“Beautiful place! Great location!”

Legends Guesthouse and Restaurant
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cashel
Legends Guesthouse and Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 16 Cashel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2008

My wife and I travelled to the UK for our daughter's wedding and decided to travel around to Scotland and Ireland. We stayed at a number of hotels and B&B's all around but we really loved Legends. The house is very pretty surrounded by ivy and nice warm colors on the walls make Legends a very cozy , intimate place. We had a fantastic view of the Rock of Cashel from our room. We couldn't have been any closer to the ruins. Breakfast was a real treat with fresh fruit salad, organic yogurt and smoked salmon. Grazielle is a very frriendly and warm without being too invasive. Best B&B in miles!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank aneeshjoy2

Reviewed 25 July 2008

I have stayed in the guesthouse with my boyfriend for 4 days and I was really happy with the whole experience. The place is tastefully decorated creating a very cosy atmosphere. Grazielli, the owner was extremelly friendly and always happy to help. I definitelly recommend the place and I´m certainly staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I could not even stay in this guesthouse. It was very dirty and smelled of mildew. A man yelled at my daughter in her room through the window. No mattress pads on the bed. Linens were threadbare and stained. We lost our money as it was prepaid but felt very unsafe here.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Pattytish
Reviewed 1 October 2007

We had booked into Legends for two nights based on the good reviews we had read on this site. We were surprised, to say the least, when the owner turned out to be a very rude man who basically treated us as if we were interrupting him when we wanted to check in. He then informed us that it was a 'cash-only' premises, and that we would have to order our breakfast there and then - this before we even had a chance to put our bags down in our room. And not only did we have to order the cooked portion of our breakfast, we also had to order what kind of cereal we wanted! For sixty euro a person this is just not good enough. Breakfast was also between 8 and 9 only, including on Sunday, which is unusual for an Irish guesthouse.

The place itself is clean enough, although the walls are thin and we could hear people having a conversation next door. The food was adequate and the waitress was pleasant.

We decided to check out the next morning, and upon hearing this the owner said he thought we were meant to be staying for two night. We told him we were, but we weren't happy and would like to check out. He just looked at us and said "That'll be one hundred and twenty euro". He didn't enquire as to why we were unhappy, or if there was anything he could do to make the stay better. He acted as if he didn't care. We discovered later there was another couple who badly needed a room for that night, so basically the owner knew he could fill the room and didn't care after that.

We later learned from a local that the establishment is up for sale, which explains the attitude of the current owner. He acts as if he has no interest in the long-term reputation of the place, and I feel sorry for the people who eventually buy it as they are going to have to overcome the badwill currently being generated.

If you're looking for the nice couple mentioned in the earlier reviews, I learned that they sold the place a number of years ago and bought the Bailey, which they've now worked their magic on. Wish I knew that before I booked Legends!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andagda
Reviewed 21 August 2007

We were well satisfied with our stay here. The view of the Rock from the hotel was fantastic. The bathrooms were clean. The location is great for walking to the varous historical sights around town. We found the owner nice to talk to. The breakfast was fine. The Bru Boru Center is right behind the hotel and it has a very enjoyable Irish music show.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2007

I am Irish and have travelled Ireland extensively both through work and on vacation. Outside of Dublin and some of the major tourist traps, a good Bed & Breakfast in Ireland should cost no more than €80 per night for 2 people, and that's for something pretty special.

Legends in Cashel seems to view itself as something more than a B&B because it charges €130 per night, But you get nothing extra for that - it has all the qualities of an average B&B - pokey rooms, cheap pine furniture and a miserable little tv with reception so poor it's unwatchable.

When I first arrived I was left standing for well over 5 minutes at the closed front door before I managed to make my own way in (the door was unlocked). A kid eventually saw me and fetched his father, the owner, who showed up in his socks and asked me unpleasantly "can I help you?". Well I'm standing at the reception desk of your hostelry with a bag, what do you think? He also likes to stand at his front door smoking and leaves his butts in a flowerpot just by the door. Charming.

In short, the only thing exceptional about this establishmnet are it's ridiculous prices. It's not a hotel or a guesthouse - it's a B&B, and a pretty poor one at that. Avoid at all costs

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Pad_e80
Reviewed 17 June 2007

These people are recent owners and I was fooled by previous reports ,obviously the previous couple were very good. Grazelle is very good and warm but as for the owner John her husband, well he shouldn't be in this business.no idea on customer relations and manners ,very rude. In fact ,obnoxious ,springs to mind ,never again at 55 euros each a waste of time and bad value.
However, luckily it is near one of the best restuarants in Ireland ,the Chez Hans (not owned by them I hasten to add) Absolutely top notch and yummy.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple