“A cut above the rest”

Baileys Hotel Cashel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashel
Reviewed 21 May 2011

What a fantastic hotel!! Situated in the centre of the cultural and copsmopolitan town of Cashel it is a gem of a hotel. The staff are second to none and go above and beyond the call of duty for their guests, all the while with a smile on their faces. The food in the hotel is superb catering for all tastes providing excellent, well thought out and varied menus. Any food I had in Baileys Hotel could not be faulted...only praised-it was delicious. A tastefully decorated hotel which has a lovely atmosphere. The staff are great and the owners, the Delaney family, are great hosts which will encourage one to return again and again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheehan09

Reviewed 15 May 2011

When I arrived at the hotel I found the staff extremely friendly and very helpful. Was slightly disappointed the swimming pool had been closed down, but I think this was due to me using an old hotel guide!! The room was gorgeous and had a lovely bathroom, and the bed was massive! Only fault I found with the room was that the walls must have been thin! As I could hear my colleague who was in the neighbouring room, whole conversation they were having on the phone! This made me a bit uncomfortable.

Otherwise this is a lovely hotel, breakfast was simply delicious!! Had a freshly coooked eggs benedict which was devine!!! Was happy to have a freshly cooked breakfast instead of the now usual buffey style breakfast. Had an evening meal in the Cellar Bar which was lovely too, the staff were very attentive and catered for all our needs, the bar had a lovely cosy atmosphere about it.

Stayed at the hotel for work reasons, but would return for a personal hoilday in the future :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Booked this beautiful room last minute with a great rate which included a big, delicious breakfast. This charming B&B offers the perfect mix of old and new. Our room was quiet, extremely clean and the decor was top-notch. It was so nice to be able walk around Cashel and return to the hotel for cocktails on the outside patio. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We were thrilled to have found this place - it made our trip to Ireland even better!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Had a wonderful weekend. Loved everything about this Hotel. Being family run you get that personal touch which sadly is missing in alot of bigger Hotels in Ireland. I would say that it is more suited to adults. The food was fantastic, entertainment in the character filled bar was very good a real athmospere there. People had that friendly manner like you were one of their own. Have to say I am a teaaholic with no tea making facilities in the rooms I was put out at first but no pick up the phone to reception fine pots of tea on demand free gratis. I wish I was still there, cant wait to go back. As someone who stays Hotels in Ireland alot I feel we have found a little gem.

Room Tip: pool not open at the moment kids may be unhappy
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Large rooms, very clean and fresh. Good food served downstairs. Free internet in room (didnt seem to work on the night I was there, so I ended up shoving euros into the one in the lobby) Complimentary tea and coffee but you got to ring down to reception( didn't like this touch) Breakfast from 7.30 could be more comprehensive. Nice big ensuite and lovely comfortable bed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Booked this Hotel at short notice and received a fabulous deal which included dinner. The location is perfect the Hotel and Room were spotlessly clean and the dinner was out of this world. Also the next morning the breakfast was cooked to order and was superb. Excellent value for money 5* all the way.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Just got back from another quick trip to Ireland and yet another unblemished stay at Baileys! I think this might be my 4th or perhaps 5th stay there and they have never let me down yet! The rooms are v. comfortable, plenty enough room, quiet enough to work and the room service will supply as much coffee as you can drink. This time, I had a lovely view over the garden and towards a church at the back. That said, I have never had a room at the front so I dont know if its noiser. The food is fine! I've eaten in the bar downstairs several times and there is always plenty of it and very well served. The breakfasts in the restaurant are far better than I would expect at the price. Yesterday, I had buttermilk pancakes with fresh banana and today a proper Irish breakfast. (Well, you have to do it just once!) As much fruit juice and coffee as you'd like and enormous selection of pastries and cheeses and meats available.
My favorite smile of the entire trip, this time, was that one time I visited with a colleague and I seemed to get the room at the end of the hot water system so, since there were a number of other guests, the hot water was history if I wanted it when they did! However, when I checked in on Wednesday, the receptionist remembered me from that trip (last January!) and said she'd avoid that room! What a honey!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
The Horse & Jockey Hotel
Hotel Minella
#1 of 6 in Clonmel
Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Been to Baileys Hotel Cashel? Share your experiences!