“A great hotel”
Review of Cahir House Hotel

Cahir House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cahir
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend with my wife on a visit from Great Britain
We had a lovely stay.The room was spotless and adequate the housekeeping staff and the elderly head housekeeper Jenny couldn't have been more helpful offering us tea and toast before we left as we had to check out early. Food was great and the atmosphere lovely.
Well done Cahir House.We will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 747aine1104

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Were in the area for a wedding last October.
I honestly never thought there were hotels like this anymore.
We booked two nights.
Food: Wow - absolutely terribly awful. In a cold restaurant. No wonder there were only two couples in the place.
Breakfast. Cold!!!!!!!!!
No ironing facilities, had to wait to get the ONLY iron in the WHOLE HOTEL! Which was dirty and stained my boyfriends shirt!
The water was white! Not clear. White...
We were rudely asked to leave at 10! We were told check out was 12.
NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MADoyle26
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

The staff were friendly and chatty and the food was cooked to perfection.
My biggest problem is the state of the rooms, I had stayed here before and like always the hotel had a good number of guests, so no excuse for not tidying rooms. Though now I dont smoke I still got same smoking room I stayed in over 2 years ago (I didnt ask for smoking room) it was cold with a loose window frame on a noisy street then and exactly same now. I mentioned to lovely receptionist that window could do with a seal....but I also said it before.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PazBan
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We recently chose Cahir house Hotel as our venue to host a hen party.. The manager Robert and all the staff including Karen who helped design our perfect menu from day one of inquiry and pricing were just superb. They were so understanding and pleasing and worked with us to create exactly what we wanted. We arrived early that day with all our little extra's for the night where we were so warmly greeted. Robert and staff so kindly offered to decorate the area for our champagne, strawberries and canapes for our drinks reception. We returned late that afternoon and the atmosphere was great, our drinks reception looked amazing so beautifully displayed and professionally served. Our private function room with banqueting table set up so beautifully for 26 people with candelabra's as centerpieces. I honestly couldn't of imagined how stunning the whole place was going to look. Our meal was fantastic with such good quality food and to please 26 women on a hen is hard work but they managed it.. each and every one of the girls loved it. They left us go through all our games etc and joined in with our laughs and banter. It was such a brilliant night and all down to Robert and his staff who went above and beyond for us. The value for money was fantastic and the rooms were fabulous. We cannot thank you enough and will be highly recommending your hotel and services to all.. :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Went down for a weekend with about 80 fellow hikers for the weekend , it was a common theme that although the hotel was a bit of a faded lady ,as some of the rooms were a bit tired although other said that there room was fine ,that the staff were superb , nothing was a problem , a bit like Cahir itself so friendly . Had dinner in the hotel twice and the food was pretty good , would definitely return if I was down in that part of the world again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I attended a school reunion function at Cahir House in December 2013 and it was just fantastic. The hotel really appreciated the fact that this was a group of people coming together for the first time in 20 years. We arrived in ones and twos and ended up sitting down to dinner well over an hour late in their tastefully decorated bistro. Despite our poor time keeping and the large group the food was excellent. I would really recommend the lamb shank!
We then retired to the large bar where the atmosphere is very welcoming from staff and locals alike. The room I stayed in was way beyond what I had expected from a hotel in a small rural town. Really top end for the price.
Overall a very pleasant experience at reasonable prices! Can't wait for the 50th reunion!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I did the public relations officer role on this event this year. Robert and the staff of Cahir House Hotel were very professional to work with from the get go and very down to earth people. Cahir House fed 233 people in their beautiful ballroom on New Year's Eve and the food was phenomenal! The waiting staff and kitchen/bar staff worked so hard on New Year's Eve to give us the night we were hoping for.
When it comes to food I look for the best and boy did we get that in Cahir House Hotel - for anyone planning a function/event you should definitely consider Cahir House. So so happy with the event and I can safely safe so were all other 232 people in attendance at our South Tipp Macra Masquerade New Year's Eve

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahir
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
#1 of 6 in Clonmel
Raheen House Hotel
Raheen House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Clonmel

Been to Cahir House Hotel? Share your experiences!