“if you want a great friendly clean hotel this is the place”

Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clonmel
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“if you want a great friendly clean hotel this is the place”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

great hotel, lovely location, the staff were great, hotel was clean and the food was to die for! will defo be re booking again for future breaks overall i'm very happy that i booked this hotel and stayed here

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Billy J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
kildare
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I do like this hotel, lobby clean and welcoming and tidy, but I found the family rooms extremely tight for space and generally quite basic and in need of updating and not well laid out. I couldn't have stayed there for our 3 nights planned only that we managed to get moved to a suite for 2 of them which saved the day, although of course we had to pay for this privilege. I was informed that the family rooms were on spec to dimensions required for a family room but literally on spec, and that is definitely true as I would say they were the smallest family room I have ever been in, I think as I mention aswell, because of the odd layout it makes the room awkward and probably feels smaller, like instead of the bathroom door opening into the hall as you come in like most hotels, this one opens round the corner which then means if you are at the wardrobe and have it open, someone else can't get into the bathroom till you close it etc and there is a desk stuck right there on top of it aswell, so it is just awkward, We were 2 adults and 2 smallies and I felt we were tripping over each other so much so that for the night we did have to spend in there, we had to redesign the room by pushing the beds together and moving things around, just to make it bearable for the night. The suites are gorgeous and I would definitely recommend them, they made our experience which could otherwise have turned extremely sour. The other thing is this hotel must be the hottest hotel I have ever stayed in, in my life, in the family room we could barely breathe. Literally I had the children stripped right down it was so hot, and there is no air con and little air comes in through the window options. We couldn't get dressed till you were literally leaving the room as you were so roasting you nearly needed to shower again. And I normally love my heat! The suite, although still roasting, because it was much bigger it allowed some form of air to circulate. I do like the location though as close to town as many have mentioned and there is a handy shopping park beside hotel with KFC, SuperValu, Esquires coffee house, a toy store and lots of other stores. Breakfast was pleasant enough, variety was standard, but again things like only offering one type of milk and butter etc, gets on my nerves these days as my expectation is there should always be a light option available in this day and age. We only found out on our last day that there was an additional menu that you could order from that was free of charge that had pancakes and lots of other things on it, and our toddler loves pancakes so pity we weren't made aware of this on our first day. The weekends are mobbed at breakfast, especially if there was a wedding on the previous night so be prepared for delays and things to empty very quickly but the staff are on hand at all times, and the Manager visible and are trying their best to speed up everything and keep everything afloat. The leisure centre is nice enough but quite small and busy, needs a little tlc in locker rooms, and Jacuzzi was out of service for a day or so so never got to use that. The gym is of a good standard, each unit doesn't have it's own t.v but there are three main TV's and you can request one of them to be changed to something you require, it is quite busy aswell. The staff are pleasant and helpful and I have to say Grace and her accommodation team were fantastic and a great shouf out to them as with all of our too'ing and fro'ing with our moves, nothing was ever a problem for them and I sometimes feel that the accommodation staff are over-looked and they are behind the scenes ensuring everything happens. Also very efficient in terms of room service and any requests you have are dealt with immediately which I like so everything like this runs very smoothly.

Room Tip: GO for a suite. Also as some other reviewers mentioned, the main road traffic can be heard quite ear...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KildareHarley
County Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night (b&b), From the outside the hotel looks pleasant in deed. Into the lobby it looks modern and clean, the staff at the service desk were also friendly. My room on the second floor was just ok, in need of some updating, old TV and the room decor also dated, but it was very clean which is the main thing. The bar was very nice in appearance, but don't expect a late drink, as there is no resident bar service for customers in the pub, only on request to your room. Not a major problem to me, as I'm not a big drinker, but one or two work colleagues were not impressed after finishing work late (11.30pm), not having the option. The bed was comfortable and the walls weren't too tin, so the noise level was low, which is good.

The real letdown is the gym and pool, the gym isn't big and seems to be very busy with locals from the area and can take sometime before you can use all the equipment, you will end up leaving before doing full your workout. The pool is just a bit small and also very dark, along with being very busy.

Breakfast was nice (Buffett), standard what you would expect in any Irish Hotel.
This hotel is ok for a one night stay...

Room Tip: Second floor is good for a nights sleep
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank B P
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and thought it brilliant value for money, from the moment we arrived we thought the receptionist was very friendly, our room was spotless and very modern, our meal was included in the deal and we thought the food was great, the staff all over the hotel were very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be returning myself.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank paulinm
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location. Just a 5 minute drive into town. When we entered the lobby area I was very impressed by how clean it was. Floor was sparkling. Room was nice too. Beds very comfortable. The only niggle I had was the room was very hot even with the window open. I slept on top of the bed without the duvet over me, it was so hot. Also it would be great if there were extra pillows in the wardrobe. Breakfast both mornings was absolutely delicious, one of the best I've ever had. All hot food especially the pudding, sausages and poached eggs were fantastic. Swimming pool was very good too.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of hotel have a better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Peak District
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is an 'out-of-town' modern hotel built between two fairly busy roads on the edge of a retail park. Upon entering the room at the front of the hotel I noticed it smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke so asked to move rooms. Whilst the staff complied immediately with my request there was no apology or concern that the room was being let in this condition. I then ended up with a room on the same floor at the rear of the hotel. It was very hot in the room (even hotter in the corridors) and no a/c. Seems very odd to have built a modern 4* hotel and not put a/c in. Opening the window let a small draught of air in (thanks to the wind blowing in the right direction) but also a lot of traffic noise. The room was large with a comfy double bed. The TV was tiny and affixed to the wall - you needed a pair of binoculars to watch it from the bed - again why build a modern hotel and put such poor facilities in. Was OK for one night but wouldn't want to stay for much longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Clonmel, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently had our wedding reception at the Clonmel Park Hotel and I can say without any reservation that the level of service, from the day we booked to the follow up communications were absolutely second to none. Eve Quigley, the wedding co-ordinator, surpassed all expectations with planning every second of our special day with detailed precision and all requests were carried out to the maximum. On the day, Kern, Michael, and Willie and all the staff could not be any more helpful, ensuring we were happy with every detail. The food was exceptional, the service was excellent and all was carried out with minimal effort. You can see the Team really enjoy working together and this was portrayed throughout the day. I would recommend the Park Hotel to anyone considering an event/ party.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Seline O
james190754, General Manager at Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Seline,

Thank you for such kind words, all of which have been passed onto the team. It was a pleasure to look after both yourself, Seamus and all of your guests on your wedding day. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and a sincere thank you for your kind feedback.

Regards

Michael Boyle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Hotel Minella
#6 of 6 in Clonmel
Cahir House Hotel
Cahir House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cahir

Been to Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa? Share your experiences!