We stayed at the Clonmel Park Hotel for the June Bank Holiday weekend with our 2 daughters age 10 and 6 in a family room. There is a large car park and open reception/lobby. The area was preparing for the arrival of a wedding so the atmosphere was buzzing. We arrived early but were able to check in without any hassle, the reception staff are very friendly. On first impressions the room (217) was lovely, clean, well laid out with a huge window. The bathroom was nice and clean and soap and shampoo were available. There are tea and coffee making facilities, and a hairdryer in the room. TV and telephone and wifi in the rooms which is great (and all through the hotel). Large wardrobe and full length mirror. However, the room was stifling hot, we could not open the window at night time as there was a noise from the road and we were worried that our daughter would be sleeping in a draught. My wife could not sleep because of the heat. The curtains were grand and thick and kept out the light of early morning.
The kids club is fantastic, both our girls went and really enjoyed their time there decorating cupcakes, fridge magnets and other arts and crafts and movie nights. The kids club staff are brilliant.
The pool/gym are a fine size and there's a jacuzzi/steam room/sauna, lockers are €2 and the showers/changing rooms are spacious and clean.
The bar serves food along with the restaurant. We got the meal included in our booking but were able to avail of bar food rather than the restaurant food which was great. The food is fabulous with a great choice and very reasonably priced even if you do not have an inclusive package. The issue we had with the bar was the dictatorial bouncer who told us children had to be out of the bar by 9pm. His attitude was just unbelievable, there was no talking to him. He made no alternative suggestions like the lobby for example. Our children were sitting quietly in the corner playing on their DS's not making a noise when he rudely interrupted our evening to announce that they had to leave. Both children upset, we arranged for them to watch a movie in our room, we were lucky that our daughters are that bit older and were able to stay in the room alone but if they were any younger we would have been sorely disappointed that one or both of us would have had to end our night early to sit with them. While away we enjoy listening to some live music, if we are to stay in our room watching TV we may as well stay at home. We totally understand if children are running around making noise and getting in people's way, but our children were very quiet in a corner minding their own business and felt they were being told off by the rude bouncer. There were no signs up around the bar saying that children had to leave by 9pm and in fact we had read reviews online that indicated children were allowed in the bar for the Easter weekend. This really put a dampener on our weekend.
Breakfast was lovely and plentiful, with hot and cold food available. Large jugs of coffee which pleased my caffeine addiction.
Location is good, not far off the motorway and there is a retail park next door with a World of Wonder, SuperValu, Sam McCauley’s Chemist, Woodies and KFC. Clonmel town is approximately 30 minutes walk.
We visited Parson's Green Pet Farm and the Rock of Cashel over the weekend which were fantastic, the kids really enjoyed the Pet Farm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel with a modern stylish feel. 99 bedrooms all with flat screen TV and duvets. Leisure centre with sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, indoor pool, gymnasium. Popular restaurant locally and lively bar with entertainment. Full spa now open. Free car parking. Excellent conference and banqueting facilities for up to 350. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clonmel Park Conference And Leisure Hotel
- Clonmel Park Conference Leisure Hotel