“Birthday party.”

Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Have just had a fantastic weekend in the Hotel celebrating my 40th birthday, Eve was a great help to my Mum who was the planner of everything, She couldnt do enough to help. I had loads of family and friends travel from Scotland to attend and they were very impressed both with their rooms and the hotel itself in general. The staff were all friendly and helpful and would do anything for you.Would highly recommend the hotel for any type of event or function as they will look after your every need .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank JackieBrown2013
There are newer reviews for Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed as part of a large group with five families including 11adults and 17 children.The rooms were nicely furnished,bright and clean.
The family suites were spacious and ideal for the bigger families.
The kids really enjoyed the pool(its a pity its so dark in there).
The breakfast was lovely and had loads of choices for irish/continental.
The night time dinner was fabulous,such good value,and the kids meals were like adult portions.
Staff were friendly and relaxed and we would def go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Took advantage if their Halloween family break and it was very good value for money. Rooms were in good condition and lovely views. Dinner was nice except for my steak and when I complained it was dealt with very well. Also a small problem with the bill was sorted out by very helpful staff.
Children used the kids club and enjoyed it. Pool was very cold which limited the time the kids could spend in it.
Great location and really handy to have large supermarket and shops nearby.
Best thing was the staff, who we found very helpful and made my sons birthday dinner special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We recently held a conference for over 300 people and booked up all the accommodation.
I have to say, the managers we brilliant. Accommodating in every way. Nothing was too big of an issue. Rooms were spotless and modern in design. A feel of luxury.
We couldn't find fault in the food, hosting or service. Everyone was so polite, accommodating and friendly.
We will definitely return. Well done too all staff and management of the Clonmel Park Hotel.

Fiona from Waterford.

Room Tip: Back of the Hotel as there is less motor noises.
2  Thank Fiona F
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here for one night on a Bed, breakfast and dinner deal. The room was OK but on entering the bathroom I could detect sewer gas which is quite common in hotels if the room has not been used as the water dry's out in the bath or basin bottle traps. I turned on a basin and bath tap to make sure they had water in them and went for dinner in the bar as the restraint was closed on a Monday. I would have expected a 4 star hotel to have a restaurant open every night of the week.
I order a chicken strips starter which was extremely spicy and hard to eat. I was looking forward to my 10 Ounce sirloin steak but was found it to be very disappointing as it was not matured meat( or could have been frozen meat) and full of bands of fat.
When I got back to the room and entered the bathroom the smell of sewer gas was overpowering, as the bathroom extract system had been turned off for the night. I made sure I kept the door shut over night.
The only plus point was that the staff were friendly and service in the bar was good even if the food wasn't.
On checkout I gave the receptionist my comments and I had the €5 supplement I had paid for the steak knocked off the bill, but said she was not authorised to knock any more off the bill.

1  Thank RichardHeuston
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here on business. The hotel is in a good location and easy to find.

The rooms are too too hot. Like a sauna. All of the other members in our group said the same...I mentioned this at checkout and got a grumpy reply of " did you ask for a fan" .
Other than this ..the rooms are spacious and clean. I do think that hotels should locate single females on a higher floor, not ground level...just my opinion.
The staff in general appeared to be all in a bad mood. It was late when I checked in but I had phoned ahead to ask for food....tried ordering a sandwich in the bar and was told no. Spoke to reception who then dealt with it.

Breakfast was good.
Not sure I would stay again.

1  Thank glitterdiva
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Spent 2 nights here Friay & Sat night, had the carvery lunch on Friday in the bar very good , the bistro at night has food cooked to order as you wait , again excellent service , very curtious staff. Poll & leisure center are also there nice place for a weekend break . Good breakfast in the morning .
Bedroom was near the lift & you could hear the motors vibrating every time it worked . Top floor bedroom

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lift
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Hotel Minella
#6 of 6 in Clonmel
Cahir House Hotel
Cahir House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cahir

Been to Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa? Share your experiences!