Hotel Minella
Befani's Guesthouse(Clonmel)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Breakfast included
McCarthy's Bed & Breakfast(Clonmel)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Hearn's Hotel(Clonmel)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure centreoverlooking the riverfruit cakeon arrivaloutdoor hot tubdessert trolleyjohn and elizabethinterconnecting roomsbeeftea or coffeebeautiful hotelsunday lunchfront of houserooms are largelovely groundscooked to perfectionbar food
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We are just back from my sisters wedding in Hotel Minella and I have been raving to all about how fantastic the entire event was. It was more than just the venue and food - it was the welcome, the service and most of all the excellent and friendly team. From arrival to departure it was superb. Our room was lovely with an extremely comfortable bed. Never made it the leisure centre but we had 14 children in the wedding party and they made use of the facilities. Would definitely recommend for families as the hotel is owned and managed by the Nallen family know how to make it feel like a home from home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Orla_11
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We began our 2-week stay in Ireland in the lovely town of Clonmel, at the southern end of County Tipperary. Our home base while there was the Hotel Minella, located just outside town on the River Suir. The grounds are beautiful, with well-manicured gardens and paths along the river. The hotel is elegant, but not pretentious. They have first-class facilities including a restaurant, bar, and fitness center which has indoor pool and hot tubs outside overlooking the river. We stayed in one of the apartments which is separate from the main hotel, because my wife and I were traveling with our two adult daughters. The apartment had an upstairs kitchen and living room, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms downstairs. The beds are amazingly comfortable, better than any hotel we have stayed in! We met the owners, lovely people who made sure our stay was enjoyable. I can't say enough about their kindness. We whole-heartedly recommend the Hotel Minella to all who are looking for a low-key, yet very classy hotel. Close to Rock of Cashel. Clonmel itself is positioned in a beautiful valley, with a short drive to great mountain hikes. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: The apartments are excellent for families.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bellx05
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had agreed to meet a college friend for lunch in the Hotel Minella on her recommendation.

The drive way into the hotel is very nice and the building very impressive.

We decided to have a light lunch as we would be travelling onwards in the afternoon. I ordered the baked ham sandwiches which came with crisps. My parents had scones which came with cream and jam. We also ordered tea for three.

My parents scones were hard on the exterior and soft on the inside. My sandwich was two fingers of bread with ham and a chip basket with crisps in it. Pity I did not have my mobile phone with me to photograph same.

my friend joined us and she too ordered the baked ham sandwich with no crisps. When her order arrived she commented about the size of her two fingered sandwich to be told the crusts had been removed. She also had a coffee

The cost was £25 would we return for lunch certainly not for sandwiches.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank amag4523
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel for a friends wedding and not only is the hotel setting amazing but we found the staff so friendly and helpful, if you are considering a trip to Tipperary this hotel and clonmel are well worth a visit. We travelled with our young daughter and hotel is extremely child friendly.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank mkt181822
Reviewed 25 April 2014

enjoyed a weekend in hotel minella. excellent hotel, don't know why it's not 5 star. arrived on Friday afternoon. were shown to our room by kind staff, very nice, spacious room. bathroom was nice, mist free mirrors. staff really helpful, told us the best way to get around clonmel. slept well that night, comfortable beds. the breakfast the next morning was so delicious! they had everything, juice made in the hotel, freshly baked pastries, breads and fruit. lovely menu, didn't have to eat until afternoon, we were so full! really comfortable hotel, helpful staff, and good food!

Room Tip: river-facing is great
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends