Hotel Minella
US$93
US$60
US$164
US$88
All reviewsleisure centreoverlooking the riverfruit cakeon arrivaloutdoor hot tubdessert trolleyjohn and elizabethinterconnecting roomsbeeftea or coffeebeautiful hotelsunday lunchfront of houserooms are largelovely groundscooked to perfectionbar food
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My retired party of 41 recycled teenagers made a visit to Clonmel Co.Tipperery and stayed at the Hotel Minella. What a Brilliant Week we had. Relaxing and Cared for by the Staff and Management, A first class welcome and service, Clean well appointed rooms , gardends and lawns manicured to perfection and nice Spa facility.
A menue to delight and meals to savour, A true warm Irish welocome from our Celtic Cousins.
Full marks to the Nallon Family who run the Hotel Minella, We are preparing for the next trip,
We certainly will return,
The friendly people of Clonmel and our fellow retired PROBUS group made for a memorable week, The coach driver on his first Ireland Tour conentedhe had travelled extensivelyin Europe and the UK,and the Minella was with the best he had visited. Complement assured
I certainly recomend,
Club Secretery.

Room Tip: The Rooms facing the river have the best vista to savour
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel for a short break. and found it to be fantastic. a perfect hotel and spa for a holiday, from the welcome from the owners to the fabulous food and the extremely helpfull and pleasant staff. Our complete party thoroughly enjoyed the trip and have all said they will return.
Traveller

2  Thank martyn w
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Myself and my husband were guests at the minella for a friends wedding. Everything about the hotel makes it a perfect venue for a wedding party. There is plenty of space to mingle. The grounds leading down to the river suir are perfect and well maintained and a fabulous backdrop for wedding photos. The room decorations and lighting is very classy with beautiful flower arrangements and table centre pieces. John and Liz (the owners) run a very efficient hotel and the dinner service ran like clockwork. The waitresses and waiters do a brilliant job. The food is first class, particularly the beef deserves a mention as it is so tender. Desserts are to die for especially the baileys and toblerone cheesecake. We had a brilliant time at the hotel and would highly recommend to any couple who are looking for a wedding venue. You will be looked after 100 percent in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathytrehy
Reviewed 19 September 2012

As I was driving into the grounds of the Minella I thought "wow such a beautiful setting" The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Clonmel Tipperary overlooking the river to the rear and farmland to the front. The receptionist was friendly and check in was quick I was directed to my room which was quite clean and tidy and overlooking the car park and farmland.

I decided to have an afternoon nap and put the "do not disturb sign" on the outside of my door, however I was awakened by room service wanting to know if I needed room service. This happened a few times over the two weeks.

To me breakfast is a very important part of hotel living and unfortunately the Minella didn't meet my expecations. I have stayed in numerous hotels with lower grading rating but were better in my opinion.

The rooms were clean and tidy with toiletories and towels.

This hotel should be charging approx 35% less for the service and quality experienced.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sean1954
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This hotel knows a thing or two about how to look after guests. My wife and I stayed for one night last week during a vintage car rally. The hotel is family run and it shows. They care about customers and we found that nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was excellent and reasonable value. The whole place was clean. Beds very comfortable. The swimming pool is large and well cared for. The gardens which slope to the river are werll tended and also attractive. It was a shame to leave.
My only down side was the room could have done with some redecoration.