“Many many thanks, Baileys”

Baileys Hotel Cashel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashel
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Well, got back yesterday from trip number 9 to Cashel, stay number 5 (I think) at Baileys and, since this was almost certainly the last time, I wanted to say thank you to the staff and to commend this lovely hotel to anyone planning on visiting Co. Tipperary and the South of the Republic of Ireland.
The hotel has everything you could want - love the huge beds, the towelling bath robes, the multitudinous towels, the heated bathroom floor, the nicest of staff who remember previous stays, lovely breakfasts (far more than I could eat in a month of Sundays), and the very handy location within easy reach of the main motorway between Dublin and Cork. The carpark is hugely useful and the fact of it being a few yards away from the hotel is not an inconvenience since there is space to park outside for loading/unloading purposes.
I have only had one negative on any of my stays here and it was a difficulty with the hot water supply but having mentioned it to the staff, they have never put me in that room again - I only mentioned it that one time but they have never even suggested that room. My colleage had that room once and he had no problem with the hot water so maybe I was just unlucky.
The hotel is quiet, comfortable, homely, personable and a really really nice experience! Thank you all for making me so comfortable and welcome each time I've visited. If I can return I will but this time, it wont be work bringing me to such a glorious corner of Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 June 2011

We only spent a night in this boutique hotel but thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything from the warm welcome during check-in to the decor and amenities of our room, to the glorious food during the breakfast buffet... it was all wonderful. The only drawback we found was that the tea/coffee making facilities were absent from the room itself. You need to contact reception directly if you want to avail yourself of a warm/hot drink.

The hotel also offers a car park, however it is a few doors down from the hotel. So if you have quite a bit of luggage to take with you into your room, we advise to set down in front of the hotel, check-in and unload before going to park your car.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We decided on Saturday morning to go down to Cashel to visit some relatives. I had stayed in Cashel before and when I rang the hotel I had stayed in they were fully booked. I had forgotten it was the night before the Munster Championships in Semple Stadium. However I rang Baileys Hotel and asked for a family room. I was told there was one available and I booked it immediately. We were quoted €140 for two adults and two children B&B. I thought it a little expensive for one night but the room was beautiful, very clean and very comfortable, although the kids had a battle over who got the camp-bed and who had to sleep in the normal bed...the camp-bed being the prize!
The breakfast was excellent and the service throughout the overnight stay was exceptionally friendly and very efficient. I was surprised at one of the comments by a visitor below claiming it was not family friendly as we found it the complete opposite and very welcoming to our two lively kids (7 & 5)! The previous review writer mentioned a competing hotel in the town which always makes me sceptical that the review is more of an advertisement rather then a genuine review in particular as we had an excellent experience. I will most definitely be back to this hotel with my family.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JDPM
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Fantastic family run hotel set in the beautiful town of Cashel. The food is absolutely delicious, served by such friendly and efficient staff. The staff always having a smile on their face adds to the welcoming feeling you get when you enter this little gem of a hotel. Set in the centre of Cashel its only a stroll to the shops and the fabulous tourist attraction The Rock of Cashel. The spacious bedrooms are beautifully decorated, very comfortable which guarantees a great nights sleep. All in all a true find and i will definitely be returning. An absolute credit to the the Delaney family.

Reviewed 27 May 2011

From the minute we stepped foot inside the door we were met by members of the staff in the reception area, they were so welcoming and friendly, we felt at home immediately.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and elegant in every way in keeping with its Georgian features. The bedroom was spacious and luxurious with underfloor heating, the bed was so so comfortable with lovely fluffy bathrobes in the en-suite bathroom. The food was exceptional and beautifully presented and the coffee was to die for. There was such a lovely ambiance and atmosphere in the dining and bar area. Cashel is a beautiful town, well worth the visit, we have booked already for our next visit in August. Can't wait!! CMcG

Reviewed 21 May 2011

What a fantastic hotel!! Situated in the centre of the cultural and copsmopolitan town of Cashel it is a gem of a hotel. The staff are second to none and go above and beyond the call of duty for their guests, all the while with a smile on their faces. The food in the hotel is superb catering for all tastes providing excellent, well thought out and varied menus. Any food I had in Baileys Hotel could not be faulted...only praised-it was delicious. A tastefully decorated hotel which has a lovely atmosphere. The staff are great and the owners, the Delaney family, are great hosts which will encourage one to return again and again.

2  Thank Sheehan09
Reviewed 15 May 2011

When I arrived at the hotel I found the staff extremely friendly and very helpful. Was slightly disappointed the swimming pool had been closed down, but I think this was due to me using an old hotel guide!! The room was gorgeous and had a lovely bathroom, and the bed was massive! Only fault I found with the room was that the walls must have been thin! As I could hear my colleague who was in the neighbouring room, whole conversation they were having on the phone! This made me a bit uncomfortable.

Otherwise this is a lovely hotel, breakfast was simply delicious!! Had a freshly coooked eggs benedict which was devine!!! Was happy to have a freshly cooked breakfast instead of the now usual buffey style breakfast. Had an evening meal in the Cellar Bar which was lovely too, the staff were very attentive and catered for all our needs, the bar had a lovely cosy atmosphere about it.

Stayed at the hotel for work reasons, but would return for a personal hoilday in the future :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
The Horse & Jockey Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cahir
Hotel Minella
Hotel Minella
#1 of 6 in Clonmel

Been to Baileys Hotel Cashel? Share your experiences!