“Excellent value”

and 1 more site!
McCarthy's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 Clonmel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I've stayed in 4 star hotels before and I can honestly say between food, customer service, comfort, location it is very much worth a stay. I heard of the place through friends who have stayed here and the overall experience was beyond my expectations for the price. Highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank SJMcA

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My mother stayed here from the 21st to 22nd May 2013. My mother came back to stay with McCarthys has had a previous good stay but that was 3 to 4 years. I booked with the McCarthys back in April 2013 to see if they had any vacancies. However when my mother arrived there was no record of her stay. This was after I had booked well in advance. I also emailed them to say my mother was on the way to them. My mother then I had to go off for half an hour while they made the room up. I emailed McCarthys to say what had happen along with attachments of our original emails. To this day I have never had any more further acknowledgements to my emails. Talk about rude it doesnt take a minute to email and considering she can pick them up from her iphone. On my mother's return she was given a dingy room probably because they had made the room up in haste. Breakfast was not great. This place has deteriorated. My mother got the impression that not many people book here anymore. Fortunately my mother was only staying here for 2 nights. TV did not work either. They really need to get with it and bring things up to scratch or just give up doing B&B. Certainly will not be booking here again and also have made sure that none of our relatives who live in Clonmel book any family members here. There are better places to stay. Like they say you only get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Justina R
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Just book this one, you will not find anything that gets close, for everything wanted when staying away from home, for whatever reason.
Debbie & Robin are just the greatest folk and do everything possible to make ones stay the best.
All rooms superb, Breakfast well this is the best in Ireland, even the Breakfast room is such a wonderful place to eat, right down to the tables and great gold Tablecloths!!
We will always go back to them, whenever in Ireland. No where else comes close.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, just choose this B&B
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Robie
we were met by Robin and Debby on our arrival at midday friday, 17 of us 13 adults 2 children 2 infants shown to our rooms which were excellent beds were very comfy, the breakfast was enough to keep you going for the day the town was only a short walk

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank robie_12
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I had a brilliant stay and the owners Robin & Debby were very gracious & welcoming. They were ready to help & were very friendly and the accommodation was very suitable for me and my 2 dogs.
Susan

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Popsypops
Reviewed 21 August 2009

McCarthy's B&B consists of 2 historic buildings merged into one, and has large, spacious rooms, great views of the historic city, and warm, welcoming proprietors. The rooms were rather luxurious, and the beds were very snuggly and comfortable. The hostess and her husband were warm and welcoming, and ready with good suggestions for dining out. The only drawback to this place was the breakfast - stick to the continental spread, and leave the cooked food and fruit (it was very unripe) for someone with no taste buds. Other than that, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank SkirlGirl
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I arrived late at night after travelling (train, boat,bus) from Cardiff. I was very tired and was shown to my room, a little quickly, I thought. Favourite TV show, maybe. The room was bright and cheerful. Made me feel better immediately. Great bed. Slept really well.
Breakfast! Outstanding! Juice, selection of cereals, a number of options for main
breakfast. Couldn't ask for more. Was booked for three nights. Stayed four.
Probably best value for money for anywhere I've stayed.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo