“Better than a 5* Hotel”
Review of Lissarda B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clonmel
Lissarda B&B
Ranked #2 of 12 Clonmel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We always choose to stay at this B & B now instead of an hotel, due to the wonderful hospitality of Michael and Eileen.

Nothing is too much trouble, even when arriving late one evening we were still welcomed with great hospitality.

The bedrooms are decorated to a high standard, modern and squeaky clean. There are an assortment of toiletries in the bathroom, so you don't really need to bring any yourselves! The bedding is of an high quality and mattresses very comfortable with electric blankets too!

It's nice to have a cup of tea and look out on the very well kept gardens whilst enjoying a chocolate bar that has been left out! (Kit Kat)

Eileen likes to take your breakfast order the night before, but is ok if you change your mind as she always confirms in the morning what you would like.

The eggs are delicious whichever way they are served, so tasty and the yolks are bright yellow!

Lissarda is easy to find, in walking distance to town, in fact one day we were going to walk into town but Eileen insisted her son would drop us off as he was heading that way.

Always look forward to returning!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ccrystal

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I'm staying here every time I'm visiting Clonmel on business trips. I can't imagine a better place to accommodate myself. There are plenty of facilities available in each room and the extras like cosmetics, tea/coffee, bisquits as well as iron, hairdryer, electric blanket etc. The hosts are exceptionally kind and they know how to create a home-like atmosphere. The area is very nice and quiet not mentioning well maintained garden. ### By staying in such perfect B&B you can really feel an advantage of this nice house over the multi-star hotel ### I can truly recommend Lissarda to singles and families and I'm sure everyone will be delighted.

Room Tip: The garden surrounds the house so no rooms with bad views. You can ask for a room with a bathtub if...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Maciek W
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. While we typically try to stay within walking distance from town, this was a great exception to the rule. The house was lovely, with beautiful gardens making for a really nice backdrop for our stay. While we probably could have walked into town if we really wanted, it was only a few minutes' drive so not at all inconvenient.

Eileen and Michael were wonderful hosts and breakfast was excellent - the black & white pudding was the best we'd had during our 10 days in Ireland and the brown bread was very good - we really didn't want for anything.

Also an excellent value, we totally recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jeax2
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed in this B&B for 3 nights. My room was bright, beautifully decorated and modern. There were plenty of facilities available in the bedroom (e.g. plasma TV, clock radio with alarm, tea / coffee, extra blankets, seating). Ensuite was small but with all high quality facilities and perfect for my needs. The B&B was at the edge of town in a safe and quiet area. there was plenty parking and lovely landscaped garden. The breakfast was piping hot (scrambled egg on toast). The owners were friendly and relaxed. A great place to stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had a two night stay in Lissarda. It is extremely comfortable, very restful and has lots of parking. Excellently presented breakfasts are made to order, full Irish, vegetarian and the most delicious brown bread. Our room had a double and a single bed & the ensuite bathroom had lots of extras like shampoos, conditioners, shower gels and a really powerful shower.

We came to hike and Eileen was extremely kind to us with regard to our preparation for the day. We managed our 7 hour hike across the nearby Comeraghs and on our return Eileen helped with airing the muddy boots for the night and with suggestions to where we could dine out. It’s only a short walk to local Clonmel restaurants so we did not need to bring the car.

Room Tip: We were in Room 1 and it was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank greenie75
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My aunt and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Lissarda B&B while doing some genealogy research in the nearby town of Kilsheelan. From the moment I first contacted Eileen she was most accomodating and helpful. Our late arrival due to car trouble did not faze her at all. She provided very detailed directions which made our finding Lissarda easy once we finally made it to the Clonmel area. The home and the en-suite room were just lovely. The back garden is filled with Michael's prized roses; they are lovely to look at and the aroma from them was wonderful. The home and room were clean, attractively decorated and comfortably furnished. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom with walk-in shower instead of tub, and the fact our large bedroom was on the first floor (as all their rooms are) made it nice for my aunt who was tired at the end of the long days sightseeing. The breakfasts were ample, made to order, delicious and made with fresh local ingredients. The sitting area and dining room were large, comfortable and welcoming, featuring a TV and electric fireplace to help relax at the end of the day. Eileen went above and beyond in connecting me with the local parish priest who graciously allowed me to review church records in my genealogy search. Eileen also gave us suggestions and directions to local places to check out. At the end of our stay we didn't want to leave we were so comfortable. I give this B&B my highest rating and could find nothing that would need improving. Thank you Eileen and Michael for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ground floor, large, nicely decorated but some have different bed configuration...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Paula L
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Michael and Eileen, such lovely people, made you feel extremley welcome in their superb home, rooms were spacious, clean and of a personal touch. The breakfast set you up for the whole day with plenty of choice. I would recommend to anyone to stay at their lovely home.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family