“great place”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dundalk
bangor co down
“great place”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

stayed for one night but really enjoyed it.
price was excellent
breakfast was superb and plentiful.
staff very good and attentive.
very busy hotel and very well run .
rooms clean and a great shower.
will come back actually one of our friends is going to book for a group stay later this year.
thanks

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bigbuzzBangorCoDown
MarketingCdale, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed your 1 night break at the hotel - Thankfully the hotel is vey busy, and I am glad you still received attentive service throughout. I am delighted to read you and your friends are going to stay later on in the year and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The fact that we come regularly to the Carrickdale speaks for itself! We usually dine here about every 6-8 weeks and also stay overnight on occasions. We have been frequenting this hotel now for a few years and couldn't speak highly enough of the staff.
This evening we dined in the newly refurbished restaurant - beautiful decor! We were looked after on this occasion by John and I could not speak highly enough of our experience tonight. John is so mannerly and attentive and could not have done enough to make our evening enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble for him. We really find the Carrickdale home from home and all the staff are so pleasant, courteous and helpful from the reception staff right across the board. I even commented to one of the house-keeping staff how spotlessly clean they kept the toilets.
We have dined in many establishments but truthfully the Carrickdale beats them all - our expectations are more than met every single time!

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room when staying
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am delighted our newly refurbished restaurant has got its first review as it has only been opened a few days - however I agree it has truly transformed the dining experience.

John, the restaurant manager is fantastic at his job and ensures all guests have a positive experience in the Carrick Restaurant - I am delighted you found him mannerly and attentive - I will certainly pass this onto him.

The hotel does try and keep its standards very high and I am delighted to read your comments about the spotlessly clean toilets and courteous reception staff. I will look forward to see you returning to the hotel soon.
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Visited here today with my daughter and have to say it was a wonderful experience. I had a body scrub with Kathleen, this started with all over scrub, then a wrap while I was given a head massage, once showered I had my skin massaged and moisturised I felt wonderful so thank you Kathleen for the fabulous experience. I was given a refreshing sorbet before visiting the beautiful relaxation room with a wonderful array of fresh fruit and juices, I then used the other facilities before retiring across to the hotel for coffee. I would recommend using this spa to anyone if you want a great day out with family or friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments about Serenity Spa which I will pass onto the Spa Manager and her team! The treatments are truly wonderful and relaxing and the thermal suite and outdoor hot tub is absolutely amazing.

I am delighted you also enjoyed the light refreshments and hope you and your daughter come back again soon!
Ireland
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A group of us went for half day spa day - we went mid week, so it was nice and quiet. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We used the pool and bot-tub and a few minutes in the Thermal Suite. We also had a light lunch after our treatments, tea, scones, fruit, it was delicious and a nice way to end the day. The treatments were very good. I would return with no hesitation. Just a few small things, mainly about changing rooms - the showers go cold after a few minutes. One of the girls had to have a freezing shower. Its abit bad for a hotel to have no hot water for showers. There's plastic shower curtains! Also the changing rooms seem to be for both men and women, its very open and no privacy.

Room Tip: Book mid week when its quiet so you get the use of the facilites.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted you enjoyed your spa experience and our café and thermal suite are amazing! In relation to the shower, I apologise if your friends shower was cold - this should not have been the case but I will certainly get this looked at.

Serenity Spa have always excellent packages and offers available so I hope to see you back for another relaxing experience soon!!
County Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Just after another excellent meal at our favorite hotel & restaurant. Caroline served us tonight and as usual was very friendly and helpful. She always makes us feel at home and nothing is ever too much trouble for her. All the staff go the extra mile to make sure we have an enjoyable visit. Couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 1944dday
It is lovely to read so many reviews about our wonderful staff!! Caroline is an excellent asset to the hotel and has been here many years and her customer service skills are second to none! I will pass this lovely review onto our and hope to see you again soon!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel must pride itself on its staff. We have stayed in canel court hotel in newry which is the sister hotel & much more expensive. Do yourself a favour & stay here. A lot cheaper & the staff are brilliant everything was done with a smile & a friendly word. Will not be returning to canel court hotel but will be returning 2 the carrickdale hotel. From start to finish this hotel is outstanding and it's only 5/10 mins drive from newry. My only regret is I might not get a booking here again.

Room Tip: Our room was bril & booked at the last minute
2 Thank The4ofus2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa and am delighted you would like to stay here again. Just to make you aware the Canal Court Hotel have some new fantastic summer offers available so don't be afraid to also try them!!

The hotel has also recently launched its new website so keep an eye out on our offers and we will see you again soon!
Dublin
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights (Sun/Mon)on a 2BB1D deal , a nice quiet break, food in the restaurant was very nice. Ordered scampi in the bar on the second night, awful, they weren't fit for human consumption.

Leisure center is clean and worth a visit, outdoor hot-tub a nice experience, this place seems to be the in spot for weddings so weekends are busy. Newry is just a short drive away for shopping, other than that there is nothing around. Been there done that.

Rooms at rear of hotel have no view, ask for a room at the front of the Hotel, initially given room 418, view of oil stained grey concrete wall, considering the nice gardens they have for photos they should consider some landscaping, was moved to room 413 which had a nice view of mountains.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa and experienced our fantastic leisure centre. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoyed your scampi in the bar - I have checked our records and there was no complaints on any meals with the manager on duty during the time of your stay. It is unfortunate that we were not made aware of this at the time instead of reading it on Trip Advisor as we could resolved this at the time. We always aim to ensure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I will certainly bring your comments about landscaping to management.

Thank you for taking the time to make your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundalk
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Four Seasons Hotel
Four Seasons Hotel
#1 of 2 in Carlingford
Mourne Country Hotel

Been to Carrickdale Hotel? Share your experiences!