Carrickdale Hotel
Travelocity
US$100
US$97
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Oystercatcher Lodge(Carlingford)
TripAdvisor
    TripAdvisor
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsthe main hotelcrazy golfjacuzzi bathleisure centreserenity spamini golfrelaxation roomsister hotelspa facilitiesbusy hotelbrilliant hotelbar foodrestaurant stafffrom start to finishfirst classwedding receptionreception staff
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had our wedding here on the 5th of April 2014, we were looked after by Miriam, who was next to none, she was amazing and made our day extra special. We would like to thank all the staff that day who provided the food, it was discussed about for weeks how great, with one person commenting to me... 'any other wedding your waiting to be served, in the Carrickdale you were nearly asking them not to server you food, it was amazing'. Would highly recommend anyone planning their wedding to speak with Miriam and the Carrickdale.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
    MarketingCdale, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Firstly thank you for choosing the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa for your wedding venue and I am delighted you both enjoyed your wonderful day. I have passed this onto all the staff who were involved with your wedding and they are delighted with your positive feedback. Miriam is a fantastic asset to the team at the Carrickdale Hotel and she always takes great pride in her work, but it is always great to see others acknowledging this.

I would like to take this opportunity to wishing you both the very best of luck and happiness in your future lives together.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed in the Carrickdale hotel on Tues for one night with my daughter.I have stayed a few times with my husband a few years ago an always loved it.When we arrived we were made feel so welcome.Staff were all so pleasent..We got a back room an when I seen it I was amazed ..It was all renovated an looked fabulous.. The bathroom was so nice..loads of hot water for a bath or a shower..lovely shampoo and body wash,shower hat an other bits.We had dinner in dinning room it was so tasty.Food was so fresh and warm.it was only £33 for two dinners..yum...complements to the chief.You can also have carvery lunch for £11.I noticed as I was leaving.Looked very good value.Can't wait to stay again.TV also loads of chanels.Thanks to all the staff for a lovely stay.Linda, Dublin

Room Tip: I have stayed in lots of different rooms and was always happy
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I am so delighted to read about your lovely stay and am delighted everything exceeded your expectations. We will look forward to you re-visiting the hotel soon and thank you for your lovely comments.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I feel I have to share this experience...was given a voucher for a treatment in the spa (second time) and came early to spend time here chilling out and chill out I did!
    slept for 2 hours after the treatment and then spent a further 2 hours enjoying the other facilities!
    Was nearly horizontal when I left....luv the place.....have told family if they want to buy me presents to give me vouchers for this spa...amazing staff and facilities...I would highly recommned it to anyone needing chill out time...looking forward to the next one!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
    MarketingCdale, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Our spa is a fantastic asset to our hotel and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience – it sounds like you truly had a relaxing time in our state of the art Serenity Spa and I am delighted you want future vouchers as presents to come back!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had dinner here today for Mother's Day. It was a very busy day but the restaurant was well staffed so the food was served very promptly. We had the three course lunch with tea/coffee which cost 22euros each which we felt to be v reasonable. I had the steak which had a 4euro supplement . It was very tender. The only problem I would have is that the desserts were poor. This is the same problem I have with its sister hotel, the Canal Court in Newry. The desserts are always a disappointment. Both hotels should consider their dessert menus and maybe have a specialised pastry chef to improve on this as it does put me off. Staff were wonderful, really attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Mother’s Day is a very busy day throughout the hotel, however I am delighted you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant and felt that our set lunch menu at €22.00 was very reasonable especially for the quality of food that is served. I am disappointed to read that your dessert was disappointing; however I have brought this to the attention of our pastry chef who was disappointed with your comments and has assured me that they will review the desserts. I am delighted you received excellent service and look forward to seeing you back in our restaurant soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

As squad manager of the Scottish Student Football National Programme, I booked our squad of young footballers and staff members into the Carrickdale Hotel for our pre-match preparation for our international fixture against Irish Colleges Select at Oriel Park.

The experience from start to finish was excellent - before leaving Scotland the correspondence with the hotel was prompt and professional and upon arrival everything was set up and ready to go for us. We first let the players a pre-match meal; the player's dietary requirements from our nutritionist were quite strict but everything we asked for was prepared brilliantly by the kitchen and was great for both quantity and quality. When the guys had finished eating, the room was quickly cleared by the staff at hand and we were able to have our pre-match team talk in peace.

The guys were also able to go for a walk and take in the spectacular scenery surrounding the hotel and/or relax in the hotel lounge - both of which added to their experience.

Although we were only in the hotel for a few hours, the atmosphere was clearly very relaxing for guests and I would recommend it to any potential guests/diners.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such a wonderful review. The hotel is renowned for offering pre and post-match meals for squads and I am delighted to hear you experienced a prompt and professional service that is expected in the hotel. We are always happy to cater for all nutritional and dietary requirements and offer private rooms for team meetings when required.

We welcome The Scottish Student Team back to the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa anytime and thank you again for your lovely comments!