not been there for over a month. We booked a table for lunch. I had the crab cakes which were amazing. None of your potato filling just white crab meat. Then for mains had a teriyaki salmon with side salad. Not my usual choice but it was great. Deserts were homemade cheesecake. The food amazing the service just keeps getting better and the overall price is extremely fair for top class food. I would highly recommend anyone to this jewel in the Dundalk restaurant scene. Can't wait to go back.
Keep up the good work