“Overnight Value - Fantastic Food”

Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cahir
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed overnight to go to a wedding nearby the following day. Hotel is dated and old fashioned but very good value. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Restaurant was closed but ate in the bar. Food was probably the best meal we had in any hotel for many a year. Would recommend for short stays.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2014

attended a wedding here recently and was very impressed with the hotel. while it is slightly dated and could do with a little decor revamp it hospitality that we received made up for it. the hotel staff were warm and friendly and nothing was a bother to them. really enjoyed the wedding and stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Came here on a voucher deal with my girlfriend and it was great value for money. The hotel is certainly dated in terms of decor but that is what gives it its charm. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had dinner and a bottle of wine in the bar. There is a real homely feel to the place and a friendly atmosphere. We stayed in room 15 which was very elegant and spacious, it was a lovely room. The only complaint I would have is the lack of hot water in the morning. However the place is great value for money and I can highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kilcoran L, General Manager at Kilcoran Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Peadarpluaise

Many thanks for your kind comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us.I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of your company at Kilcoran Lodge Hotel in the near future. Kind Regards Gerard Moylan, General Manager, Kilcoran Lodge Hotel.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I were passing Kilcoran Lodge today on the way to Fermoy. We decided to stop and have a drink on what initially looks like a lovely decking area with a great view of the mountains. Waited for ten minures at the bar to get served..no sign of staff despite the receptionist directing us into the bar. When eventually served the taller of the two staff had some attitude..a family behind me who were also seated and waiting to order food were told " the menus are on the bar" in a really snide way. The girl who served me was quite pleasant. Outside it is a shame that the lovely fountain and pool are neglected, dirty and by the looks of it unkept as are the grounds where the grass was well over the ankle. Trees also looked that they needed to be pruned badly and the whole fascade of the hotel looks dated and dirty. Shame about all the foliage, trees etc blocking the view of that magnificent fountain from the road and additionally blocking the great view of the mountains from the neglected deck.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flynnic

Dear Flynnic
Thank you very much for your review and we take on board all of your constructive comments. Please rest assured that what you experienced is not our usual standard and your comments will be used as part of our next staff training session.
Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Kilcoran Lodge Hotel.Kind Regards Gerard Moylan, General Manager, Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here on the way to Cork, and whilst I didn't use many of the facilities, the service was superb. I rang in my booking and stated that I would be late, and they asked what time, I said around 9, and they said not to hurry as they would keep the kitchen open for me. Food (steak) was perfectly cooked and good value. I requested an early check out and said I would be happy with cereal and coffee but when I landed down around 7, the night porter (I think) had prepared a full Irish breakfast. Above and beyond the call of duty. Lovely views from the hotel, but I think a car is neccessary as it is out on its own. Some of the decor is a little dated, but everything is very clean. I couldnt find any wifi, but didnt ask.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank theredoneill
Kilcoran L, General Manager at Kilcoran Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Theredoneil Belfast
Thank your for your very positive comments on Kilcoran Lodge Hotel, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards Gerard Moylan & All the Management & Staff of Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Last week I visited kilcoran with my family for my cousin. We were greeted with smiling employees. It was a lovely warm hotel. The food was great. We found the staff very good and very helpful. We had trouble with opening our door but a woman at reception was up to assist us straight away. Very comfortable furniture and lots of it. If you wanted a minute away from all the great dancing you could sit out and have a conversation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jaynelawlortipp

Dear Jaynelawlortipp
Thank you for your very positive feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay the wedding reception we certainly enjoyed hosting the wedding. We have had a very positive response from all the guests at the wedding. I hope we have the pleasure of your company in Kilcoran Lodge Hotel again in the near future. Regards Gerard Moylan & All the Management & Staff of Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2014

have just returned from staying in the kilcoran lodges holiday homes which where covered in dust and dead spiders all over the upstairs windows. the beds where the worst i have ever experienced and i was covered in bruses from the broked springs!! the grill and oven trays ha been covered in tin foil instead of being washed properly and the washing machine was broken. we paid extra to use the hotel swimming pool which was poorly mintained with little to no supervision. VERY VERY DISSAPOINTING WEEK.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank e d

Dear Ed, Navan Ireland
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lodges at Kilcoran as the Lodges are owned and operated by a different company that is not associated to Kilcoran Lodge Hotel I am not in a position to reply to this review. Thank you also for reviewing the swimming pool I will use your comments as part of our ongoing training. Kind Regards Gerard Moylan General Manager Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahir
Cahir House Hotel
Hotel Minella
Hotel Minella
#1 of 6 in Clonmel
The Horse & Jockey Hotel

Been to Kilcoran Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!