“Delicious Sunday lunch!”

Ranked #41 of 99 Restaurants in Dundalk
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Tradtional Family owned Irish Bar & Restaurant located 10 minutes outside Dundalk. Serving fresh food from locally sourced suppliers. A full a la carte menu available 7 days a week with lunch specials available Mon to Fri 12-3pm. All are welcome.
Dundalk, Ireland
“Delicious Sunday lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Popped in today for Sunday lunch! Have never been in for sunday lunch before. Myself and my boyfriend both went for the roast beef . It was delicious , the gravy was yummy and the mash lovely and creamy. Will definitely be back in !!

liamaidan, Owner at Sextons Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello McFoodie87,

It's taken us a while to respond but thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review on tripadvisor. We really appreciate all comments from our customers and I am delighted that you enjoyed our Sunday lunch. Hopefully we will see you and your boyfriend come back to us again soon,

Regards

Longford, Ireland
“A lovely day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We decided to have our meal at Sextons and I can honestly say we did not regret our decision.My husband and I had a great experience and it was also our first time in this restaurant.The stuff are wonderful!They were very talkative and it made us feel very welcome!
The food was just divine!It was excellent!The portions were incredible and the appearance was just thrillingly beautiful!My husband and I love our food and I must say it is very hard to impress us,but this restaurant did it!It gave us a reason to share our experience with people we know!Brilliant staff and delightful food-definitely a place to have dinner!

• Visited January 2014
liamaidan, Owner at Sextons Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hello Anna Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about your dining experience here with us. It is feedback like yours that reminds myself and the team why we love working in this industry. We try to create a menu that suits all tastes and our team are always happy to talk to anyone that comes through the door. I really appreciate that you are telling your friends and family about us as it is word of mouth that has the most postive impact. We hope to see you again when you come back to Dundalk.

Macroom, Ireland
“A beautiful lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Myself and my wife stopped in Sexton's for lunch on our way to Belfast after it was recommended at a petrol station nearby. It was lashing rain and the stove in the bar was very welcome. I had a 'pork wellington' - a very filling and tasty alternative to the beef classic. The vegetables of carrots and green beans were obviously fresh and cooked properly. My wife had a herb crumbed cod with the same veg and she also loved it. The two meals with coffees was under 25 euro. The barman and waitress were very pleasant also. If I'm making this journey again I'll be sure to stop by.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jack M
Dear Jack M,

I really appreciate you taking the time out to write a review on Trip Advisor about your lunch experience with us. It's really great to hear such positive feedback and I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team here. We pride ourselves on using locally produced fresh products which I think sets us apart from other restaurants. I do hope you come and visit us again on your next trip up to Belfast and try some other tasty lunch specials we have on offer.

Dundalk, Ireland
“"poor food no atmosphere or customer service"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

we visited sexton's on a saturday in december about 7pm as always the place looks great put you can tell when the owner is not around.There was no christmas music,and the waitress well i don't think she wanted to be there or wanted us there.I had steak no taste,childs chicken was sent back.There was just no atmosphere don't think we will be back and it's a shame because the bar and restaurant area are lovely.

• Visited December 2013
Dear Stephen O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your experience with us in December. I am disappointed to read your review and can only apologise for the poor experience that you and your family had while dining with us, this is not our normal standard of service and from what I understand from your review you have dined with us before so I hope that you consider this a once off and will come back to us again. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and would appreciate any feedback given. You can contact me directly at sextonsdundalk@gmail.com and I will get back to you immediately.

I look forward to speaking with you soon

Regards

Liam
“A welcome like no other!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We've just had a celebration where 21 of us booked in for food and drinks and I can honestly say I have never experienced such wonderful food and hospitality! From a warm welcome from the owner to outstanding service provided by all staff inside, this restaurant outshines any other I have visited in a long time. The food was delivered promptly and was faultless (an incredible achievement where 21 people at a table are concerned!) and we wanted for nothing the whole evening. Furthermore it was outstanding value for money! A great restaurant with a family-friendly feel, I simply cannot speak highly enough... they helped to end our celebrations on a high note! This restaurant is a hidden gem in the area, well done!! Michael & Family

• Visited October 2013
liamaidan, Owner at Sextons Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear MichaelM04,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are delighted that you and your party enjoyed your celebrations with us and that it was a great success. We ensure that our service is naturally friendly and that our food offerings cater for every taste while dining in comfortable surroundings. Hopefully we will be seeing you and your family or friends back with us in the near future