“Lovely and quiet with fab food”

Baileys Hotel Cashel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashel
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a lovely retreat in a tourist town. It is in the heart of the town near all the shops. It also is walking distance to the famous Rock of Cashel.
The hotel itself if look for a side or back room will make a lovely quiet retreat in a buzzing lively town. Carpark is just down a few doors from the hotel. The room has a huge bed, lots of space, nice seating area, TV. There isn't a kettle however the reception will send up tea or coffee to your room at any time. The bathroom has a bath with shower head. Toiletries and towels and face cloths provided. Bathrobes, laundry service and extra pillows.
Underground heating in bathroom which is nice in the middle of night or early morning!!!!
Only issue was when we arrived toilet clearly needed to be flushed and cleaned which i feel was forgotten by cleaner this morning!!
The food on the bar is amazing with great menu.
Breakfast has extensive menu served downstairs with breakfast in bed for €4 per person.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank TipperaryGirl82

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed in Baileys for one night with my husband. Great location, in the centre of town (next door to a very lively pub). Receptionist was very friendly. There is a carpark a couple of doors down, but you can drop off your luggage first. Our room was spotless with a lovely big bed. Bathroom was excellent, with plenty of toiletries and a great shower. Dressing gowns were also supplied.

Breakfast was excellent, both the full irish and omelette. There were no teamaking facilities in the room, but you could ring as often as you liked, and it was delivered to your room within minutes and free.

Overall I have no complaints, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 956Awall
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room was lovely, very tasteful, clean and spacious. I loved the tea and coffee policy, you just rang them and it was delivered to the room, a proper pot of tea and coffee so much better than the small packets and the uht milk in most hotels, and all complimentary.
Dinner was also a surprise, super food and great service, even the breakfast was superior to the previous 5 hotels we had just stayed in on our tour round Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jules523
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed at Baileys for two nights in a family room with my sister and my 2 year old son, we loved it!! Our room was clean and spacious, the beds were comfortable and my little boy had been provided a little travel cot with a nice fleecy blanket.

We rang reception and asked for warm milk for my little boy each evening and it arrived within 10 minutes! We also brought some yoghurt a for him, which we put in to the sink to keep cool during the day, the lovely staff swapped it into a bucket of ice to keep it nice and cool for him when they cleaned the room (lovely touch and much appreciated!)

The hotel has good access for pushchairs and a lift to all floors. It was really quiet at night and we will definitely be staying there again in the future!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I wish we had stayed longer in this hotel and not moved around so much. Slept very well there, nice & quiet. The room was very clean & up to date. Elevator available to upper levels. The staff was exceptional!! Tea served to room at any time. I hope to return within the year and this is no doubt where I will stay. I had checked the reviews before making the reservation and was not at all disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here our first night after a long flight and it was absolutely the best stay I've had in Ireland! I agree with all the other reviews about comfort, decor, parking, staff, plus they had air conditioning which in the middle of July was quite welcome. The delightful cafe out front has nice food and good bar service and overall the hotel was quiet and offered a pleasant stay. The location is perfect for a mid-way stop in touring, or make it your destination for visiting the Rock of Cashel , a must-see in Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My last night of long trip. It was so pleasant a stay, good quite room, excellent breakfast, the centre of town, and real coffee made fresh and delivered to your room at any time day or night. Left the next morning for my flight wishing I had stayed here for a much longer time. When I return to Ireland Baileys Hotel will see me again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
The Horse & Jockey Hotel
Cahir House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cahir
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa

Been to Baileys Hotel Cashel? Share your experiences!