“Never disappointed!”

Price range: US$30 - US$67
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in A 19th century church beside the legendary Rock of Cashel, Chez Hans Has been serving the very best of local and seasonal produce in one of the most atmospheric dinning rooms in Ireland since 1968.
“Never disappointed!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having eaten in Chez Hans on several occasions I can firmly say it in my top 3 restaurants in the country. I have never left the restaurant feeling anything other than fully satisfied! The staff are efficient and friendly, and will bend over backwards to ensure you have an amazing experience.

Our most recent visit was in February, just after the Restaurant reopened following the Xmas holidays and the meal was as always faultless. I had the Crab crème brûlée and it was out of this world. My main was the Duck which was beautifully cooked and and extremely tasty. Everyone around the table was impressed with the standard of the food and the relaxed atmosphere of the venue.

The highlight of each visit is always the very friendly staff, particularity the wine waiter who is a natural at his job and offers an excellent service. Rarely do we find our glasses empty and its something I always miss from other restaurants, so for me a dedicated wine waiter is a huge bonus!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank JamieK87

“Unbelievable”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner here last week and everything was fabulous!! On arrival we got to sit in the bar by the warmest stove while we ordered then were brought in through to the dining room for the most amazing meal ever! We both had the goats cheese salad with Mediterranean veg which was so delicious I wanted seconds, followed by the cod with chorizo potato and my boyfriend had the duck.. Our plates were cleared. And the hot chocolate mousse was to die for. The staff were friendly, professional and made us feel like family! Will be back soon!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank diamondtoes
“Better off Chez Nous!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly we were made to believe this place was booked out for my fathers 60th birthday, which it was not as there were still empty tables when we left. The Meal was only mediocre. Waiting staff were pleasant except for the male waiter who was so busy trying to please the regulars he was forgetting the other customers. He pushed against and banged off my chair and another's for at least 10 minutes with his back to us. We felt we were shunned when we did not order wine ! The restaurant was cold on entering. Once the Bill arrived we added 10% tip still having felt poorly treated . That's when we were made to feel really out in the cold- We were left to sift through a pile of coats to get our own and not even so much as a goodbye. So Goodbye Chez Hans as we won't be returning. You wouldn't be treated like that in the Mother Hubbards Roadhouse/ takeaway on the Cahir Road. Maybe we should have gone there. Chez Hans is Overpriced, Overrated and an overall horrible experience. AVOID!

13 Thank BillfromCork
“Fantastic standards maintained”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say I am a regular customer of this restaurant since the late 60s and can say with complete honesty I have never had a less than 10 out of 10 experience. From the moment you walk in to this restaurant, which by the way is a centuries old converted chapel in the shadow of the mighty rock of cashel, you sit in a beautiful reception area with a lovely welcoming fire, you have you're pre dinner drinks in comfort to look over the menu then when you are ready you are shown to your table. On my recent visit I had the beef, all sourced locally with the names of the supplier on the menu so reputations are on the line, my guests had various other dishes and all comments were very positive, this restaurant is not cheap but by 5star standards it is very reasonable, quite simply you get what you pay for, great food, great service, great location and wonderful ambience. ....

2 Thank Alan L
Cashel, Ireland
“Best in Co. Tipperary”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Both my wife and myself had a brilliant experience. Food was amazing, service was excellent and setting is hard to beat. A must for foodies staying in or around County Tipperary.

Visited January 2014