“A lovely NYE treat! very impressed!”
Review of Stonehouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Stonehouse Restaurant
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This restaurant is such a great addition to Clonmel. The food was exceptional and the staff were just lovely. I had the smoked haddock risotto for starter and it is definitely one of the best dishes I've had in a restaurant in a very very long time. I would have happily eaten two of them. The pork I had for main was very tasty and cooked to perfection. The wine list had a great selection and we were very happy with our bottle of Italian white.

Before visiting the Stonehouse, I had heard some negative comments regarding portion size and service - none of which proved to be at all true for us. It being New Year's Eve, the restaurant was packed but the service still remained excellent and the staff very accommodating to everyone. I noticed a great mix of people - couples, groups, families and the atmosphere seemed to work well for everyone.

I will definitely be going back another time I am at home in Clonmel.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was somewhat skeptical about this restaurant, having been before and had come away unimpressed. However our latest visit was a very satisfactory experience from start to finish. Perhaps it is new management, I don't know. But everything had improved from previous visits.
Service, portion size were perfect and made for a great birthday meal. High Recommended.

Anthony S, Owner at Stonehouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Hi Bmar68,
Many thanks for your very gracious review of your meal here in the Stonehouse Restaurant. I'm disappointed that you were disappointed on previous visits! We have changed our offering slightly in September last and we are extremely happy with the response from our customers. There has not been an ownership/management change but a change in how we do things, again based on feedback from our customers. I'm delighted that based on your review it is working!
I look forward to your return....

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Had a great lunch here with my wife last week. Fantastic fish risotto (soupy so consistency not right) full of flavour and an unconventional if tasty take on stroganoff. It looked more like Bourginonne. Either way food was very good. I'd definitely stop by again when traversing the south. Two ate one main dish each, a coffee and two glasses of wine for €40. Well worth it.

Robespierre1798,
Many thanks for your review of your recent lunch here in Stonehouse Restaurant. I'm delighted you enjoyed your lunch and i have discussed the consistency of the Risotto with the Chef!
Many thanks,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Ate at this restaurant with my husband and daughter and we enjoyed every bite,My 12yr old cleared her plate which says a lot as she is very hard to please with food,Great taste,restaurant not to full , Mabey it was being the last sunday before xmas or dining after 2 o clock not sure but will be back soon

Hi Valeofhoney,
Many thanks for your kind comments. We are very conscious of providing the 'younger generation' with nutritious, healthy food and it's nice to know it is appreciated! Look forward to your return visit...

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved our evening at The Stonehouse. As always everything was faultless.

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous and provided excellent service.

The menu was varied and offered choices for all, even catering for those requiring a coeliac option.

The flavours from the food were fantastic and the menu whilst intriguing in its pairing of ingredients really worked.
I absolutely loved the salad starter. It was faultless. My main was chicken and I am an extremely fussy chicken eater, but I am glad to report the chicken was tender and cooked perfectly and again complimented by the most delicious sauce/gravy.

As for desert, I opted for the Tiramisu. What a treat. So many different elements which individually were scrumptious, but when mixed together made me want to literally lick my plate clean.

As always the music and surroundings were perfect. Attention to detail here is to be commended.

We will definitely return. It's fast become our destination of choice for gatherings.

I would highly recommend The Stonehouse to anyone. I know regardless of palate it will certainly satisfy all.

Hi Helenam8,
Thank you for such a comprehensive review of your recent meal at the Stonehouse Restaurant. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and am gracious for your very kind comments.
Till the next time.....