“2013 trip to Ireland”
Review of Tinsley House B&B

Tinsley House B&B
Ranked #2 of 7 Cahir B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Excellent stay here in August 2013. Great room and superb breakfast. The hosts were knowledgeable about the local areas and offered many suggestions that enhanced our trip. Our rooms were neat and clean. The bathrooms were also well kept and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Liam is very nice and welcoming, and the house was the most charming of the trip. It has a lot of character. Not a lot of water pressure, or electricity, but much character! Cahir was just a one night stay on the way to the coast.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The owners of this charming B and B were very warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable about the area. Quiet comfortable room, excellent breakfast. Kid friendly as well. Plenty of free parking nearby. Thank you Tinsley House!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Lovely evening and night spent in Cahir. Very welcoming at Tinsley House, with its themed rooms linked to the history of the area. Secure overnight parking under cover for the bicycles. A fine breakfast too, to set us up for the 84km laden-pannier ride ahead of us.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My recent stay at the Tinsley House B&B was wonderful! From the moment I arrived until I left I was catered to my every needs. The owners went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed and more. Tea and coffee were always available in the tea room and fresh linens were provided to me each day. Breakfast was delicious! Each morning I was presented with orange juice, tea or coffee, and a menu of breakfast items I got to choose from. There were also a lot of resources for activities to do in the area, places to eat, and historical background on the area. I would recommend this B&B to everyone who passes through this charming little city. These people go out of their way to make sure your say is as comfortable as can be.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Had a short break recently and decided to head out of the Irish capital and do some light trout fishing. I had no immediate plan of action so I headed down the M7, and found myself being reeled in to the quite hamlet of Cahir Co Tipperary. With almost 28 degree heat, I was well up for a cool pint of the black stuff and was not disappointed. I inquired as to where one might procure good lodgings and was directed so by an enthusiastic local who insisted Tinsley House B & B might be the place for me as it was close. Indeed I was not led astray and confidentially checked-in. I was anxious to get out on the banks of the river Suir so hurriedly grabbed my gear and meandered past the 12th century Castle for my few hours of heavenly bliss... Not a bite to be had unfortunately, no point in lying, so I rambled on back towards the newly procured lodgings, but not before having another tipple of the black stuff and a nice chat with a local 'and' seasoned fisherman called 'Paddy' (never did catch his second name) who put me right on the proper bait for those parts of the river Suir. The following morning after a good nights rest and a hearty full Irish breakfast, I was ready to tackle another day of bliss on the river Suir with my rod in hand, unfortunately the pressures of self employment drew me out of that lovely town and back to the capital. So, if your down that way in the future, have a look for a horse called bob, you'll find him some where in the square, near the piper, now back to me job...thanks for reading Name J Mullaley Clontarf Dublin

Room Tip: my room was comfortable and clean as was the dining and lounge area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Snap S
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I had stayed at the Tinsley House years earlier and dropped in this time with no reservation. Really, at approximately 6 p.m., my friend and I rolled into Cahir and rang the door bell to ask if they had a vacancy. Liam said that they were not yet open for the season, but he decided to let us stay nonetheless. The room was nice and the tea room was wonderful. What was truly remarkable however was Liam's generosity with his time and his willingness to share his knowledge of the area. He made us feel as though we were his guests, not just customers. Enjoy your stay at the Tinsley House.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends