“Excellent family hotel”

Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Recently had a family occasion and stayed in a luxury hotel the night before and I have to say the staff at reception, at the bar and pool were amazing and on par with the luxury hotel. However the breakfast staff were terrible and came across as they couldn't care less. Poor cleaning up, seating arrangement, serving and observation and attention. The girl seating guests was reading the paper, there was no plates rolls or milk. The restaurant is very large yet we're seated on top of each other. You could hear the conversation two tables over, we were that close. The room and bathroom were modern and clean, you couldn't hear a sound from the hall which I loved.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank abmGalway
james190754, General Manager at Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Amb Galway,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Clonmel Park Hotel. Your feedback on breakfast is very much appreciated and has been discussed to insure such incidents do not happen again. Also your kind words regarding the bar and reception team have also been passed onto the relevant people. I do hope you will return and allow us the opportunity to show you that this incident was an isolated one. If you would like to discuss these issues in further detail please contact me at the hotel at anytime.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

myself and my sister just stayed here for one night break away! the hotel is lovely, the staff are very friendly! esp a lovely girl called michelle who after asking her for a quiet room upgraded us to a suite, beautiful room, we didnt want to leave! so comfortable and relaxing! the pool was lovely, water so warm! just the way it should be! thankyou michelle! you do your job well, we will be back again

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Karen B,

I am delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at the Clonmel Park Hotel. Your kind comments regarding Michelle and the staff has been passed on to all concerned. We try our best to insure all our facilities along with our staff contribute to all our guests having a very enjoyable stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and your feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've stayed here before, and complained but was assured that the next time I stay going will be perfect. They certainly tried but there is just simply something wrong with this place!

There is no atmosphere to speak of. It's dry, dull and boring to be honest? The staff on the face of it appear helpful but you can tell they don't want to be there. That aside, I cannot criticise the lady that checked me in. Efficient and friendly.

The restaurant is nearly always empty. There is also a funny smell in there, like grease in a school canteen kitchen. I certainly wouldn't eat in there.

I decided to eat in the bar. The food was bland and boring. My starter was cold inside, almost like they hadn't warmed it up in the microwave for long enough. My main was like the hotel. Dull. Left almost all of it. No one asked why, guess they didn't care? Transaction complete....on to the next customer.

My room although upgraded was terrible. Unbearably hot, sofa's with collapsed arms, a micro tv in the lounge, wallpaper that is peeling and marked, tv channels that won't tune in and a carpet with stains. I know I shouldn't complain as they did kindly upgrade me, but it's no excuse for shabbiness.

It's a real shame and I've said it before with regards to this hotel. If they can find a way to get some personality into the building, train their staff to be effortlessly nice it would be a very good hotel. The other issues can be resolved in time. As for another visit, I don't think so. It's third time unlucky I'm afraid. Even if they do offer an upgrade.....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stuart D

Dear Mr Sturat D,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stays with us here at the Clonmel Park Hotel. I was alarmed at the attached review and some of its content and have discussed in detail all the issues raised with the team here at the Hotel. Our staff are a huge asset to us and are an area that we get a lot of positive feedback from, however your comments have been noted and addressed as we clearly fell below this standard on this occasion. I thank you also for your correspondence by email since your feedback was related back to us through this review, and i do hope you will return once more as i can assure you the incidents mentioned are not standard practice and i would be personally delighted to meet with you, to insure you that your feedback has been addressed.

Once again thank your for your feedback and taking the time to reply to my correspondence on this matter. It is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I organised a renunion & used the Clonmel Park Hotel & would definitely recommend it!

Smaller room with a bar, perfect set-up for our numbers! Food lovely, staff courteous & helpful! Got my make-up done in the 'Eco-Spa' - ask for Simone, she's brilliant!

Breakfast the next morning was plentiful & there no panic that we came down quite late, we were left alone to graze!

We'll be back :)

Room Tip: I had the suite as a special treat, fab room!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Joanie P,

Thank you for your feedback, it very much appreciated. I am delighted to see you had a chance to use the many different facilities that the hotel has to offer. Simone the Eco Spa manager was delighted with your feedback and passes on there thanks. We were delighted to host your reunion and your positive feedback regarding the food, service and staff is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back the the Clonmel Park Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Looked impressive but after that went down hill fast . The reception staff are helpful but the room had a view of a roof ??? Went to the leisure centre where the water was cold and not that impressive . As for the evening meal ?? Absolutely terrible ...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Clonmel Park Hotel for the June Bank Holiday weekend with our 2 daughters age 10 and 6 in a family room. There is a large car park and open reception/lobby. The area was preparing for the arrival of a wedding so the atmosphere was buzzing. We arrived early but were able to check in without any hassle, the reception staff are very friendly. On first impressions the room (217) was lovely, clean, well laid out with a huge window. The bathroom was nice and clean and soap and shampoo were available. There are tea and coffee making facilities, and a hairdryer in the room. TV and telephone and wifi in the rooms which is great (and all through the hotel). Large wardrobe and full length mirror. However, the room was stifling hot, we could not open the window at night time as there was a noise from the road and we were worried that our daughter would be sleeping in a draught. My wife could not sleep because of the heat. The curtains were grand and thick and kept out the light of early morning.

The kids club is fantastic, both our girls went and really enjoyed their time there decorating cupcakes, fridge magnets and other arts and crafts and movie nights. The kids club staff are brilliant.

The pool/gym are a fine size and there's a jacuzzi/steam room/sauna, lockers are €2 and the showers/changing rooms are spacious and clean.

The bar serves food along with the restaurant. We got the meal included in our booking but were able to avail of bar food rather than the restaurant food which was great. The food is fabulous with a great choice and very reasonably priced even if you do not have an inclusive package. The issue we had with the bar was the dictatorial bouncer who told us children had to be out of the bar by 9pm. His attitude was just unbelievable, there was no talking to him. He made no alternative suggestions like the lobby for example. Our children were sitting quietly in the corner playing on their DS's not making a noise when he rudely interrupted our evening to announce that they had to leave. Both children upset, we arranged for them to watch a movie in our room, we were lucky that our daughters are that bit older and were able to stay in the room alone but if they were any younger we would have been sorely disappointed that one or both of us would have had to end our night early to sit with them. While away we enjoy listening to some live music, if we are to stay in our room watching TV we may as well stay at home. We totally understand if children are running around making noise and getting in people's way, but our children were very quiet in a corner minding their own business and felt they were being told off by the rude bouncer. There were no signs up around the bar saying that children had to leave by 9pm and in fact we had read reviews online that indicated children were allowed in the bar for the Easter weekend. This really put a dampener on our weekend.

Breakfast was lovely and plentiful, with hot and cold food available. Large jugs of coffee which pleased my caffeine addiction.

Location is good, not far off the motorway and there is a retail park next door with a World of Wonder, SuperValu, Sam McCauley’s Chemist, Woodies and KFC. Clonmel town is approximately 30 minutes walk.

We visited Parson's Green Pet Farm and the Rock of Cashel over the weekend which were fantastic, the kids really enjoyed the Pet Farm.

Room Tip: Room 217 facing to the front of the hotel overlooking the carpark was soo hot!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cluelessjewel
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The room was nice, if a little small.
It was however horrendously warm in the room. I couldn't bear the heat and opening the window didn't help much as there was a generator below.
The staff seemed very nice and helpful.
Overall I would say the hotel was ok for a stop gap but I wouldn't stay again unless they installed air conditioning.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Hotel Minella
Hearn's Hotel
Hearn's Hotel
#6 of 6 in Clonmel
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Been to Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa? Share your experiences!