“Only to for people who like to be treated like dirt!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Dundalk
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel while attending a wedding in the area, Before booking a room I enquired if there was a residents bar in the hotel and if so would we be able to make use of this when we returned from the wedding that evening I was assured we could. To make a very long story short when we returned that evening we went to go to the residents bar and were told it was closed which is fair enough, but the ignorance and rudeness that we encountered at the front desk was a disgrace, I constantly stay in hotels all week with work as I am always on the road and I have never in my life seen or heard anything like this. I complained afterwards using the facility on the website and got a response from the head office and was then followed by a mail from the general manager of the hotel who was very helpful but could only tell me that it would never happen again and that seemed to be the end of the matter which doesn't really help me or make up for the bad experience which I had. If you want my advice stay in the hotel across the road called the fairways hotel as it is half the price and according to the rest of our party who stayed there the staff in there will go out of there way to ensure you have a great stay as opposed to ruining what could have been a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Book a room in the hotel across the road!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank judgey123456

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I think they must be writing the reviews themselves. Very average hotel. Restaurant had no atmosphere, service was slow, food was forgettable. I won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank SolusIreland
CrownePlazaDundalk, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Dear Guest
I am sorry that you had a disappointing visit and that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we have not posted our own comments on Tripadvisor or on any sites. We appreciate and welcome all feedback
In an effort to improve, I would be grateful if you could forward me any details of your visit. My direct email address is nmurphy@crowneplazadundalk.ie.

Yours sincerley

Niamh Murphy

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Very nice modern hotel, with roof-top restaurant with great views. My only problem with this hotel is the location. You have to have a car, there is nowhere you can walk to. Oriel Park (where Dundalk FC play) is about 20 minutes away and the ground is one of the few League of Ireland grounds that I have been to which is signposted. If going to a game again, I would stay in town and sample some of the pubs. Great location if you are on a Fly Drive package or going to the horse racing

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Situated on an previously industrial site on the southern outskirts of this small town, this highrise building sticks out. There is a feeling of splendid isolation but not the best place for that Robinson Crusoe experience.

It is all very modern, well appointed but lacks any inherent atmosphere. It could be any modern hotel anywhere in the world. Except this is not anywhere in particular.

Most of the staff were anything but Irish which seems strange given the economic woes of the country. All were well presented and efficient. Sometimes too efficient...things can be taken away from under your nose before you are quite finished with them.

Food was good. Room standards were high. Bathroom had both shower cubicle and separate bath. Everything was clean. Bed was comfortable and an effort was made to ensure you had a good night's sleep. However the air-con could not be turned down below 19 degrees C so for those of us that like a colder room to sleep in this was not an option. Windows were not of the opening variety.

Our room was adjacent to the lift, which did mean we could hear the ring-tone that announced the arrival of the left at our floor. Slightly irritating!

Overall this is a very good modern hotel but the location lets it down. Fine for an overnight stay but nothing to make you you want to stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeJL59
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Surprisingly this hotel which we consider to be the best in Town was sparsely occupied on the friday/saturday of our stay. We last stayed here about 3 years ago & found that genuine 4 star standards have been maintained & prices seemed better value. Dinner was a real bargain in the top floor restaurant & special offer menu including a nice bottle of house wine for each couple was best deal around. There were 4 of us & all were delighted with service & quality. Room was really nice, modern & spotless. Will go there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

The rooms are as good as any five star I've stayed in: clean, modern and well furnished. The bathroom has a fantastic shower and a tub. The staff are friendly and efficient. The breakfast has a huge choice of pastries, cooked food, cereal etc. and it all tastes great. The gym is free to use which is a bonus. Free wifi in the lobby and there's a broadband cable for a laptop in the rooms which is also complimentary. The room service food is nothing to write home about but I've certainly had worse elsewhere. The only thing I would say is that it is on the edge of town so if you're looking to be in the centre of things then maybe this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jacka30
Reviewed 16 November 2010

i stayed here for a night to visit family. the rooms were stunning. the food was lovely too. the staff were slow though..and i did not come across 1 irish staff at the hotel. they were all polish which was a bit of a dissapointment. they were miserable and not too helpful. apart from that there was no fault to my stay, and i would stay again. i have left pictures for you to see.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Westcourt Hotel
Westcourt Hotel
#2 of 5 in Drogheda

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk? Share your experiences!