“lovley hotel shocking prices!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Clonmel Park Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Clonmel
cork
“lovley hotel shocking prices!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

at a wedding here recently. enjoyed the wedding magic. room was good if your used to heat!! apart from the heat the room was well up to standard. i have to say all the staff here are 100% so nice and easy going fair play to them!!! but here is my minute!!! how is it that you can charge 6 euro for a bottle of cider and 5 euro pint of ale? the bride and groom pay for that room for the day. but not just you but all hotels just rip of the guests!!! shame on you. nice hotel though.

Room Tip: any!!! great rooms!!!
1 Thank ger g
james190754, General Manager at Clonmel Park Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Ger G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and all your comments will be taking on board. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your wedding experience and the facilities on offer throughout your stay. I will also pass on your kind compliments and feedback regarding our staff to all the team. The function pricing on our beverage is very much inline with our local competitors, however will take your comments on board and carry out a price review with all our local hotels to insure we are offering the most competitive pricing possible.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Clonmel Park Hotel in the Near future.

Kind Regards
Michael Boyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We chose to stay here as it was convenient for Waterford airport. The receptionist was efficient but thereafter we were somewhat disappointed. We were a party of four and had two rooms at the back of the hotel with views of the rubbish! The room was quite small and felt rather cramped. The main problem was that it was so hot. The window did not open very much and we had to unhook the curtain to let in some air. It was still impossible to sleep and we had to ring down for a couple of fans to be delivered.It was not easy to locate a suitable socket as most were well away from the bed. Eventually we decided to unplug the bedside light and the top half of the plug came away in my hand. The whole socket was actually loose on the wall too and we reported this to reception.
The food was adequate for both the evening meal and for breakfast but not exceptional.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kathy S
Dear Kathy S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Clonmel Park Hotel. I will discuss your comments with our team as all the hotel areas front or back facing should not look out on rubbish. This will be looked at to insure this does not happen again. The window is fitted with a child safety latch that allows you to open the window slightly, however this clip can be removed on request and this should have been explained to you during your stay. We would like to think the food on offer is better than adequate however we clearly failed on this occasion. I will discuss your comments with our Head Chef. I would be delighted if you could contact me here at the hotel on 052 61 88700 to discuss the issues mentioned in more detail.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we do hope you will return to the Clonmel Park again and allow us the opportunity to make up for some of the issues encountered during your last visit.

Kind Regards
Michael Boyle
Dungarvan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I can not put into words how amazing the clonmel park was for my wedding, its clean modern but friendly and inviting. From the moment i stepped in there to look at the venue for my wedding nothing was too much. The food was outstanding. The staff cant do enough for you, each is so pleasant, from the waitresses, waiters, bar staff, receptionist, eve my main contact there, to the most friendly guy that met us when we got there for our reception, they all go above and beyond. i would 100% recommend this hotel. and ill definately be back as soon as i can for a mini break. Thanks to all xx

4 Thank Jennie M
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

great hotel, lovely location, the staff were great, hotel was clean and the food was to die for! will defo be re booking again for future breaks overall i'm very happy that i booked this hotel and stayed here

2 Thank Billy J
kildare
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I do like this hotel, lobby clean and welcoming and tidy, but I found the family rooms extremely tight for space and generally quite basic and in need of updating and not well laid out. I couldn't have stayed there for our 3 nights planned only that we managed to get moved to a suite for 2 of them which saved the day, although of course we had to pay for this privilege. I was informed that the family rooms were on spec to dimensions required for a family room but literally on spec, and that is definitely true as I would say they were the smallest family room I have ever been in, I think as I mention aswell, because of the odd layout it makes the room awkward and probably feels smaller, like instead of the bathroom door opening into the hall as you come in like most hotels, this one opens round the corner which then means if you are at the wardrobe and have it open, someone else can't get into the bathroom till you close it etc and there is a desk stuck right there on top of it aswell, so it is just awkward, We were 2 adults and 2 smallies and I felt we were tripping over each other so much so that for the night we did have to spend in there, we had to redesign the room by pushing the beds together and moving things around, just to make it bearable for the night. The suites are gorgeous and I would definitely recommend them, they made our experience which could otherwise have turned extremely sour. The other thing is this hotel must be the hottest hotel I have ever stayed in, in my life, in the family room we could barely breathe. Literally I had the children stripped right down it was so hot, and there is no air con and little air comes in through the window options. We couldn't get dressed till you were literally leaving the room as you were so roasting you nearly needed to shower again. And I normally love my heat! The suite, although still roasting, because it was much bigger it allowed some form of air to circulate. I do like the location though as close to town as many have mentioned and there is a handy shopping park beside hotel with KFC, SuperValu, Esquires coffee house, a toy store and lots of other stores. Breakfast was pleasant enough, variety was standard, but again things like only offering one type of milk and butter etc, gets on my nerves these days as my expectation is there should always be a light option available in this day and age. We only found out on our last day that there was an additional menu that you could order from that was free of charge that had pancakes and lots of other things on it, and our toddler loves pancakes so pity we weren't made aware of this on our first day. The weekends are mobbed at breakfast, especially if there was a wedding on the previous night so be prepared for delays and things to empty very quickly but the staff are on hand at all times, and the Manager visible and are trying their best to speed up everything and keep everything afloat. The leisure centre is nice enough but quite small and busy, needs a little tlc in locker rooms, and Jacuzzi was out of service for a day or so so never got to use that. The gym is of a good standard, each unit doesn't have it's own t.v but there are three main TV's and you can request one of them to be changed to something you require, it is quite busy aswell. The staff are pleasant and helpful and I have to say Grace and her accommodation team were fantastic and a great shouf out to them as with all of our too'ing and fro'ing with our moves, nothing was ever a problem for them and I sometimes feel that the accommodation staff are over-looked and they are behind the scenes ensuring everything happens. Also very efficient in terms of room service and any requests you have are dealt with immediately which I like so everything like this runs very smoothly.

Room Tip: GO for a suite. Also as some other reviewers mentioned, the main road traffic can be heard quite ear...
      Cleanliness
1 Thank KildareHarley
County Kildare, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night (b&b), From the outside the hotel looks pleasant in deed. Into the lobby it looks modern and clean, the staff at the service desk were also friendly. My room on the second floor was just ok, in need of some updating, old TV and the room decor also dated, but it was very clean which is the main thing. The bar was very nice in appearance, but don't expect a late drink, as there is no resident bar service for customers in the pub, only on request to your room. Not a major problem to me, as I'm not a big drinker, but one or two work colleagues were not impressed after finishing work late (11.30pm), not having the option. The bed was comfortable and the walls weren't too tin, so the noise level was low, which is good.

The real letdown is the gym and pool, the gym isn't big and seems to be very busy with locals from the area and can take sometime before you can use all the equipment, you will end up leaving before doing full your workout. The pool is just a bit small and also very dark, along with being very busy.

Breakfast was nice (Buffett), standard what you would expect in any Irish Hotel.
This hotel is ok for a one night stay...

Room Tip: Second floor is good for a nights sleep
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
1 Thank B P
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and thought it brilliant value for money, from the moment we arrived we thought the receptionist was very friendly, our room was spotless and very modern, our meal was included in the deal and we thought the food was great, the staff all over the hotel were very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be returning myself.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank paulinm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmel
Hotel Minella
#1 of 2 in Cahir
Fennessy's Hotel
Fennessy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clonmel

Been to Clonmel Park Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!