“Lovely Irish Soda Bread”
Review of Cashel Palace - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cashel Palace
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visited the Cashel Palace because it is where Guinness was invented and so we descended to the bar to try the brew. We were made very welcome by the staff, who did not mind us wandering around the public rooms, and I would certainly like to go back to stay there in the future.

Whilst in the bar, we spotted a visitor with Soup served with Irish Black Treacle and Walnut Soda Bread. We had enjoyed a huge breakfast earlier, but asked if we could just sample the Soda Bread. The staff provided a generous complimentary taster, and I can tell you categorically, it was the best Soda Bread I have ever tasted! It also goes very well with Guinness.

We were made to feel valued customers even though we were not eating a full meal.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the dining room after drinks in the pub. Breakfast was hearty and delicious. This is a very old fashioned band lovely place for travelers.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stopped in the Cashel Palace bar on the way home from Dublin. We had the whole bar to ourselves and had a good meal of Steak with plenty Vegetables and homemade fries. The chef went to all the trouble of making Scrambled eggs for our 4 year old and the Barman Andrew was a very nice young man. Full of chat and very good with the children. Would have liked to try the restaurant and will definitely stop again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I first went to The Cashel Palace in 1969, when I was 16 years old. I have had dinner there three times since then. We brought our son and daughter and their spouses back to where my great grand parents were born. Having dinner at The Cashel Palace was a dream come true. The food was truly amazing and our waitress was the best that she could possibly be. She even allowed my son to pour his first pint of Guiness. It was one of best nights of my life

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great food in the resturant downstairs, good value. More reasonable than the hotel we stayed at. steak €23 came with mash, loads of onions and mushrooms a peppercorn sauce. Had a lovely wine with the meal. Very presentable and lovely service from Aileen who greeted all that entered with a smile. Did't stay in the hotel but went up to have a view. Beautiful old building ...Great choice on the Bishops Menu..