“Tierneys Clonmel”

Sean Tierney's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Clonmel
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sean Tierney's award-winning Bar and Restaurant in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, Ireland. Four-times winner of the best Munster pub, and voted fourteen times winner of Tipperary Pub of the Year. We have a wide selection of Irish and international beers, cocktails, wines and spirits, including a number of local Irish craft beers.Tierney's Bar and Restaurant is located at 13 O'Connell Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. Food is served from 12.30 p.m. 'till late, with lunches, evening meals, food-to-go and party menus available. Also, a special lunch menu is available on Sundays.Tierney's is a family owned and operated bar, located in the center of Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. Since 1991 Seán Tierney has been running his bar and restaurant, providing quality food and drink to the people of South Tipperary and North Waterford. Clonmel itself is home to vibrant cultural life, including the annual Clonmel Junction Festival, as well as hosting the premier traditional Irish music festival, the Fleadh Ceoil na hÉireann, five times in the past two decades.Tierney's bar sits on the site of the previous Phelan's pub, and like its predecessor, Tierney's is the haunt of many sportsmen from all over Tipperary. As well as providing a large selection of quality Irish craft beers and locally-produced cuisine, the bar offers a venue for many watching many sporting events from home and abroad, including rugby, football, horse-racing and Gaelic games
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Cosy pub with great food cooked fresh. Typical bar food served but well presented. Lovely atmosphere for food or for quiet drinks. Heated beer garden adds to the appeal.

1  Thank NiWa2

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I arrived at "Tierney's" for some food, after reading the good reviews here.. I got to the pub, by myself at 8.35pm after finishing a meeting with work, the gentleman in the pub said they finished taking orders 5mins ago and could not take my order, I asked if I could even get a roll etc... He only had the option of drinks or crisps... I had one 7up and then left hungry and disappointed with Tierney's.

1  Thank B P
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Food was average. Only microwaved veg and meat. It was tasty but portions could be a bit bigger, and prices a bit lower. 4 chunky chips was embarrassing! I often eat here and it can be a bit hit and miss. But I never got terrible food yet I just wish they would give their food and service a little make over. This was the place to eat about 20 years ago. It was like a top class restaurant and bar. Same owner. Will still return. Good if you're expectations aren't too high.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Visited Tierneys today with my sister and we were disappointed with the experience. A horrible smell of bleach as soon as we entered. When we walked in we were told where to sit by the owner as he gestured over the bar at as, didn't even come out to greet us. Our order was taken by the same man who just leaned over the bar to take it, never approached the table. I order a Club Orange and a water, water never came. My toasted sandwich was to come with a portion of chips. I counted seven chips. Disgraceful. My sister ordered soup and it was not properly blended. Whilst eating we heard the owner loudly giving out to staff in the quiet restaurant everyone could hear it. When I went to pay there was a woman at the bar who was telling the manager she had to leave as she had waited too long for her food. He told her her sandwich was at the other end of bar and I felt he was aggressive in persuading her to stay. In my opinion the two female servers were polite and friendly, but the man is EXTREMELY rude and abrupt, both to staff and customers. He never smiled or made eye contact once. Never again.

5  Thank Aoife1992
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is in the centre of the main street in Clonmel so is very convenient for eating or having a coffee while shopping. The food is good with generous portions. The staff are friendly, efficient and helpful. There are 2 rooms upstairs also for dining or private functions. They do a 'special' Sunday Lunch menu and serve food until late so for a nice informal evening meal this is a lovely cosy place to go.

1  Thank clonmeltwo