Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
US$98
US$203
US$197
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstop floorrooftop restaurantbusiness hotelcomfortable bedlovely hotelirish seabuffet styleattending a weddingbusiness tripbreakfast is servedhotel bartown centreplenty of parkingbar foodstayed for one nightlovely viewmain course
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Good hotel and very handy location. On the edge of town and near the motorway exit.
Staff pleasant and reasonable service.
Sea view rooms the best.
Spicy chickens wings are must if you want a short lunch or snack at night times.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are very spectacular for the views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaDundalk, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write review on Tripadvisor and for your feedback on your recent stay.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza in the near future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed 11th December on the Dundalk race package. Our room was on the 4th floor.It was roomy and well lit with 2 very comfortable beds and a spotlessly clean and well appointed bathroom. However I noticed afew flies around the window which on looking closer quickly became a dozen. plus a few dead ones on the window sill. They seemed to come and go from the window's ventilation slot. On informing the reception staff they expressed genuine horror and and asked us to return to reception. When we got down there we received an immediate apology and keys to another room 2 floor up which I was assured had been inspected during the time it took us to return to reception. This next room was identical to the first less the flies. I was impressed by the professional and pleasant way this small problem was dealt with. The race package is agood deal with transport to the venue and 10 euro taken of the stadiums meal cost. all in all a great hights fun and a peaceful sleep in a very comfortable bed to follow.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be of the same good standard. choose a hogh level room for the view. also the restaurant on the 13th floor has grat views to the coast and hills
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaDundalk, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I apologise that the standard of cleanliness in the first room was not as it should have been but glad to see that the siuation was handled efficiently by the front office team.

The race package is one of our more popular packages and is a great night out.
I hope that you will have the opportunity for a return visit.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here last weekend & had our Christmas Party as well.
Excellent staff all round from reception to bar to dinner service. I was honestly amazed at the quality of my Christmas Dinner, hot & tasty, all served together with outstanding timing.
Good quality entertainment and great service made it a night to remember, my compliments to the staff !!!!
Breakfast next morning was again top class with the chef serving "eggs the way you love them" and scrumptious pancakes !!!
All in all a lovely hotel, pity it's not more central, but then everything is there for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feeback following yuour recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you and your colleagues enjoyed your Christmas Party and your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to all the team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

My friends and I stayed here while attending a wedding close by in Darver castle. The hotel was perfect for our needs - we are four girls so shared a quad room at a very cheap price, worked out around 40 euro each for two nights! It was a little small while all four of us were trying to get ready but for that price we definitely couldn't complain! We had the continental breakfast on the first morning and it was great, lots of choice and lovely views in the restaurant. Location is good, just off the main Newry to Dublin route and very handy to find. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaDundalk, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor. I hope that you and your friends enjoyed the wedding and your stay with us . I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dundalk soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here in November with friends, lovely clean room which was huge and had 2 double beds in a twin room. Lovely bathroom large shower and bath. Location wise it is a little from the centre of Dundalk but can't fault the hotel at all great service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaDundalk, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that you will return to the Crowne Plaza soon.

Kind regards