“Great location, clean rooms, but wouldn't stay there again.”
Review of Teac Watties B & B

and 1 more site!
Teac Watties B & B
Ranked #8 of 16 Cashel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The rooms were clean and comfortable. They had tea/coffee making facilities in the room with a very mini fridge in the room. The location was great, being only a minute or so walk from the Rock of Cashel. The ruined Dominic Abbey is right next door. And restaurants are only a few minute walk away as well.
Maria, our hostess, was nice as well. However, despite wanting to get an early start to catch a ferry in Rosslare, we weren't able to get breakfast any earlier than the posted 8:30 am. In addition, the hostess smokes. To be fair, she did appear to only smoke outside and the bedrooms were not smoky, but there's always still a presence of it in the air no matter where you smoke. So for those two reasons, I don't think we would stay here again.

1  Thank rigglez
There are newer reviews for Teac Watties B & B

Reviewed 28 July 2009

My husband and I stayed our first night in Ireland at Watties B&B, and it was just the warm welcome we needed after a long plane ride. Maria was the perfect hostess taking care of anything we needed and the room was very clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful night's rest and woke up to a full Irish breakfast to remember. We mostly enjoyed the insightful and pleasant conversation we had with Maria at breakfast. Not only did she give us tips on places to go, but we also had a little Irish history lesson as well. We definitely would stay here again and highly recommend Maria's B&B.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Maria gave us a really warm welcome.
Lovely shower, a really comfy bed, and a great night's sleep.
Worth a visit!

Reviewed 20 July 2009

We got to Cashel the day of a music festival.. Watties was recommended by the Irish Tourist Board. We went over and were offered an excellent room at a very reasonable rate without having booked ahead. Our hostess (Marie) was super friendly, gave us all sorts of suggestions about what to do in town. The B&B was centrally located in this charming town.

Although we (fortunately) we didn't need it, we were really very pleased to find our room was handicapped accessible - at TRUE BONUS. Also, the room and bath were IMMACULATE.

Best of all was breakfast... Both our Marie's dining room is absolutely charming, and the china beautiful; the food was the best (both my "healthy" choices and my husband's "Full Irish Breakfast"... )

Another bonus - parking was available so we never had to move our car while in town...

Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at Wattie's B&B in Cashel, Ireland. Although we only stayed there one night, we enjoyed our stay enormously. The room was very comfortable, attractive and clean. We appreciated how clean the bathroom was as well. Our host, Maria, was very friendly and helpful. She gave us a very tasty and substantial breakfast in the morning and even gave us a map of Ireland which came in really handy in our further travels. We would definitely recommend Wattie's B&B and would love to return there ourselves. It was very reasonable as well. We found the town and Rock of Cashel to be well worth visiting. Thank you, Maria!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Me and my Sister stayed here on our trip across Ireland.
It is a great location, and the hospitality was great!
I would definitely recommend it to anyone I knew traveling through the area, & if I go to Cashel again, it will be where I stay.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 2 July 2009

From the hundreds of B&B options published in the web, there are very (very!) few that are wheelchair accesible. That is what I was so relieved to find Wattie's B&B in Cashel. I would stay here again in a second! We got there and Maria received us very warmly and showed us to our rooms. Lovely rooms, very nicely appointed. The wheelchair accesible room was perfect for my husband, including a comfortable bathroom with accesible shower setup. Maria's breakfast are legendary and she sets it up so nicely, just wonderful. We learned that Maria used to be a B&B Inspector for the Irish Office of Tourism, and her B&B show the highest quality standards. The location is superb, I wake up early in the morning and walked around Cashel, including to the Rock of Cashel, very easy walk from this B&B. I recommend this B&B wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends