“Very bad value for money”

Riverhouse Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Cahir
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: View, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Here at the Riverhouse we specialise in all Homemade Irish Foods, we are very proud of our Bridgestone awards( Sally McKenna) which we have achieved for the last 7years to date2014, we also received Georgina Campbell Awards for 2012,2013,2014. we open 7 days a week 8.30am-6pm serving Breakfast, Carvery Lunch,Soups,Sandwiches,Pastas,kids meals...homemade desserts,coffees etc.. We have the BEST Views of Cahir Castle and River Suir.Tours are a must to take in the spectacular views along with the best homemade foods..Pop in to see for yourself we would love to welcome you:)
Ireland
“Very bad value for money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stopped off in here with my 2 children after a long drive, it looked very nice and clean, the kids had sausage and chips which were fine nothing amazing. I had a rashers and chips which were half raw and fatty totally disgusting I also had a cup of tea! The bill came to €26.20 which is a total joke and complete rip off! I would NEVER go here again!!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Lucy179

Cahir, Tipperary, Ireland
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I regularly visit this Restaurant and absolutely adore the food here. The selection is great, hot meals or a fantastic selection of breads, salads, deserts etc. The girls are very helpful and friendly and the owner Jenny is always in the Restaurant something I really like. There are tables out in the Patio which overlook the river which is perfect in the Summer.

Margaret

• Visited July 2013
Cashel, Ireland
“Great food and nice WiFi all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I sit upstairs at a window and watch ducks and swans until my meal arrives. I eat lunch earlier than most Irish so I can claim my spot, then feel a little guilty when I sit for an hour to use the free WiFi. I can't honestly say I get more done online during the hour after my Riverhouse meal but I certainly feel better than rushing around for a convenience meal down the street.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank topgold
“Great Homemade Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stopped off with my friends on our way back from a wknd away !must say was very impressed with the cleanliness of the place the food was delicious fresh bakery inside where you could smell the desserts being baked i went for the homemade carrot and corrinder soup and fresh filled sandwich some of the girls had steak and chips or quiches and we all had desserts we were very happy with the service and will definitely be back again

• Visited July 2013
Tipperary, Ireland
“a great treat with friends!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

the river house has to be one of the best restaurants in Cahir the staff are always so friendly and kind and the food is always top notch. I always go here with my friends and Im never let down nor are they. we always get milkshakes and there just fab i must say. I would highly recommend the river house!! :)

• Visited June 2013