“Relaxing stay and ood food”
Review of Carrickdale Hotel

Carrickdale Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dundalk
Londonderry Northern Ireland
“Relaxing stay and ood food”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is the sister hotel of the Canal Court in Newry. Set on its own grounds there is ample parking space, two large car parks available. Reception staff were friendly and professional and we found the room comfortable with all the amenities required for our stay. There is a spa and other facilities although we didn't avail of these, so it would be unfair to comment. The food was of the usual high standard and the following morning breakfast was great, large dining room and very friendly helpful staff. No complaints at all!!

Room Tip: Its a five minute drive to Newry and the shops, so stock up on treats before you get there.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
OrlaHayesMarketing, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I am delighted you found our reception staff friendly and professional and that you experienced our usual high standard of food. Hopefully next time you will be able to experience our spa and other facilities that you didnt get the opporutnity to experience this time around.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had previously stayed in the Carrickdale for a weekend in 2008, it was great, good food, clean and the staff were very helpful. We then got engaged in 2012 and were on the look-out for a hotel to have our reception and we without a doubt made the best choice.
I like to commend Michelle and all the staff at the Carrickdale! We got married on 17th May ...and the service we received was outstanding! We stayed 2 nights and were treated like royalty! I cannot say one bad thing about the service we received. What is even better, my guests said the service and food was great! We were lucky enough to have a lovely day, the sun was shining, when arrived at the hotel, Michelle was there waiting to great us! Would absolutely recommend every bride and groom to check out the Carrickdale! I can't wait to go back and visit them all again! Thanks Michelle :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am delighted that your experience in 2008 made you consider the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa for your wedding venue and delighted you enjoyed your wedding day with us in May. It is wonderful to hear such glowing reports about the staff, service and food - I will make sure this is passed onto Michelle and the team.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for choosing the hotel as your wedding venue and look forward to seeing you again in the hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean and very comfortable Hotel. Staff very friendly and superb food and service. Only downside was other guest's children behaviour in swimming pool, but not a reflection on the Hotel at all. Would not hesitate to stay here as the whole experience was well worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted you received excellent service and quality of food that is always expected throughout the hotel. I am sorry to read your time in the pool was disrupted by noisy children and can only apologise on their behalf! We will look forward to seeing you again soon in the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa.
County Louth, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Definitely the best hotel in co Louth! Excellent food, staff, spa and leisure facility! Top class! The staff are very helpful, I could not fault this hotel! Lots of parking, less than an hour from Dublin airport, directly off motorway! Half way between Dundalk and Newry excellent location for a shopping trip and the spa has great offers to help relax! Hotel has a lovely atmosphere and is locally owned! It's not like a hotel chain where staff have to follow procesures, they want to make ur stay as enjoyable as possible! Nothing seems to b a problem! Could not recommend highly enough!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments and I am delighted that you hear that you truely had a wonderful experience at the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa. One of the main features of the hotel is the fact that it is family owned and this is reflected throughout the hotel through the warm, friendly manner of the staff and the welcoming atmostphere to all guests. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
bangor co down
Reviewed 27 May 2014

stayed for one night but really enjoyed it.
price was excellent
breakfast was superb and plentiful.
staff very good and attentive.
very busy hotel and very well run .
rooms clean and a great shower.
will come back actually one of our friends is going to book for a group stay later this year.
thanks

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bigbuzzBangorCoDown
MarketingCdale, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed your 1 night break at the hotel - Thankfully the hotel is vey busy, and I am glad you still received attentive service throughout. I am delighted to read you and your friends are going to stay later on in the year and will look forward to welcoming you back.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The fact that we come regularly to the Carrickdale speaks for itself! We usually dine here about every 6-8 weeks and also stay overnight on occasions. We have been frequenting this hotel now for a few years and couldn't speak highly enough of the staff.
This evening we dined in the newly refurbished restaurant - beautiful decor! We were looked after on this occasion by John and I could not speak highly enough of our experience tonight. John is so mannerly and attentive and could not have done enough to make our evening enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble for him. We really find the Carrickdale home from home and all the staff are so pleasant, courteous and helpful from the reception staff right across the board. I even commented to one of the house-keeping staff how spotlessly clean they kept the toilets.
We have dined in many establishments but truthfully the Carrickdale beats them all - our expectations are more than met every single time!

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room when staying
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am delighted our newly refurbished restaurant has got its first review as it has only been opened a few days - however I agree it has truly transformed the dining experience.

John, the restaurant manager is fantastic at his job and ensures all guests have a positive experience in the Carrick Restaurant - I am delighted you found him mannerly and attentive - I will certainly pass this onto him.

The hotel does try and keep its standards very high and I am delighted to read your comments about the spotlessly clean toilets and courteous reception staff. I will look forward to see you returning to the hotel soon.
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Visited here today with my daughter and have to say it was a wonderful experience. I had a body scrub with Kathleen, this started with all over scrub, then a wrap while I was given a head massage, once showered I had my skin massaged and moisturised I felt wonderful so thank you Kathleen for the fabulous experience. I was given a refreshing sorbet before visiting the beautiful relaxation room with a wonderful array of fresh fruit and juices, I then used the other facilities before retiring across to the hotel for coffee. I would recommend using this spa to anyone if you want a great day out with family or friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments about Serenity Spa which I will pass onto the Spa Manager and her team! The treatments are truly wonderful and relaxing and the thermal suite and outdoor hot tub is absolutely amazing.

I am delighted you also enjoyed the light refreshments and hope you and your daughter come back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundalk
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Four Seasons Hotel
Four Seasons Hotel
#1 of 2 in Carlingford
Mourne Country Hotel

Been to Carrickdale Hotel? Share your experiences!