“A little gem”

The Lazy Bean Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Cahir
Cuisines: Cafe, Irish, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lazy Bean Café is Cahir's favourite restautant, located centrally on the Square. Best coffee in town.
Clonmel
“A little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have visited this café a number of times now and can highly recommend it either for a coffee and snack or indeed a full meal. The product is top class, at no stage did I get a bad meal or indeed anything other than 5 star treatment. The ambiance is great and the staff are particularly helpful. I could not praise this enterprise enough it is surely a boon to Cahir situated as it is on the main street and with seats outside to watch the world go by.
Happy Traveller

• Visited July 2014

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great place for a coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

On a trip to Cork we stopped in Cahir for a mid morning coffee and snack,settled on the Lazy Bean and wasn't disappointed,really good coffee,food was great and the staff were very friendly and polite,will stop again for sure ......10 out of 10

• Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Top, top place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I regularly travel from Dublin to Cork and always make a point of stopping off here for lunch or, indeed, if on the road early I stop off for coffee for the trip.

The staff are always friendly and when I stay to eat I never feel rushed. As with any business that gets huge swathes of people at lunch you may feel guilty staying a bit longer but I never feel compelled to leave. I'm addicted to the cajan chicken panini for lunch & the eggs, bacon, sausage, toast & coffee breakfast would set any one up for the day.

I can honestly say I've never left feeling disappointed by anything other than I have to go to work. Will be back soon!

Waterford, Ireland
“"OVERRATED BIG DISAPPOINTMENT"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently visited The Lazy Bean as I was in Cahir on business. The appearance of this cafe looks ok, however inside tells a different story .My first visit, I was met with a very unfriendly and ignorant waitress.I waited 20 mins for the staff to finish their private conversation to come and take my order. Food was nothing special, I ate and I left. Being a person that is quite reasonable I then met a colleague there the following week and we thought we'd give this place another go, once again this place did nothing but shock me. How people can think that they can run a business and treat their customers with such disrespect really does make me wonder. Again, in this cafe, there is no such thing as 'service with a smile'. A simple smile goes a long way. When I went to pay I was just told the amount , no please, no thank you. Just the waitress speaking amongst themselves in a foreign language. I can safely say I will not be giving this place another chance. Bottom line.... Food is average and overpriced, coffee tastes burnt. Overall, Very unpleasant .

5 Thank RCT5001
ireland
“expensive and rushed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

always feel that you are expected to eat and drink quick , waitress can be pushy , food and drinks are expensive for the quality of food served

3 Thank gigmickey
Lazy B, Owner at The Lazy Bean Cafe, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for visiting the lazy bean. It would appear from your review that you have been to our cafe more than once. That is always a good sign. We are a very busy establishment and both my staff and I are anything but pushy and always strive to give a fast and efficient service Our coffee has given us quite a reputation and in 10 years has seen 1 price increase of 10 cent. Each drink has two shots of espresso while a lot of establishments only give 1 shot Also we give a free top up on our regular coffee. As the owner I can assure you that we receive daily deliveries of fresh produce from the most reputable suppliers and our prices reflect this which like our coffee have seen only one increase in ten years