Hotel Minella
US$56
US$136
US$93
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsleisure centreoverlooking the riverfruit cakeon arrivaloutdoor hot tubdessert trolleyjohn and elizabethinterconnecting roomsbeeftea or coffeebeautiful hotelsunday lunchfront of houserooms are largelovely groundscooked to perfectionbar food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at Hotel Minella on Sunday 19th August.The accomodation was excellent ,well above average, with a lovely balcony and large sitting room and bedroom..I have never written a review before ,bur the welcome care and attention were so good I just wanted to say Thanks .Everyone was extremely helpful and I was only sorry we weren't able to stay longer!
Definitely excellent value!!
M O Donnell

Room Tip: Room overlooking the river with a balcony
1  Thank kathm90
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Recently my wife and I had a 3 night midweek break at Minella. I was as usual sceptical about reviews I had seen and had never heard about this Hotel before.However this Hotel is without doubt the best we have seen in terms of accommodation, food, staff friendliness, leisure facilities and basically most other aspects. We were looking for a quiet restful break and we got it in spades. Make no mistake we will be back in the future. I, myself, have responsibility as an accountant for 2 family-run hotels in N.Ireland so I would have some understanding of what it takes to provide such facilities.
Congratulations are in order to the staff and management for their wonderful service and facilities.
Arthur Caraher
Armagh, N.Ireland

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Just had another great week at Hotel Minella. We were back in our beloved apartment, The standard never drops, cleanliness is spot on. To be able to have the freedom of the apartment, use of leisure centre and wander through the grounds to the hotel, where great bar food and a great pint of Guinness awaits. Thank you

Room Tip: Apartments are the extra freedom whilst on holiday, best of both worlds.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KathrynChrisB
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have to say this is one of the best hotels in the Clonmel area. Having worked in the area years ago, we ventured back to Ireland and Clonmel just a few years back and stayed at the Hotel Minella for a week or so. It was a very quiet and serene location with a very good restaurant and within walking distance of the cute little town of Clonmel. When arriving you are greeted by Bob, the old English Sheep Dog, I hope he is still there, and he can be found all over the lobby as well as the seating areas, Bob is always available for petting. The room was very large, and overlooked the river and river walk. A great place to stay and explore the Clonmel areas during the day. A great central location to see many of the sightseeing tons within county Tipp.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHERLOCKSanDiego_ca
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and I were in Hotel Minella for a wedding. On checking in we were offered complimentary tea or coffee and there was complimentary bottled water and fruit basket in the hallway. We were actually taken to our bedroom by Maura , the receptionist and she offered to carry our bags to our room jus around the corner. Of all the hotels we have visited this is the first time we got personal attention like this. All other guests booking in got the same attention. The room was fresh, bright and airy and excellently clean. Our room was looking out at the mountains where other rooms had a view of the river suir. Breakfast was self service, but maybe a little hard to find a suitable table that was cleared after the last customer. However we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we would go back in the morning.