“Terrible service-will never go back”
Review of Innisfree House

Innisfree House
Ranked #11 of 15 Dundalk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Generally I am not hard to please. However, in this instance I am truly disappointed with the poor customer service I received. I bought vouchers here for afternoon tea for a present. I spent 75 euros for two vouchers. When I was buying the vouchers the girl told me the prices were going up in two weeks time for afternoon tea. So as it was a present I paid the new higher price. I didnt notice nor was it drawn to my attention that the voucher was only valid for three months (I have never seen a voucher this short) So four months later we wanted to go, noticed the date and rang them thinking there wouldnt be a problem. They point blank refused to honour the voucher. Even though it turned out the prices had not gone up so I had paid MORE than I should have and didnt get to use them at all. 45 euros vanished!
It was not the first time I had been here but the manager was so rude, I most certainly will not return!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank cate5606

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I came from Italy and I was bored of classic Hotel. I was looking for something warm familiar and with class. I found this old house fantastic and the worker were very friendly and professional.
If you want to go there for a little holiday or for buisness this Hotel is perfekt.
Massimo Poli +39 335 7838359.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Massimo P
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Inisfree house is a really lovely place to stay.The rooms are decorated to a very high standard as is the rest if the house and the hospitality is great. Not only is it a great experience to stay here but the accomodation is very reasonably priced. The location is very easy to get to and is only a very short walk to the town centre. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Fusiha
Reviewed 12 June 2011

This B&B could not have been nicer. The staff was extremely helpful - and gave an excellent recommendation for dinner in town (The Windsor), which is within walking distance - and we were fortunate enough to meet the owner and listen to a jazz rehearsal in one of the dining rooms. Breakfast was amazing and we were treated like royalty - silver tea and coffee serving sets. The french toast was to die for. It was truly a wonderful stay - and a bit off the beaten track, which was a nice way to wind down our family vacation to Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Atlanta_GASusan
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Having to attend a family Wedding in the town I opted to stay again at this little cracker of a guest house.
Ignore the person on here who has thrown his/her dummy out of the pram over a missed breakfast-the people here could not do more for you to make you feel welcome.

I have been in the tourist trade to over 40 years and have stayed in a 7 star hotel-some of the best and worst hotels in the world and believe me I can be very critical-
So if you want to stay in a corporate box of a hotel there are plenty even in Dundalk.- but if you want something that is different central-great food-very good staff - look no further.

This B/B is a total delight-very quirky its like being on the set of Downton Abbey- lots of lovely little touches- the waiter wearing white gloves while serving you the little silver coffee pots ! great- you can keep your Jury's Inns (no offence to them they are fine)-if you want something different- this is it

Hers to the next time

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank jfranktd
Reviewed 12 October 2010

what a fantastic place to stay.
the rooms are lovely the food was very good and the staff are great they really know how to look after their guests. Everything about Innisfree House is 5 star hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kate209967
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This place is amazing, old style house, rooms better than any hotel i've ever stayed in. Cosy atmosphere in the house and the place is central to everything

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends