“Lovely place”

Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our aim is to create and maintain a delicious cuisine freshly prepared and prepared to the highest standards by our staff in a friendly atmosphere
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Really nice restaurant . Great food with excellent prices. Good choice on the menu with something to suit everyone. Staff are very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I went here about 2 weeks ago with my partner and his parents. There was a very inexperienced waitress serving us who was not up to the job at hand. I asked for seafood chowder and so did my partner, we asked if there were mussels in it and the waitress said there were none so we ordered it. My partners dad asked for chicken wings. She went to the kitchen to find out did they have any, they didn't and then she came back and told me that there were mussels in the chowder so we then had to order something else. For our mains, i ordered a spicy tomato pasta with prawns and calamari and my partner ordered chargrilled chicken breast with a mushroom tarragon sauce. Mine was simply shop bought pasta sauce with raw mushrooms and no calamari or flavour for that matter. I left almost all of it. My partner got a small overcooked portion of chicken with a ton of microwaved veg and no sauce. He had to ask the waitress for the sauce even though it was meant to have come with it. Overall it was a very shoddy experience and extremely over-priced. We had a far superior meal the next night in Baileys right next door which even cost less. I would highly recommend missing out on an evening in this restaurant

2  Thank Joe S
KamelM616, Owner at Oasis Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear customer,
We regret to hear you had an unpleasant experience at our restaurant lately. I have spoken to the waiting staff and as you stated the waitress that served you is not as experienced as the rest of the staff and is trying hard to get to the level we expect in the restaurant but she has only been working here a short while.
There is no excuse for there not being any calamari in your pasta dish if it was stated to be on the menu and the chef on duty that night has been spoken to on the topic and assures me it will not happen again. I do have to assure you however that the pasta sauce is not shop bought and that all our soups and sauces are home-made.
We hope you return to the restaurant again to see that the level of service and cooking is not normally at that low level.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I went here with my family for a meal. It was really nice, friendly staff, lovely meal at a great price. Everyone left happy. Great to be able to bring in your own wine also. Would recommend . We will be back again

We are glad you and your family enjoyed your meal and we would like to thank you for your custom and hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I ate here a few nights ago with some friends of mine. Five of us girls ate there and every one of us said that they would never return.

First of all and most importantly for a restaurant review.... The food. It was not good! My pasta dish arrived cold. It was very bland, definitely the most disappointing pasta dish I have ever been served in an Italian restaurant. All of the other girls unenthusiastic ally soldiered on eating their meals also but no one was impressed with they got.

The place it self..... The decor is very dated and dark and frankly a bit shabby. When you get up the top of the stairs to the restaurant, the dark wine carpet everywhere and cramped seating doesn't exactly give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

The service.... Now this is what annoyed us most of all that night. It took way too long to be given menus, way too long to take orders off us, way too long for the food to be served. One of my friends was served her meal about 15 minutes after the rest of us. It then took way too long to get the bill after we had asked for it and when we wanted to pay, we eventually all had to get up and go try and find the waitress on our way out the door. She had gone to get milk in a nearby shop! She was the only waitress on that night. I did feel sorry get her. She seemed rushed off her feet. The manager of this place needs to hire someone else. This level of panic and slow service is just not acceptable.

Don't eat here. Anywhere else would surely be better!

Dear customer,
We at oasis restaurant are sorry you and your friends have had an unpleasant visit. We try and deliver great food and service and from your experience you did not receive either which is not acceptable. we regret to hear you did not enjoy your meal from the start and hoped you would have said it to the waiting staff on the night so we could have changed your dish. we regret to hear that the decor is not to your liking but we have only recently painted and refurbished the surroundings. we do hope you return to the restaurant in the future to see that the level of incompetence that you were witness too does not happen often here at oasis restaurant.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Visited Oasis last night for dinner, a very clean and bright establishment and the staff were lovely, friendly and professional.
However the food served from the kitchen is unremarkable and certainly not Italian, my pizza was dough with a sweet tomato sauce devoid of any garlic or seasoning and near room temperature, after a liberal covering of salt and pepper I ate half and asked for the waitress to have it returned to the oven for a re heat which was done for me without any problem only to be returned again at room temperature on a new "cold" plate, I gave up after two more slices.
As for my wifes Cannelloni it was so bland it could have been a chicken nugget and left her requiring anti acid tablets.
Shame really as we went here going by Trip Advisors comments page, this is no Italian and perhaps the reviewers are hired help.
Get a Chef that can cook real Italian please.

1  Thank Tom P

Dear customer,
Firstly on behalf of all the staff in oasis restaurant i would like to apologize for your unpleasant visit here lately. I am glad the floor staff were helpful as we try and deliver the best service possible to all our customers. I cant make any excuse for your food being tasteless and have spoke to the chefs to ensure this doesn't happen again. I hope you return to the restaurant as the food here is normally 100 per cent as previous reviews would suggest and i can assure you none of our five staff members have written any reviews on TripAdvisor.
I hope to see you again.