“Nice small hotel”

Baileys Hotel Cashel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashel
Reviewed 29 July 2011

A few of us stayed here for a wedding recently and would be more than happy to go back again. It's in a perfect location (although having to go in for a key-fob to park is a pain), breakfast and lunch were good and nearly all the staff we very friendly. One waitress serving breakfast was very grumpy, but both the receptionist and night-porter couldn't have been more helpful, as well as the staff in the cellar bar, where I had lunch. I would have zero hesitation in recommending it to friends.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back with no view (but none expected). Front rooms might have view of the Rock...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2011

There is not much to do in Cashel except visitung the faous rock. So the joice of accomodation is poor. Baileys Hotel is a good choice, it is newly renovated and the building is very nice and old. Parking is free in the garage next door. Nice Irish breakfast, stuff very friendly, offered free tea in the afternoon, nice restaurant in the basement. 10 minutes walk to the Rock.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Just arrived back from Bailey's Hotel in Cashel where we pulled in for the night for a few pints and a bite to eat. We were very impressed with the quaint little hotel that we stumbled upon. The receptionist was exceptional and went to great lengths to get a phone charger for my Blackberry by bringing one in from her home, and had my phone charged for me the next morning. The hotel was spotless clean with fresh modern rooms and a huge bed with crisp white linen and extra pillows. The Cellar restaurant was exceptional also with friendly staff and a good Wine List and Menu to choose from. Breakfast too was divine Eggs Benedict with Bacon or Smoked Salmon. A nice memorable experience. We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank WalshFamily99
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Well, got back yesterday from trip number 9 to Cashel, stay number 5 (I think) at Baileys and, since this was almost certainly the last time, I wanted to say thank you to the staff and to commend this lovely hotel to anyone planning on visiting Co. Tipperary and the South of the Republic of Ireland.
The hotel has everything you could want - love the huge beds, the towelling bath robes, the multitudinous towels, the heated bathroom floor, the nicest of staff who remember previous stays, lovely breakfasts (far more than I could eat in a month of Sundays), and the very handy location within easy reach of the main motorway between Dublin and Cork. The carpark is hugely useful and the fact of it being a few yards away from the hotel is not an inconvenience since there is space to park outside for loading/unloading purposes.
I have only had one negative on any of my stays here and it was a difficulty with the hot water supply but having mentioned it to the staff, they have never put me in that room again - I only mentioned it that one time but they have never even suggested that room. My colleage had that room once and he had no problem with the hot water so maybe I was just unlucky.
The hotel is quiet, comfortable, homely, personable and a really really nice experience! Thank you all for making me so comfortable and welcome each time I've visited. If I can return I will but this time, it wont be work bringing me to such a glorious corner of Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We only spent a night in this boutique hotel but thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything from the warm welcome during check-in to the decor and amenities of our room, to the glorious food during the breakfast buffet... it was all wonderful. The only drawback we found was that the tea/coffee making facilities were absent from the room itself. You need to contact reception directly if you want to avail yourself of a warm/hot drink.

The hotel also offers a car park, however it is a few doors down from the hotel. So if you have quite a bit of luggage to take with you into your room, we advise to set down in front of the hotel, check-in and unload before going to park your car.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

We decided on Saturday morning to go down to Cashel to visit some relatives. I had stayed in Cashel before and when I rang the hotel I had stayed in they were fully booked. I had forgotten it was the night before the Munster Championships in Semple Stadium. However I rang Baileys Hotel and asked for a family room. I was told there was one available and I booked it immediately. We were quoted €140 for two adults and two children B&B. I thought it a little expensive for one night but the room was beautiful, very clean and very comfortable, although the kids had a battle over who got the camp-bed and who had to sleep in the normal bed...the camp-bed being the prize!
The breakfast was excellent and the service throughout the overnight stay was exceptionally friendly and very efficient. I was surprised at one of the comments by a visitor below claiming it was not family friendly as we found it the complete opposite and very welcoming to our two lively kids (7 & 5)! The previous review writer mentioned a competing hotel in the town which always makes me sceptical that the review is more of an advertisement rather then a genuine review in particular as we had an excellent experience. I will most definitely be back to this hotel with my family.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JDPM
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Fantastic family run hotel set in the beautiful town of Cashel. The food is absolutely delicious, served by such friendly and efficient staff. The staff always having a smile on their face adds to the welcoming feeling you get when you enter this little gem of a hotel. Set in the centre of Cashel its only a stroll to the shops and the fabulous tourist attraction The Rock of Cashel. The spacious bedrooms are beautifully decorated, very comfortable which guarantees a great nights sleep. All in all a true find and i will definitely be returning. An absolute credit to the the Delaney family.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
The Horse & Jockey Hotel
Hotel Minella
#1 of 6 in Clonmel
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa

Been to Baileys Hotel Cashel? Share your experiences!