“Fine Dining”

Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had lunch today, Sunday April 27th at The Stonehouse. We had not booked but managed to get a table for two.
Every course was beautifully presented and a culinary and gastronomic delight.
I had the Goat Cheese Pannal otters and my dining partner had Gnocchi. Both dishes looked so well presented. The flavours in my dishes worked well together, right down to the salad garnish.
The mains also were excellent. I had a delightful rice risotto and my partner had the cod option. Yet stain, the presentation was precise and a tribute to the chef.
The desserts were out of this world. I highly recommend the cheesecake and ginger ice cream. The wording on the menu does not do justice to what is on the plate. I felt like a child in a sweet shop.
The two staff members on the floor were friendly helpful and efficient.
The other great point is that there is not clattering of cutlery or plates as often is the case in a restaurant. I loved the calmness of the establishment. Also;, I tried really hard to find a smear on an thing on the table. Everything gleamed and was spotless.
The one and only minus would be that there is only one option available on the mains menu for a vegetarian.
However, I will be back.
Do yourself a favour and dine here soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights in Clonmel another restaurant had been suggested to me however having checked reviews decided not to go there

I saw the Stonehouse was highly recommended so I went there
We dined on early bird menu two courses a small supplement for the steak the a la carte menu was also available

We had mains and dessert cod and two steaks cooked to order and we got a portion of chips potatoes broccoli carrots and swede all included

A nice choice of deserts and we chose a different one each and sampled each others.

With one glass of wine a 7up and 3 coffees with petit fours Fabulous meal for €94 for three people could not fault.Excellent service and atomsphere

For anyone looking to go it is around the corner from the train station

3  Thank amag4523
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Must have a super cook/chef. Delicious well presented food. Plenty on the plate & as much homemade breads/veg as we desired. (Don't you hate those places that skimp on the basics) No skimping here. Not cheap but worth the treat. It's a real gem & should be supported by the locals. We will be back. Thank you for a great evening.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a very nice place , very helpful staff and very nice surroundings went for the early bird . I think the menu could do with a bit of a change. I would have liked to see one or two more fish based dishs added to it . Overall good value for money if you want to dine at the higher end. Only real downside was the wine was very exoensive.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This Restaurant is all about Quality with a capital Q.
Pricey by general standards , but well worth it.
Our waiter Fergal deserves a mention , very informative and his wine recommendation gets 10 out of 10.