“Fantastic Hotelt great staff”

Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic Hotelt great staff”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I recently attended a conference run by the Irish Red CrossYouth Services. This was the weekend after the terribletorms & flooding. From the moment I entered the hotel I was met with a beaming smile from the recepionist who went out of her way to assist.
I can only write in glowing terms about my stay there. Even though the hotel was so busy every member of staff went all out to make you feel like you were the most important visitor there.The food was excellent as was the service. With all honesty I could not find fault with the service or the staff of the hotel my only regret was I had not packed a swim-suit in order to avail of the spa. I would have loved to have had the time to avail of the treatments in the Spa; however our time table was full and they would never get me out. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Even though there was a wedding and a disco on while there I did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sookie07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Durrow, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Almost fainted from heat ( a cold evening outside) when I arrived in room. I turned off radiator and opened the window and after about half hour the radiator cooled. However the room remained uncomfortably hot all night despite window remaining open, with heat appearing to radiate from walls (presumably uninsulated hot pipes). There is the usual eco talk in the bathroom of saving the planet by reusing towels but what about the waste of energy throughout the building.

A great pity as otherwise it is a very pleasant hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank davidr r
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Myself and my husband stayed for the Christy Moore concert Saturday night. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome by the friendly staff. Food was beautiful in the restaurant, our waitress Chanice (not sure if spelt correct) was very pleasant and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was equally as good. All staff were very welcoming for such an early hour of the day. We didn't catch all of their names but Niamh and Aoife also deserve great praise for excellent service. Only complaint would be we had a bit of a wait for tea and coffee, and poached eggs. Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Hi,

Stayed in this Hotel for the first time last night, (of course to see Christy Moore and Declan Sinnott in action) Excellent concert well worth the trip from Dublin!! Security were excellent and friendly

The Stay in this Hotel was second to none, the staff were so friendly and helpful in every way. The staff in the leisure center were equally as friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them.

The food was excellent and the waitress who looked after us was certainly deserving of high praise ( no name badge however so we haven't got a name).Homemade chips were so so tasty.

The room was clean and accommodation staff who we requested more towels from were so nice and again nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was good apart from the music (the radio was not tuned in properly and there was a constant buzz in the background).

We will definitely be back and recommend this Hotel for Food,staff and above all the organisation of concert event which was second to one.

Thanks you to all the staff in the Clonmel Park Hotel

1 Thank foxy loxy p
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights with two young children. This is a meticulously clean hotel with excellent staff. If you were staying in Clonmel, I would recommend it.
The hotel is about a 2 minute drive from St Patrick's Well, which I urge you to visit if you are in Clonmel, such a peaceful spot.
The only complaint I would have is that I found it to be just a little too warm at times in the hotel. My wife and children had no such complaint, so maybe I'm just too warm blooded.
The breakfast was tasty, and the bar was top knotch, it is hard to imagine there is a better hotel in Clonmel.

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

we stayed for one night in this hotel and our experience was absolutely top service. The receptionist last thursday(13th feb) was exceptional and she couldnt do enough for my family. We stayed with a newborn baby and two boys and nothing was too much to ask for. We had to ask to sterilise bottles for the baby on a few occasions and they couldnt have done more for us. The rooms are large and bright, clean and comfortable. The pool was superb, breakfast was excellent and plentiful and very relaxed.We would definately recommend staying in the hotel and we will most certainly be back..:)

Room Tip: We had a large bright room overlooking the leisure centre and was very quiet.
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed for one night in Feb on Time Out deal.The staff here are excellent and very attentive. My partner had spa treatment which she thought was great. I had a couple of drinks in bar which was nice and comfortable. Free Wi-fi is available throughout the hotel. We had a meal which was included in our package and I have to say it was probably the best i've ever had on a hotel deal. The rooms were a little bit dated, carpets and furniture a bit rough. We stayed in room 133 and could hear the band playing in bar while trying to sleep which was a bit annoying.Got up for breakfast at 8am and must say it was lovely and fresh. I would have no problem recommending this hotel just get a room away from the bar.

Tip for hotel : Get some plants, shrubs etc to put on flat roof outside first floor windows, take the bad look off it.

Room Tip: stay away from bar end.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Hotel Minella
#6 of 6 in Clonmel
Cahir House Hotel
Cahir House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cahir

Been to Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa? Share your experiences!