“Lovely hotel but hot bedroom and cranky bouncer!”

Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Clonmel Park Hotel for the June Bank Holiday weekend with our 2 daughters age 10 and 6 in a family room. There is a large car park and open reception/lobby. The area was preparing for the arrival of a wedding so the atmosphere was buzzing. We arrived early but were able to check in without any hassle, the reception staff are very friendly. On first impressions the room (217) was lovely, clean, well laid out with a huge window. The bathroom was nice and clean and soap and shampoo were available. There are tea and coffee making facilities, and a hairdryer in the room. TV and telephone and wifi in the rooms which is great (and all through the hotel). Large wardrobe and full length mirror. However, the room was stifling hot, we could not open the window at night time as there was a noise from the road and we were worried that our daughter would be sleeping in a draught. My wife could not sleep because of the heat. The curtains were grand and thick and kept out the light of early morning.

The kids club is fantastic, both our girls went and really enjoyed their time there decorating cupcakes, fridge magnets and other arts and crafts and movie nights. The kids club staff are brilliant.

The pool/gym are a fine size and there's a jacuzzi/steam room/sauna, lockers are €2 and the showers/changing rooms are spacious and clean.

The bar serves food along with the restaurant. We got the meal included in our booking but were able to avail of bar food rather than the restaurant food which was great. The food is fabulous with a great choice and very reasonably priced even if you do not have an inclusive package. The issue we had with the bar was the dictatorial bouncer who told us children had to be out of the bar by 9pm. His attitude was just unbelievable, there was no talking to him. He made no alternative suggestions like the lobby for example. Our children were sitting quietly in the corner playing on their DS's not making a noise when he rudely interrupted our evening to announce that they had to leave. Both children upset, we arranged for them to watch a movie in our room, we were lucky that our daughters are that bit older and were able to stay in the room alone but if they were any younger we would have been sorely disappointed that one or both of us would have had to end our night early to sit with them. While away we enjoy listening to some live music, if we are to stay in our room watching TV we may as well stay at home. We totally understand if children are running around making noise and getting in people's way, but our children were very quiet in a corner minding their own business and felt they were being told off by the rude bouncer. There were no signs up around the bar saying that children had to leave by 9pm and in fact we had read reviews online that indicated children were allowed in the bar for the Easter weekend. This really put a dampener on our weekend.

Breakfast was lovely and plentiful, with hot and cold food available. Large jugs of coffee which pleased my caffeine addiction.

Location is good, not far off the motorway and there is a retail park next door with a World of Wonder, SuperValu, Sam McCauley’s Chemist, Woodies and KFC. Clonmel town is approximately 30 minutes walk.

We visited Parson's Green Pet Farm and the Rock of Cashel over the weekend which were fantastic, the kids really enjoyed the Pet Farm.

Room Tip: Room 217 facing to the front of the hotel overlooking the carpark was soo hot!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cluelessjewel

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The room was nice, if a little small.
It was however horrendously warm in the room. I couldn't bear the heat and opening the window didn't help much as there was a generator below.
The staff seemed very nice and helpful.
Overall I would say the hotel was ok for a stop gap but I wouldn't stay again unless they installed air conditioning.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my future in-laws went to the spa today for treatments. I got a deep tissue massage and my nails done by Simone and I cannot recommend her enough she was absolutely excellent I had knots in my back that she just eased out, so professional. The surroundings were lovely and calm great girls day out. Thanks so much, job well done.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing 3 night stay in this wonderful hotel. It was started from the minute we walked through the front door. The staff were so friendly and helpful.

The food was beautiful..beautifully presented and full of flavour. We tried to get a taste of a few dishes during our stay :)

Our room was like none id ever stayed in before (we even got a complimentary upgrade!). It was spacious, beautifully decorated and spotless.

We used the pool and gym facilities on 2 mornings. This was such a relaxing treat after a hard week of work :)

I would definitely return, didnt really want to leave :) I cannot fault this hotel on anything...it was just PERFECT!! I cannot wait to arrange our next trip!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was with a party of approx. 50 and everyone really enjoyed the experience = not one complaint
did I hear.The food,service and rooms were all 1st class. The lovely friendly relaxed atmosphere
added so much to a very enjoyable weekend for which I say a very big Thank You.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Recently had my daughter's christening. Food and service was excellent. Had 7 children there and all loved the kids menu. Staff were very helpful. Would highly recommend the hotel for celebrating a family event. Would ave no hesitation in returning.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Snail14
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently had my daughter's Communion dinner at the Park Hotel. I was extremely happy with the service before, during and after the Communion. Eve was fantastic and extremely accommodating when I needed to change reservation. The food was delicious , the service was extremely friendly. Everybody really enjoyed the day. My daughter's words that night were "best day ever" :) I would highly recommend this hotel for anybody looking to book anything for their children

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Sinead C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Hotel Minella
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Baileys Hotel Cashel
Baileys Hotel Cashel
#1 of 2 in Cashel

Been to Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa? Share your experiences!