“A great location to explore the Rock and the town centre”
Review of Teac Watties B & B

and 1 more site!
Teac Watties B & B
Ranked #8 of 16 Cashel B&B and Inns
Newcastle
“A great location to explore the Rock and the town centre”
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Our main reason for visiting Cashel was to see the Rock and we came across this BandB on Google Maps. We were welcomed by Maria who shared her knowledge of the area and gave suggestions on where to eat and how to get around. Our room was spotlessly clean and nicely furnished with pine cupboards and a modern decor and the beautiful large bathroom with toiletries provided, gave it a very homely feel. The quiet location provided a restfull night's sleep and next morning Maria cooked us one of her "special recipe" omelettes - Delicious. We were able to leave our car parked at her home while we walked to the Rock and also were offered the use of her laptop, before our departure, to email our family back in Australia. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My friend and I explored Cashel based on Maria's wonderful recommendations. On the way back from visiting Hore Abbey, we realized we had a flat tire (or tyre puncture). We arrived at the B&B and spoke to Maria. She immediately began calling for help. A kind friend of Maria's changed the tire for us. Maria personally escorted us to the tire repair shop where we learned we'd need a new tire. Maria kindly asked the shop owner to "Take care of my girls!" Throughout the entire experience, it was comforting to know we were in good hands. She allowed us to use her personal laptop to research our options (being unsure of how to handle the situation as it was a rental car) and even let us stay a few extra hours after check-out time while we waited for assistance. Having car problems could have ruined our trip but thanks to Maria it was merely part of the adventure! Thanks Maria!

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Bomoseen, Vermont
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Great B&B in the center of the town, but very quiet with roomy, comfortably accomodations. Loved our hostess, Maria, she made us feel right at home. Lovely view of the Rock of Cashel at night from our room. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at this B&B while driving around the countryside of Ireland- we found the place in the Rick Steves guide- and now I know why he recommended it. When we arrived, Maria was very friendly and provided us with a map of the town with points of interest noted. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. The location of the place was perfect- within walking distance to everything in the town- including the Rock of Cashel. The breakfast was also very good- Maria gave us a few different options- from a basic fruit & cereal meal to a full Irish breakfast. We opted for her omlets, which were great. She provided free wi-fi, and offered to let us use her laptop if the wi-fi did not work on our phones. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone traveling Cashel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My wife and I stayed with Maria on our way from Dingle to Dublin. We were amazed at how close she was to The Rock of Cashel. We were able to walk from her home to see everything as well as walk to a lovely dinner at the Cashel Palace Hotel. Our room was very comfortable and very quiet. Maria is clearly a hard working individual and takes a lot of pride in her business. We look forward to keeping in touch and someday visit her again. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This was our last stop on our self-tour of Ireland before heading to the Dublin, and we wished we could have stayed longer! From the moment we arrived, Maria made us feel very welcome, and provided us with much information about the town, the best places to eat, and the attractions. We had the best dinner of our trip thanks to her suggestion! Also, of all the B&B's we stayed in, her rooms were the nicest, and the bathroom was the best, too! We highly recommend staying at Teac Watties Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I traveled with my sister around Ireland and have to say that, while I enjoyed staying in Dingle and Dublin, by far my most fun experiences came from Cashel. It is a very small town, but it is well worth 1 day to walk through the town which is filled with relics of ancient Irish History, to shop in some of the cute, unique shops (clothing, book stores, etc), and to visit the cultural center where you can learn about Irish dancing and Irish music. It was a lot of fun!

I would also recommend staying in Teac Watties. It is not the most professionally run bed and breakfast, but that is part of it's charm. The owner greeted us warmly, had lots of good advice of what to see and where to eat in Cashel, and had a lot of connections to other people in the town who could open important sites for us or show us interesting parts of the history. She also told us about the cultural center, which we would never have gone to/ heard about without her attentive interest in making sure that we enjoyed Cashel.

The B and B was wonderful as well. After staying in a number of bed and breakfasts that had poor quality showers and were not nearly as well looked after, we stayed in a room that was very clean and had quite a luxurious shower that I'm only sad I didn't get to enjoy more. The towels were fresh, clean, and soft, and the bed was very comfortable. She even had a tea set laid out so that when my sister and I wanted tea later in the evening, we could help ourselves without even leaving the room. It was very nice. Breakfast was also very good. She cooked a traditional Irish Breakfast for my sister that my sister enjoyed very much. And, since I was vegetarian, she put together a nice fruit dish with cereal and whatever else I wanted, so even as a vegetarian in a country of bangers and mash, etc, I was very well cared for.

Overall great experience and a very nice stay in a quality bed and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
Baileys Hotel Cashel
#4 of 16 in Cashel
Peggy O'Neills B&B
Peggy O'Neills B&B
#2 of 16 in Cashel

Been to Teac Watties B & B? Share your experiences!