“A gem of a place to stay”
Review of Teac Watties B & B

and 1 more site!
Teac Watties B & B
Ranked #8 of 16 Cashel B&B and Inns
Hilton Head
“A gem of a place to stay”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Park your car and walk to everything. Avoid parking fees because everything is no more than a few minutes walk. Marie is the owner and runs a top of the line B & B. breakfast to order and lots of tips about local happenings. A delightful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ottawa
Reviewed 21 February 2013

What a delightful surprise and stay in a recently refurbished home with latest amenities and a great view of the Rock of Cashel only minutes walking distance while you leave your car in the laneway. The feisty Maria is a true reflection of the Irish spirit and could likely set the world on an interesting course if given the chance...hehe!?! She was also very helpful in directing us to an equally entertaining pub owner (Patrick) for a late night meal...he stayed open for us!

The Watties name is a tribute to Maria's family and is on a side street off the main street and takes a little finessing to find but it is well worth the effort. The rooms are recently refurbished, clean, and well-equipped with flat screen tv, kettle, hair dryer, and clean bathroom. The rooms also range in sizes on the second floor with the front room offering a nice view of the Rock of Cashel. The ground floor sitting room, kitchen and bedrooms are also upgraded and great for either handicap or elderly visitors.

The breakfast offered three selections from traditional Irish sausage, fruit selection, or Maria's secret omelette which I thoroughly enjoyed! This was easily my favourite B&B stay during my week tour and mostly to the enjoyable banter with the feisty Maria...don't talk taxes, or else...hehe!

Room Tip: Front room on second floor offers nice view of Rock of Cashel, or a ground floor room for an elderly...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael B
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Trip - August 2012. Solo 30-yr old woman traveler. Booked room in advance.

Maria was very welcoming and helpful. I spent my first night in Ireland in this B&B after traveling nonstop from San Francisco. Maria immediately directed me to a very close pub that was open late to get some much needed food. She gave me the honeymoon suite because I was the only traveler she had at that time. It had a lovely large bathtub. Everything was clean and in well order. I am a terribly light sleeper - this was not a problem at Wattie's. It was very quiet. The next morning, Maria gave me a large breakfast and easily accommodated my request for a gluten-free meal. She let me store my suitcase in her shed while I headed to the Rock of Cashel. It was very easy less than 10 minute walk to the Rock. I highly recommend this B&B to other travelers in Cashel. Also, if you are a horse lover, ask Maria if she has connections at the National Stud. You may be able to get a more extensive tour =) I unfortunately had other plans or otherwise I would have taken her up on her offer! The only downside was that the B&B was a little hard to find. There is a sign on the main road. Watch for it. Then you have to do a zigzag down what looks like a one-way street but the B&B is only a block or two off the main road. My cab driver called her and she stood outside to direct us.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub ask for the honeymoon suite though there won't be much of a view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Janelle C
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Maria is a very good hostess, everything is done to a very high rate, with lovely breakfasts. Nothing is a problem, advising places to go for dinner, and also sights to see.
Had a lovely vist with her for a week, would highly recommed this establishment.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Galway, Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 10 July 2012

having traveling around the world over the past number of years it was great to feelat home in this very nice house in cashel.

I had per booked since christmas and on a few times had to e-mail the owner to change dates as I was traveling a lot and my plans where changing . At no extra cost she changed my booking for me and was very obligatory.

On arrival I was very tierd as I had just traveled from abroad went to sleep in a very comfortable bed, to my surprise when I work up they had kindly lundered my clothes at no extra cost to me.

Found the wifi (free) very helpful as I needed to carry out some business.

The breakfast was more then anyone to eat in one seating! The only problem for me was I eat to much!!

Would recommend if you where traveling in this area of Ireland this would be a great place to stay as you just feel at home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerry L
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I came to cashel for a weekend stayed in watties for 2 nights sat and Sunday, I found the lady of the house Maria... Very helpful as we had not booked, our room and bathroom were very clean, and on both morning we were spoiled with breakfast, with free wifi and car parking this home is a little gem...

• Stayed May 2012
Waterford
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Had previously stayed here so it was great to be back for two nights. On arrival Maria remembered us from our previous visit was very welcoming and gave us full advantage of the extras available, we had free parking and internet. Great area as right at the foot of the Rock great views and accessibility. Whole B&B and room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable had great nights sleep. Lots of options available for breakfast which was delicious. Maria has great knowledge in where to visit and was again extremely helpful. Would highly recommend a stay at Watties B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
Baileys Hotel Cashel
Aulber House
Aulber House
#1 of 16 in Cashel
O'Briens Cashel Lodge

Been to Teac Watties B & B? Share your experiences!